Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Whats happened to Accrington???? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/whats-happened-to-accrington-45968.html)

amanda73 02-03-2009 21:08

Whats happened to Accrington????

I grew up in this little town, as a child i would go with mum and dad shopping on a saturday...crossing the zebra crossing on broadway!! Shifters and the cinema...

Thursday nights at Lar de dars, sunday night starting off in Regency at 7, then late drinks in the Arcade bar...those were the days!!Even 5 years ago it was still busy but i went out last weekend and i was so shocked, apart from the Calder and Bridge, everywhere was dead!!

Whats a single girls supposed to do?? :confused:

5 years in sunnier clims and i can't believe how things have changed...maybe its just cause i am getting old!! lol:D

Royboy39 02-03-2009 21:18

Re: Whats happened to Accrington????

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda73 (Post 687911)
I grew up in this little town, as a child i would go with mum and dad shopping on a saturday...crossing the zebra crossing on broadway!! Shifters and the cinema...

Thursday nights at Lar de dars, sunday night starting off in Regency at 7, then late drinks in the Arcade bar...those were the days!!Even 5 years ago it was still busy but i went out last weekend and i was so shocked, apart from the Calder and Bridge, everywhere was dead!!

5 years in sunnier clims and i can't believe how things have changed...maybe its just cause i am getting old!! lol:D

That is one hell of a post.

You cant smoke, you cant sing, you cant drink and be merry as we used to do.....No dancing and you are not safe on the streets after dark....Hope this answers your question.:eek:

Lolly 02-03-2009 21:20

Burnley happened............ end of!:D

Royboy39 02-03-2009 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly (Post 687916)
Burnley happened............ end of!:D

Burnley happened to do what? :confused:

shakermaker 02-03-2009 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 687918)
Burnley happened to do what? :confused:

Burnley is simply a better night out.
There's little interest to make Accrington compete with Burnley in terms of both night life and shopping.

cmonstanley 02-03-2009 21:40

reasons i think it died was greed and stupidness...they put prices up and let any dick or harry in the pubs,no dress code,and most of them had dic++++ds on the doors who would just big it up with their mates and let them get away with murder do i go on?????

Royboy39 02-03-2009 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 687923)
Burnley is simply a better night out.
There's little interest to make Accrington compete with Burnley in terms of both night life and shopping.

Can they smoke...can they sing and are they safe?
Agree with the shopping bit but where do you you draw the line?
Please dont talk about football, thats hurts you more than it hurts me if you are a dingle. :)

magpie 02-03-2009 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda73 (Post 687911)

It went to sleep and never woke up .... or was that HBC

Royboy39 02-03-2009 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 687924)
reasons i think it died was greed and stupidness...they put prices up and let any dick or harry in the pubs,no dress code,and most of them had dic++++ds on the doors who would just big it up with their mates and let them get away with murder do i go on?????

Please do...what experiences have you had?

cashman 02-03-2009 23:10

Amanda, ive been saying that fer oer 20 years.:)

cherokee 02-03-2009 23:35

Accy has been dying off slowly for years and so has ossy.
Ossy used to be fantastic on a sunday night till a few years back then it went like a ghost town . Sounds like accy has done the same .

garinda 03-03-2009 00:06

I used to love coming up from London every month or so, and nightlife in Accy was buzzing.

Ok you might not bump into as many famous face up here, but it was cracking night out, especially Sunday.

It is rubbish now, and like others have said, give Burnley a try Amanda.

Better to spend money on a cab than watch the tumble weed blow down Church Street.:D

cashman 03-03-2009 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 687978)
I used to love coming up from London every month or so, and nightlife in Accy was buzzing.

Ok you might not bump into as many famous face up here, but it was cracking night out, especially Sunday.D

thats true i rarely go out nowadays.:D

K-P 03-03-2009 00:20

Just what accyweb needs..another thread slagging accrington off :(

I wasnt even born here and I am more proud of the place than most of you lot :(

cashman 03-03-2009 00:22

is telling someone the truth slagging off ? would you take yer missus fer a sat night out in town? i certainly wouldn't.