Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   weather?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weather-29920.html)

Eric 04-10-2011 18:46

Re: weather??

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 937815)
Does that mean you'll be out fishing again Eric? My husband's a fan -have tried going along with him in the past but find it too boring -used to take a book to pass the time...

I might throw in a line ... one nice thing about reaching the age of 65 in Ontario is that one can fish for free, without a licence:D And the weather looks great for the long weekend: low 20s and lots of sun. Should be a great Thanksgiving (unless you're a turkey ... :eek:) ..... Am going to do the turkey, trimmings, pumpkin pie thing this year. Everything grown and raised in Ontario ... washed down with a fine Ontario wine from Prince Edward County just down the road from here ... However, I will have Lancaster Bomber in the fridge.:D

I suppose the book that you passed the time with must have been that English classic: Izaak Walton's "Compleat Angler" (1653);)

jaysay 04-10-2011 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 937858)
I might throw in a line ... one nice thing about reaching the age of 65 in Ontario is that one can fish for free, without a licence:D And the weather looks great for the long weekend: low 20s and lots of sun. Should be a great Thanksgiving (unless you're a turkey ... :eek:) ..... Am going to do the turkey, trimmings, pumpkin pie thing this year. Everything grown and raised in Ontario ... washed down with a fine Ontario wine from Prince Edward County just down the road from here ... However, I will have Lancaster Bomber in the fridge.:D

I suppose the book that you passed the time with must have been that English classic: Izaak Walton's "Compleat Angler" (1653);)

Na Eric Fly Fishing by J. R. Hartley:D

Sara 04-10-2011 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 937812)
Sorry, folks it's 28°C and sunny here again...don't want to rub it in too much. My comfort zone is 25°C and below being a delicate English rose...I stay out of the sun and prefer blustery Lankyshire weather. Anyone fancy a swap?

I'd gladly swap, weathers beginning to turn nasty now.

Eric 04-10-2011 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 937860)
Na Eric Fly Fishing by J. R. Hartley:D

Is that like fishing in your fly for your worm:confused::D

jaysay 05-10-2011 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 937866)
Is that like fishing in your fly for your worm:confused::D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW08Pr5z7Gw

Na this is it Eric:D

Eric 05-10-2011 15:25

Ah ... now I see. Let your fingers do the walking:D

MargaretR 06-10-2011 11:41

Hailstones !!!!

emamum 06-10-2011 11:48

i got caught in the hailstones, little ones thought they were hilarious as they were tucked up in their cosytoes in the pram with a raincover on... me not so much!

mobertol 06-10-2011 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum (Post 938304)
i got caught in the hailstones, little ones thought they were hilarious as they were tucked up in their cosytoes in the pram with a raincover on... me not so much!

Enjoy them while they're young -you'll miss them once they've flown the nest...

So much for St Luke's Little Summer -looks like you're not getting it this year over in Accy. Looks like it may be turning here too... but overcast this aft.

emamum 06-10-2011 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 938317)
Enjoy them while they're young -you'll miss them once they've flown the nest...

So much for St Luke's Little Summer -looks like you're not getting it this year over in Accy. Looks like it may be turning here too... but overcast this aft.

oh i do, Grace is 2 and half and mad as a box of frogs,makes me laugh everyday :D Jo's 13 months and just found his feet and wanders round like a telletubby and Tys 9 and too smart for his own good, should be fun in January/February when the new one arrives:D

mobertol 06-10-2011 15:58

All i can say to that is..............GOOD LUCK!:D

jaysay 06-10-2011 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 938303)
Hailstones !!!!

Thought it was going to break my flaming windows this aft, hell did it hailstone

mobertol 06-10-2011 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 938352)
Thought it was going to break my flaming windows this aft, hell did it hailstone

You should see the storms we get off the Alps--hailstones as big as golf-balls!

jaysay 07-10-2011 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 938386)
You should see the storms we get off the Alps--hailstones as big as golf-balls!

I can remember my old man telling me about hailstones as big as golf balls when he was stationed in Italy during the war mobertol

MargaretR 07-10-2011 10:18

During one of my trips to Lake Garda there was storm which came fast, uprooted palm trees and sank a boat. It happened during the serving of dinner and the waiters had to leave the restaurant and move fast to bring in the outdoor furniture.