Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Profiles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/profiles-15453.html)

WillowTheWhisp 06-09-2005 13:52

Re: Profiles

I think 'Harwood Red' might have something to do with Stanley.

What ideas do you get from mine?

garinda 06-09-2005 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by And Why Not
An din response to Garindas school QEGS I thought Q E Girls School

No it stands for Queen Elizabeth [the first] Garinda [the first]...........oops, I mean Grammar School.

What does your choice of name conjour up, tethered with the fact your Cashy's sister?

It's a Paul Daniels catchphrase is it not?

Not a lot of people know that!

Neil 06-09-2005 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
I'm still learning. It was only last week I learnt how to cut and paste in the chatroom, never again!:(

Just stick to flashing rindy :)

And Why Not 07-09-2005 06:45

Willow , well I think I saw in an earlier posting, you'd lost your cat Bracken around Willows Lane so it could be that, or the fact that you are tall & thin & like to flit around thats it really

And Why Not 07-09-2005 06:49

And in response to Garindas question about my name. I didnt want a name that was obviously male or female , and I was stuck tween Yeah Right, and And Why Not, and I thought the latter was less confrontational. Didnt want to be taken as awkward being a new member. Re the Paul Daniels you're obviously a fan & remember more about him than me. And with And Why Not depending on how you say (read) it , it can have more than one meaning. Know what I mean

WillowTheWhisp 07-09-2005 06:54

Tall and thin I'm certainly not. heehee. You are right about Willows Lane though. The "Whisp" bit comes fom a nickname I got from my kids one day after we'd been for a ride on the open top bus at Scarborough and then photographed going into the Sea Life Centre. My hair looked ridiculous and they called me "Wispy the Wonder Woman" I had to insert the "h" just to be awkward.

When I saw your name "And Why Not" I didn't think of Paul Daniels but of Barry Norman.................and why not?

garinda 07-09-2005 09:23

Quote:

And in response to Garindas question about my name. I didnt want a name that was obviously male or female , and I was stuck tween Yeah Right, and And Why Not, and I thought the latter was less confrontational. Didnt want to be taken as awkward being a new member. Re the Paul Daniels you're obviously a fan & remember more about him than me. And with And Why Not depending on how you say (read) it , it can have more than one meaning. Know what I mean

The origins of my nickname, which I had before joining the forum, are given in one of my earlier blog entries, and is too boring to repeat here.

Garinda was also chosen because it was thought to be non generic, obviously not, and why not?;)

mez 07-09-2005 09:34

well what about mine then "mez"? i do have the explanation for it but were it it come from ?

And Why Not 07-09-2005 09:38

Mother Hen, well that automatically conjures up , a more mature, motherly , warm sort of lady who likes to look after her younger charges.. but for all I know you might have a farm with lots of chickens on.

harwood red 07-09-2005 11:19

Quote:

I know that Kippax has 2 p's . wasnt sure if you could spell it, or you just keyed incorrectly.
There are some great names on here dont; you think? and they conjure up all sorts of images.
Take Harwood Red. 1st thing that came to my mind was a hair colour, and then a bus service, (theres one in the midlands or used to be called Midland Red) no offence Red, if I can be so bold as to call you Red, I noticed our kid called you Red

Of course you can call me red. The name is due to living in Great Harwood (harwood) and being a stanley supporter (red).

As for the hair colour, def not red head and the bus....well... have been likened to the back end of one before now ;)

mez 07-09-2005 14:36

used to have a smallholding with hens, duck, goats, & geese, yes the mother hen is right on , but the "mez" comes from a friends child who shortened my name which to this day i didn't think you could.