Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   my eye hurts (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/my-eye-hurts-39763.html)

emamum 27-05-2008 21:10

Re: my eye hurts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 582504)
Will it not cost more than that if you get a prescription from the doctor?

They're about £7 I think. :(

i get free prescriptions

emzy 27-05-2008 22:17

Quote:

Think they are about £7.20 now (or there abouts and no doubt i will be corrected) I havent had to pay for a prescription for years luckily, through not needing them and since being pregnant which made me exempt from paying for them but paid for one last week and was very very shocked at the price

emamum 27-05-2008 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 582577)
Think they are about £7.20 now (or there abouts and no doubt i will be corrected) I havent had to pay for a prescription for years luckily, through not needing them and since being pregnant which made me exempt from paying for them but paid for one last week and was very very shocked at the price

why did you pay for one :confused:

emzy 27-05-2008 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 582584)
why did you pay for one :confused:

It wasnt for me, i still dont pay for my prescriptions, this was for someone else

xLaura-Ashleyx 27-05-2008 22:22

Maybe coz ur tired lol and your forcing your eyes to stay open...

Neil 27-05-2008 22:32

Quote:

I think I am the only person in the UK that pays for them, thats how it feels when I go to the chemist anyway.

BERNADETTE 27-05-2008 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 582594)
I think I am the only person in the UK that pays for them, thats how it feels when I go to the chemist anyway.

I pay for mine but what bugs me is they are free in Scotland now

lindsay ormerod 28-05-2008 18:06

£7:10 actually !:rolleyes: ( per item )
And it certainly seems most people don't pay for them !

WillowTheWhisp 28-05-2008 18:35

If you get a lot of regular prescriptions it can work out cheaper to get a prepay. Hope your eye is better soon.

Bonnyboy 28-05-2008 18:47

Got some anti biotic eye drops for my eye today from Boots - £4.99, it tastes poop too. Somehow it seems to work its way from my eye to the back of my nose and throat….dunno what that’s all about :D

buttonsmum 28-05-2008 18:58

We got some antibiotic drops from boots the other week for Siobhan's conjunctivitus, they cleared it up in no-time at all. It usually takes at least a week with the stuff the doctor prescribes.

Hope your eye's better soon.

lindsay ormerod 28-05-2008 19:05

The wonders of chloramphenicol eh ?
BB, your eyes and throat are all somehow connected up, don't ask me how, it's a weird thing the human body ! ( saw the evidence at that Gunther exhibition in Manchester !:eek:)

Bonnyboy 28-05-2008 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttonsmum (Post 583181)
We got some antibiotic drops from boots the other week for Siobhan's conjunctivitus, they cleared it up in no-time at all. It usually takes at least a week with the stuff the doctor prescribes.

Hope your eye's better soon.

Glad to hear that it cleared up the childs eye, also good to hear that it works fairly fast. :)

Bonnyboy 28-05-2008 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 583189)
The wonders of chloramphenicol eh ?
BB, your eyes and throat are all somehow connected up, don't ask me how, it's a weird thing the human body ! ( saw the evidence at that Gunther exhibition in Manchester !:eek:)

Yip, thats the stuff :D

I had started to wonder if I was piped up wrong, heard of ear nose an throat, dint realise it included eyes...how was that Gunther bloke, was it the chap doing the autopsys on the telly a few months back ?