Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2012, 23:14   #16

Re: Mary Parkinson

Dear Bette , I was interested to read your post on the accrington web site about your mothers grandfather Henry Parkinson 1855-1938 and wondered whether you found anything out - I am interested because my father , now deceased born 1919 , and his brother , knew your greatgrandfather Henry , and spoke highly of him . I am very surprised on googling Henry's name that there is not more information on him , considering he was a generous and giving individual known as “Accrington Friend and Well wisher” – I am wondering if you have seen this article? - Oak Hill Park Accrington. - it broke my heart to read of his grandfather being walked all that way in the snow aged only 6 , only to cry all night and then to try and retrace his fathers footprints back home the following morning - what a trooper
I used to go to girlguides with a girl called Dawn Parkinson in the 70's and i remember her as being someone I looked up to - (I think her family ran a bed and breakfast in the town) - i don't know if they are/were any relations or not.
i have an Alice Parkinson born c1838 in my family tree , she married a Joseph Whittaker and was my fathers greatgrandmother , so i am wondering whether she might have been a relation of Henry , and hence the connection with my father..?

If you have any information I would be grateful
firefly10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2012, 23:24   #17
Senior Member+

firefly10

may i suggest that you PM Bette. This thread is 7 years old and Bette hasn't used the site(according to profile) since 2010. Perhaps by PM you may get her attention to look at the site

hope you both find(or perhaps found in Bette's case) the info you are after
Old 18-04-2012, 23:35   #18

thanks restless!! I just realised I was supposed to introduce myself and asked whether or not Bette would be notified of my response or not , so now that I know I need to PM her i will do that - many thanks !!
firefly10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 23:41   #19
Senior Member+

Im not sure if commenting on thread will do that. Sometimes on some forums there is option to subscribe by email. But don't know about here. Im sure somebody will be along soon to clarify welcome
Old 19-04-2012, 09:57   #20
Senior Member+

ow do, and welcome
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

« hello :) | Hello »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..