Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   weather?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weather-29920.html)

ossy kid 21-11-2011 15:33

Re: weather??

The kids are coming down from Whitehorse this weekend to watch the Grey Cup, Canadian football final, -38 in Whitehorse, 18" of snow already and they want us to go up for Christmas?????? I,m heading to Mexico.

Neil 21-11-2011 16:50

The radio said it was that foggy this morning the southern fairies could not fly.
That probably means visibility was down to 1/2 a mile :D

jaysay 21-11-2011 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 950350)
Winter draws on, Eric...

Time to hibernate... :sleep8:

I've been doing that for years susie, but these days I've no choice:(

jaysay 21-11-2011 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 950368)
The rain has been falling for 3 days now, except for a few hours break. Looks like winter has arrived early this year. Roll on March when the sun gets his hat on again. :mad: :hothothot

Oh so sorry to hear that vera:D

Eric 22-11-2011 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 950375)
The kids are coming down from Whitehorse this weekend to watch the Grey Cup, Canadian football final, -38 in Whitehorse, 18" of snow already and they want us to go up for Christmas?????? I,m heading to Mexico.

I suppose you will be cheering for the Lions ... Me, I'm a Roughrider fan; but as they didn't show up to play this season:mad:, I will be a temporary Blue Bomber fan for the Grey Cup game ... it's a Prairie thing;):D

jaysay 22-11-2011 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 950693)
I suppose you will be cheering for the Lions ... Me, I'm a Roughrider fan; but as they didn't show up to play this season:mad:, I will be a temporary Blue Bomber fan for the Grey Cup game ... it's a Prairie thing;):D

Hope the weather stays fine for it:rolleyes:

ossy kid 22-11-2011 21:36

Looks like the snow will have gone for the game {just to stay on track** it,s an enclosed stadium anyway. Yes, will be hoping the Lions pull it off, it,s a Pacific thing! I,ll put a pint on them.

Eric 23-11-2011 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 950866)
Looks like the snow will have gone for the game {just to stay on track** it,s an enclosed stadium anyway. Yes, will be hoping the Lions pull it off, it,s a Pacific thing! I,ll put a pint on them.

You're on .... with a shot of Crown Royal on the side;)

Eric 23-11-2011 14:46

And today we are having our first snowfall:alright: But if the long range forecast is correct, it will be above normal temps until my birthday. The geese have been hanging around in their thousands ... still even have swans on the lake ...

Eric 23-11-2011 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 950350)
Winter draws on, Eric...

Time to hibernate... :sleep8:

Nah ... We're Canadians:alright: We know we are going to have winter; so most folks get out and enjoy it ... kids love it ... And we have hockey, skating, curling, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, and for those adventurous souls with less brittle bodies than mine, skiing, snowboarding. We even have something in K'town called Febfest, where we get out and enjoy the worst of the winter.

Feb Fest Begins in Downtown Kingston [in 3D] | Kingston Herald

mobertol 23-11-2011 15:03

Feb fest looks great fun - enjoy a skate myself but need knee pads on - we have an outdoor rink in one of the main squares in Cremona in December.

Crown Royal is a favourite of my husbands after visiting the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto several times -that and morning coffees with Baileys -keeps the cold at bay!

susie123 23-11-2011 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 951033)
Nah ... We're Canadians:alright: We know we are going to have winter; so most folks get out and enjoy it ... kids love it ... And we have hockey, skating, curling, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, and for those adventurous souls with less brittle bodies than mine, skiing, snowboarding. We even have something in K'town called Febfest, where we get out and enjoy the worst of the winter.

Feb Fest Begins in Downtown Kingston [in 3D] | Kingston Herald

If we had real winter here I would enjoy it too but the slightest bit of snow seems to completely throw most people...

mobertol 23-11-2011 15:12

3 Attachment(s)
Here lovely afternoon, sunny all day -went along the canal through the Emwood, still mild and very autumny...took a few pics!

mobertol 23-11-2011 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 951036)
If we had real winter here I would enjoy it too but the slightest bit of snow seems to completely throw most people...

They are really used to snow over in Canada and are experts at dealing with and living with it.
We are near the Alps here too so usually get snow -everyone has to have snow-tyres fitted from Nov -March here or have chains for the tyres. You get a fine if they stop you and you aren't kitted out.
With the UK usually having milder winters it does seem to create havoc when you get a decent snow-fall -i remember all those people stranded on a M'way in Scotland last year....

Gordon Booth 23-11-2011 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 951037)
Here lovely afternoon, sunny all day -went along the canal through the Emwood, still mild and very autumny...took a few pics!

Mobertol, looks lovely, with walks like that I wouldn't think you miss England too much.