Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Whats happened to Accrington???? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/whats-happened-to-accrington-45968.html)

cashman 05-03-2009 18:31

Re: Whats happened to Accrington????

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 689231)
I know Cashy, but still suffering from post traumatic stress after all these years. :(

The Bridge gets busy in Accy ... can't get any rougher or dirtier than that .. so just atmosphere or summat.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ya need a degree in "armed robbery" or drugs to be accepted in yon.:D

Would love to see some lovely wine bars in the new proposed square, with small Bistros and outside covered areas with trellises and dangling vines where you could sit and have a drink in comfort.

good idea, but ya mean so ya can have a fag.:D

katex 05-03-2009 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 689237)
good idea, but ya mean so ya can have a fag.:D

You got me sussed .... ;)

pipinfort 05-03-2009 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 688426)
Everything... everything is sticky. How is that even possible?
The sound is always rubbish, the picture is rubbish, the seats are broken, it's always freezing cold and a lot of decent films don't even appear there. No ta!

Ahhhh you beat me to it........:rolleyes:

katex 05-03-2009 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 689241)
Why is it that Pop Stars today are ugly ... unless they are 'bent' ?
Am I too old to appreciate?

Would like to know from some of our younger members which ones they find attractive.

Whoops sorry this is in the wrong thread ... :D:D Too late to edit to the Pop Club night.

Eric 06-03-2009 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 688639)
yeh need to get out more the Kings Hall (Flea Pit) was demolished oer 40 yrs ago.:D

Was this the laugh and scratch in Clayton? Near the Whalley Road bridge over the cut?:confused:

cashman 06-03-2009 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 689341)
Was this the laugh and scratch in Clayton? Near the Whalley Road bridge over the cut?:confused:

no mate accy centre, just round the corner from the old broadway traffic lights.:) they built lloyds bank there after, the kings hall had the "Central" billiard hall,below it.

Eric 06-03-2009 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 689342)
no mate accy centre, just round the corner from the old broadway traffic lights.:) they built lloyds bank there after, the kings hall had the "Central" billiard hall,below it.

Thanks bud ... now I remember:)

jaysay 06-03-2009 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 689231)
I know Cashy, but still suffering from post traumatic stress after all these years. :(

Do like the Burnley cinema a little better though, just the ambiance like.
Definitely a better night in the centre .. not sure why (used to be really rough) .. maybe because they have themed their pubs more .. dunno really.
Strange The Bridge gets busy in Accy ... can't get any rougher or dirtier than that .. so just atmosphere or summat.

Would love to see some lovely wine bars in the new proposed square, with small Bistros and outside covered areas with trellises and dangling vines where you could sit and have a drink in comfort.

Just the ambiance kate, you of all people should know that swearing ain't allowed on Accy Web:D:D:p