Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2008, 16:01   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Karma Rule Change?

“You have given too much Karma in the last 24 hours, try again later.” is a phrase that I keep on seeing these days.

As I understand it the maximum number of Karma awards that can be made in 24 hours is TWO. Yet this last week or so I seem to be limited to 1 in 24 hours.

The last time that I made an award was 6 days ago.

Today I made an award and when trying to reward someone else I got the “You have given too much Karma in the last 24 hours, try again later.” message.
Old 10-11-2008, 16:04   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Karma Rule Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
“You have given too much Karma in the last 24 hours, try again later.” is a phrase that I keep on seeing these days.

As I understand it the maximum number of Karma awards that can be made in 24 hours is TWO. Yet this last week or so I seem to be limited to 1 in 24 hours.

The last time that I made an award was 6 days ago.

Today I made an award and when trying to reward someone else I got the “You have given too much Karma in the last 24 hours, try again later.” message.
Trouble with you JB is your to bloody generous
Old 10-11-2008, 16:13   #3
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: Karma Rule Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Trouble with you JB is your to bloody generous
Not very helpful!
Old 10-11-2008, 17:13   #4
God Member

i noticed that too JB, i used to be able to give it twice in a day, but can't anymore can only give it once
Old 10-11-2008, 17:16   #5
God Member

The owner of this forum has the right to operate the karma system as he sees fit.
I suspect that he has given me bad karma recently
It is sometimes used to stimulate controversy and get us wound up - just don't let it

Old 10-11-2008, 18:11   #6
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i noticed that too JB, i used to be able to give it twice in a day, but can't anymore
same here.. and i cant give it at all in the morning

eh? what?
Old 10-11-2008, 18:13   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
same here.. and i cant give it at all in the morning

eh? what?

please rephrase that Kipax lol
Old 10-11-2008, 18:16   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The owner of this forum has the right to operate the karma system as he sees fit.
It is sometimes used to stimulate controversy and get us wound up - just don't let it
In the past Roy has changed the settings so you can award unlimited karma for a certain amount of time.

Try and give me some again Jambutty, it may let you this time.

Old 10-11-2008, 19:54   #9
I am Banned

lol oo er this just keeps getting more obsene
Old 11-11-2008, 09:28   #10
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: Karma Rule Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I am not questioning the right of the forum owner to do what he pleases with this forum but if there is to be a rule change, surely members should be notified.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:32   #11
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Karma Rule Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
In the past Roy has changed the settings so you can award unlimited karma for a certain amount of time.

Try and give me some again Jambutty, it may let you this time.
But did Roy tell us?

You’ve got enough Karma but you could give me some so that I could give the less fortunate people a bit more than I can do now.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:49   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
But did Roy tell us?

You’ve got enough Karma but you could give me some so that I could give the less fortunate people a bit more than I can do now.
No he doesn't tell us, it's only when you realise you can give, give, give, you realise there's a karma free for all.

Sadly I can't award you any karma, as I too have to spread it about, and obviously haven't given out much since your garden thread, which was ages ago, and which must mean I'm tight.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:23   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
must mean I'm tight.

Old 11-11-2008, 15:51   #14
Resting in Peace

I no understand????

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Old 11-11-2008, 15:58   #15
God Member

I too noticed this, and as a result, Bernadette, flashy, Neil and others have received no karma from me, maybe I am too generous and you dont deserve me!
Closed Thread

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..