Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Accrington Claim to fame (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/accrington-claim-to-fame-2164.html)

littlemo 06-10-2003 12:35

Re: Accrington Claim to fame

What about Jo Allessi, he's been on a few things hasn't he? did he have a bit part in Bridget Jone's diary?

Tealeaf 06-10-2003 12:41

Never heard he was from Accy.......I once heard a story that Butch Cassidy's dad was from Accy and that Butch had a good Accy accent.....any one else hear that?

Royboy 06-10-2003 12:47

Just read on net somewhere that butch was taken over there as a baby, strangely enough!

Tealeaf 06-10-2003 12:49

So if he was taken over as a baby, then was he born in Accy? And if so, whereabouts?

Tealeaf 06-10-2003 12:52

Re: Gatty

Somewhat ironic, is it not, that Gatty - the guy who developed the Khaki dye - the standard colour of the British Army battledress - was a German (although settled in Church)

Royboy 06-10-2003 12:53

Would be interesting to know that's for sure! :)

Tealeaf 06-10-2003 12:57

Did Butch were Khaki when he robbed the banks and trains with Sundance?

lettie 06-10-2003 15:52

:D   Littlemo,

Joe Alessi went to Moorhead also, I was in the same year as his brother, and his dad has the little taylors shop at the bottom of my street. Can't remember if he was in Bridget Jones, though I think he may have been (will have to watch it again) he has definately had small parts in the Bill and some other t.v. shows, but I can't remember which ones. Funnily enough, snooker player Dennis Taylor used to have his suits made at Joe's dad's shop. When I first bought this house, I used to see him on our street regularly ;D

littlemo 07-10-2003 01:04

It was Mark that told me that but when I watched it I couldn't find him!

Jo 07-10-2003 12:02

Just for the record, Bill Beaumont the ex-England rugby captain is a stuck-up, fat, ugly, arrogant, creep.
My brother deals with him regularly in Spain where he lives and where Bill has his yacht.
As*h**e!

Tealeaf 07-10-2003 12:09

What was that last remark? You insult that fine Lancastrian, Sir William Blackledge Beaumont? How dare you?

ASFC1951 07-10-2003 12:51

Butch Cassidy was born Robert LeRoy Parker on April 13th, 1866 in Beaver, Utah. His parents were Mormons and his grandfather was one of the first Mormon settlers in Utah. I've heard the Butch Cassidy is from Accy myth before, but I think it's just that...a myth.

One famous Accringtonian who hasn't been mentioned here is Sir Harrison Birtwistle, the UK's foremost living classical music composer.

Tealeaf 07-10-2003 12:54

Yeah....you ever been to a Birtwhistle concert or listened to his stuff.....talk about wacky...10 minutes is enough to do your head in

Jo 07-10-2003 13:12

bill Beaumont alias creep face has a habit of going into pubs and restaurants, eating and drinking as much as he wants and leaving without paying. If he is questioned he says in a very loud vioce "do you know who the f**k I am?" Get out my pi**ing way or I'll knock you're stinking head off."
Nice guy eh?

Jo 07-10-2003 13:12

And anyway, I always supported Emly hughes.