Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Profiles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/profiles-15453.html)

And Why Not 06-09-2005 09:10

Profiles

Hi only recently joined and am wondering about how you increase Karma and what benefits it has, also how do you get Ackers .Also other things in the profile. Can we go over those with the mouse & it tells you? I can t find any explanation for them. Thanks
Really enjoying the site

slinky 06-09-2005 09:15

Re: Profiles

You get ackers when you post threads, the amount of ackers recieved, is dependant on which thread you post in.
Karma you recieve off other members, good karma if they like what you post, bad karma deducted if they don't like what you post, or have a disagreement with you.
Hope this has helped a little.

And Why Not 06-09-2005 09:24

Cheers And what about power?

slinky 06-09-2005 09:28

Your power goes up dependant on how many posts you have, and how much karma, and i think (not sure) how long you have been a member.
Power if I am correct, means how much karma you can give. If you have a power of 4 you can give anything up to 4 karma points, but not all the time as sometimes, it will only give the person 2 or 3, so it is the maximum points of karma you can give.
If I am correct, you can only give karma after you have posted 100 times. It's been that long sinse I had to think about it all, I have gone a little hazey. But I think i'm correct, and sure if I am not, someone will correct me.

And Why Not 06-09-2005 09:33

Joined last fri night, heard about it from cashman. Have found it quite addictive, am on a day off today, wouldnt normally be on at this time of day

slinky 06-09-2005 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by And Why Not
Joined last fri night, heard about it from cashman. Have found it quite addictive, am on a day off today, wouldnt normally be on at this time of day

iT DOES GET VERY ADDICTIVE...........................:D :D .

Glad to see you like the site...............;)

garinda 06-09-2005 09:44

Also if you use the search facility you can usually find an old thread where someone has already asked the same questions.:)

I'm still learning. It was only last week I learnt how to cut and paste in the chatroom, never again!:(

And Why Not 06-09-2005 09:48

Cheers. so who is holding who up in your profile pic then? I thought you were the female when I was talking to you on Friday night, and you never corrected me when I said something like , you're a woman after me own heart or words to that efffect!

KIPAX 06-09-2005 09:50

Quote:

I thought you were the female when I was talking to you on Friday night, and you never corrected me when I said something like , you're a woman after me own heart or words to that efffect!

hahaha thats class hahaha.. made my day... garinda being naughty :)

And Why Not 06-09-2005 09:52

and when you said that cashman & Ange come round yours for a brew, it confirmed it, fellas don't mek brews. At least they didnt when I was there

slinky 06-09-2005 09:54

If you look on Rindy's profile it tells you he is male, down at the bottom.

And Why Not 06-09-2005 09:57

yeah I know now, but with his hotmail add as as rindyroo or whatever, and the photo of the girl I just assumed (obviously incorrectly) that he was an asian female. Garinda not your normal lancashire male name is it?

KIPAX 06-09-2005 09:59

haha this gets better.... garinda isnt yer normal lancashire male :)

sorry mate... but yer not! :)

And Why Not 06-09-2005 10:02

I also wrongly assumed that Spuggie was scottish, with his flag & a few other things,. but he assures me he is from Accy. I also thought with your name Kipax maybe you are a city fan, but agin I maybe wrong. Never assume I was always told. but I obviously never listened.

slinky 06-09-2005 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by And Why Not
yeah I know now, but with his hotmail add as as rindyroo or whatever, and the photo of the girl I just assumed (obviously incorrectly) that he was an asian female.

LMFAO;) and another one bites the dust Rindy.......................:D .

Don't worry And Why Not..............this has been ASSUMED before. Not just from you.:D