Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 09:10   #1

Smile Profiles

Hi only recently joined and am wondering about how you increase Karma and what benefits it has, also how do you get Ackers .Also other things in the profile. Can we go over those with the mouse & it tells you? I can t find any explanation for them. Thanks
Really enjoying the site
Old 06-09-2005, 09:15   #2
God Member

Re: Profiles

You get ackers when you post threads, the amount of ackers recieved, is dependant on which thread you post in.
Karma you recieve off other members, good karma if they like what you post, bad karma deducted if they don't like what you post, or have a disagreement with you.
Hope this has helped a little.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:24   #3

Cheers And what about power?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:28   #4
God Member

Your power goes up dependant on how many posts you have, and how much karma, and i think (not sure) how long you have been a member.
Power if I am correct, means how much karma you can give. If you have a power of 4 you can give anything up to 4 karma points, but not all the time as sometimes, it will only give the person 2 or 3, so it is the maximum points of karma you can give.
If I am correct, you can only give karma after you have posted 100 times. It's been that long sinse I had to think about it all, I have gone a little hazey. But I think i'm correct, and sure if I am not, someone will correct me.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 06-09-2005, 09:33   #5

Joined last fri night, heard about it from cashman. Have found it quite addictive, am on a day off today, wouldnt normally be on at this time of day
Old 06-09-2005, 09:38   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by And Why Not
Joined last fri night, heard about it from cashman. Have found it quite addictive, am on a day off today, wouldnt normally be on at this time of day
iT DOES GET VERY ADDICTIVE........................... .

Glad to see you like the site...............

Miracles do happen!!

Old 06-09-2005, 09:44   #7
Give, give, give member

Also if you use the search facility you can usually find an old thread where someone has already asked the same questions.

I'm still learning. It was only last week I learnt how to cut and paste in the chatroom, never again!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:48   #8

Cheers. so who is holding who up in your profile pic then? I thought you were the female when I was talking to you on Friday night, and you never corrected me when I said something like , you're a woman after me own heart or words to that efffect!
Old 06-09-2005, 09:50   #9
God Member

Quote:
I thought you were the female when I was talking to you on Friday night, and you never corrected me when I said something like , you're a woman after me own heart or words to that efffect!

hahaha thats class hahaha.. made my day... garinda being naughty
Old 06-09-2005, 09:52   #10

and when you said that cashman & Ange come round yours for a brew, it confirmed it, fellas don't mek brews. At least they didnt when I was there
Old 06-09-2005, 09:54   #11
God Member

If you look on Rindy's profile it tells you he is male, down at the bottom.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 06-09-2005, 09:57   #12

yeah I know now, but with his hotmail add as as rindyroo or whatever, and the photo of the girl I just assumed (obviously incorrectly) that he was an asian female. Garinda not your normal lancashire male name is it?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:59   #13
God Member

haha this gets better.... garinda isnt yer normal lancashire male

sorry mate... but yer not!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:02   #14

I also wrongly assumed that Spuggie was scottish, with his flag & a few other things,. but he assures me he is from Accy. I also thought with your name Kipax maybe you are a city fan, but agin I maybe wrong. Never assume I was always told. but I obviously never listened.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:07   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by And Why Not
yeah I know now, but with his hotmail add as as rindyroo or whatever, and the photo of the girl I just assumed (obviously incorrectly) that he was an asian female.
LMFAO and another one bites the dust Rindy....................... .

Don't worry And Why Not..............this has been ASSUMED before. Not just from you.

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..