Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   weather?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weather-29920.html)

jaysay 18-11-2011 09:09

Re: weather??

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 949218)
Beautiful weather here today - blue skies and sunny. Am in Bologna to meet up with an old friend -actually ate out "al fresco" this evening!!! Ok so they had those patio burners and gave out rugs to put round your knees (all i needed was a bath-chair and i could have been in an Agatha Christie plot...)

Spent much of the time drooling -not for the food but for the lovely Alberto Tomba -drop dead gorgeous- who was at the next table OMG!!!!!! :eek::D

Cold though as you can see from Neptunes attributes in the photo;)

Impressive trident though:D

Did he ski off into the sunset mobertol:D

mobertol 18-11-2011 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 949242)
Did he ski off into the sunset mobertol:D

Unfortunately....Yes!:D

Lovely again today -been round the Botanical Gardens this morning and just had a fab lunch -fresh fish in a great Trattoria -can't fault Bologna, except that I've been eating too much, have sore feet from all the walking and am losing my voice (again) through talking and laughing like a hysterical teenager with my Friend Charlotte.

Oh, to be 18 again...:rolleyes::hothothot

mobertol 20-11-2011 14:53

Got home yesterday and have been immersed in the gloom of constant fog -at risk of falling into severe depression...it's freezing cold too!

ossy kid 20-11-2011 16:41

First covering of the white stuff here, it,s a bit early, no footy today. Hope it,s not a sign of a bad winter ahead. The mountains look great though.

mobertol 20-11-2011 16:54

How lovely -we have had snow on the Alps for a bit -love that first snow though -magical every time!

steve2qec 20-11-2011 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 950093)
How lovely -we have had snow on the Alps for a bit -love that first snow though -magical every time!

We can top that here in Accy.....there was a bit of mist over the coppice this aft!

mobertol 20-11-2011 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 950097)
We can top that here in Accy.....there was a bit of mist over the coppice this aft!

Almost as poetic as "Mist over Pendle" Steve!:)

Eric 21-11-2011 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 950081)
First covering of the white stuff here, it,s a bit early, no footy today. Hope it,s not a sign of a bad winter ahead. The mountains look great though.

No snow yet down east ... but its around -5 (-10 with the wind chiill) ... so, winter is def. on its way .... just caught news of the temps out west yesterday ... Edmonton -36:eek: And even colder in Dawson. Time for the long johns:alright:

susie123 21-11-2011 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 950335)
No snow yet down east ... but its around -5 (-10 with the wind chiill) ... so, winter is def. on its way .... just caught news of the temps out west yesterday ... Edmonton -36:eek: And even colder in Dawson. Time for the long johns:alright:

Winter draws on, Eric...

Time to hibernate... :sleep8:

MargaretR 21-11-2011 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 950350)
Winter draws on, Eric...

I do - and rarely emerge in summer.
I sleep more than most folk but not the 23 hours the folk in this article do
Human hibernation | BMJ

Margaret Pilkington 21-11-2011 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 950350)
Winter draws on, Eric...

My thoughts precisely...and if I could I would.
I do not like winter....it isn't the cold and the damp(though I am not fond of those)...it is the lack of natural light.

mobertol 21-11-2011 14:42

Love winter myself -you can always wrap up against the cold. Frosty mornings, blue skies, crisp sounding footsteps in snow -wonderful....bring it on.

Vin bruleč, Hot Chocolate, lighted fires....Xmas!

Going to get our snow-tyres fitted on the car tomorrow- can't wait for it to snow and the world to be muffled and perfect for a while...!

MargaretR 21-11-2011 14:48

My favourite home delivery supermarket has advised me that snow tyres have been fitted to their fleet.

I'ts reassuring to know I won't starve :D

mobertol 21-11-2011 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 950364)
My favourite home delivery supermarket has advised me that snow tyres have been fitted to their fleet.

I'ts reassuring to know I won't starve :D

What about gathering winter fuel when the snow is deep and crisp and even?:rolleyes::D

Tom Jones Christmas-Good King Wenceslas - YouTube

vera 21-11-2011 15:15

The rain has been falling for 3 days now, except for a few hours break. Looks like winter has arrived early this year. Roll on March when the sun gets his hat on again. :mad: :hothothot