Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   my eye hurts (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/my-eye-hurts-39763.html)

emamum 26-05-2008 21:14

my eye hurts

I have a pain in my eye, feels like its been poked its in the outer corner/edge bit, feels like its been poked (it hasnt) it hurts when i blink and it keeps clouding, any one any ideas?

Neil 26-05-2008 21:14

Re: my eye hurts

Next time keep your eyes closed, its the salt that makes them hurt :rolleyes::eek::D:p

Lilly 26-05-2008 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 582062)
I have a pain in my eye, feels like its been poked its in the outer corner/edge bit, feels like its been poked (it hasnt) it hurts when i blink and it keeps clouding, any one any ideas?

Is it gritty? Is your eye stuck together with goo in the morning?

I had this once and it felt like you described but the cloudiness was a yellow film of pus that I could peel off........vile. :(

It was conjunctivitis. I got some drops from my optician and it cleared up in 2 days. :)

emamum 26-05-2008 21:17

no, no grit or anything, just sore.

Lilly 26-05-2008 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 582063)
Next time keep your eyes closed, its the salt that makes them hurt :rolleyes::eek::D:p

What's that all about? :confused:

entwisi 26-05-2008 21:25

I had some obscure disese once in one of my eyes, they became hypersensitive to light. Went to BRI and they misdiagnosed it, gave me some drops, 24 hours later i couldn't see anything in that eye. Had 3 injections "into" teh eyeball. some wierd steroids for 6 months ( I had to carry a card saying what I was taking and had to be wiened off them slowly). Surgeon said he'd never seen it in anyone under 75 before... :eek:

If its still painful tomorrow get to RBH

Bonnyboy 26-05-2008 21:26

My eye was a bit like that last night, no clouding tho.

I found it had mattered a little during the night.

As the day has wore on, my eye has started to cloud when I blink, it's running ever so slightly at the moment and my eyelid has swelled, is red and a little tender.

I'm guessing a sty is going to come up.......not a clue how you treat it though.

lancsdave 26-05-2008 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 582076)

As the day has wore on, my eye has started to cloud when I blink, it's running ever so slightly at the moment and my eyelid has swelled, is red and a little tender.

I'm guessing a sty is going to come up.......not a clue how you treat it though.

I've got the same problem, Golden eye ointment is what I use.

Bonnyboy 26-05-2008 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 582077)
I've got the same problem, Golden eye ointment is what I use.

Never had one before. Was just going to buy some eyewash or summat. Is Golden eye ointment a brand name, is that what the chemist will know it by?

lancsdave 26-05-2008 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 582080)
Never had one before. Was just going to buy some eyewash or summat. Is Golden eye ointment a brand name, is that what the chemist will know it by?

Yep, got it from Boots. Good stuff but from memory you don't get much if any change from a fiver :eek:

Bonnyboy 26-05-2008 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 582082)
Yep, got it from Boots. Good stuff but from memory you don't get much if any change from a fiver :eek:

Cheers thanks for the info ;):D

Royboy39 26-05-2008 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 582076)

Never play nurse with your own eyes.............Doctors asap.

MargaretR 26-05-2008 22:00

It sounds like what I had last year
Blepharitis
http://www.goodhope.org.uk/Departmen...lepharitis.htm
Only antibiotic eye drops cure it -see a doc

emamum 26-05-2008 22:04

any volenteers for putting eye drops in if needs be?? i cant do it, sure ty would love to after the amount of times ive done it to him now lol

jaysay 27-05-2008 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 582066)
What's that all about? :confused:

You don't want t know Lilly, its Neil being is usual tongue in cheek self:rolleyes: