Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Are registered members frightening? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/are-registered-members-frightening-61366.html)

davemac 30-04-2012 21:40

Are registered members frightening?

At the time of composing this epistle there are 38 registered members online and 180 guests.
Thats 218 people browsing the site.

Why are these guests not inspired by the pearls of wisdom imparted by members then inspired to sign up, and also share the secrets that are given when you sign up?
The one flaw in this thread is that the guests wont be able to tell us, what do members think, are we scary?

Restless 30-04-2012 21:44

Re: Are registered members frightening?

Its all these Claytoners putting them off from posting. They can't understand, Is this an Accrington forum or a Clayton forum? :p

Hey I see Clayton has a new sign across from The Samuel Smith *cough* I mean The Greyhound...

Retlaw 30-04-2012 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988369)
At the time of composing this epistle there are 38 registered members online and 180 guests.

Why are these guests not inspired by the pearls of wisdom imparted by members then inspired to sign up, and also share the secrets that are given when you sign up?
The one flaw in this thread is that the guests wont be able to tell us, what do members think, are we scary?

We did have a facility at one time which showed a flag of the country these guests were from.
That no longer works, it used to be interesting.
There have been a few, made 1 or 2 posts, PM'd me about a soldier, never to be heard from again.
Retlaw.

davemac 30-04-2012 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 988372)
Its all these Claytoners putting them off from posting. They can't understand, Is this an Accrington forum or a Clayton forum? :p

Hey I see Clayton has a new sign across from The Samuel Smith *cough* I mean The Greyhound...

I would like to think its an international forum open, to all races, creeds and opinions.

There has always been a sign opposite the Greyhound, as that is the border into clayton, it used to say "Please knock and wait to be attended to" what does it say now.

DaveinGermany 30-04-2012 21:53

When you go to Sealife & walk through the tunnel with all the sharks, that's one thing, but actually getting into the tank ................ well ! :D

davemac 30-04-2012 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 988376)
We did have a facility at one time which showed a flag of the country these guests were from.
That no longer works, it used to be interesting.
There have been a few, made 1 or 2 posts, PM'd me about a soldier, never to be heard from again.
Retlaw.

There will always be those that come on for a reason then move on, also there are those that come on to make a name for themselves by trying to be outrageous and controversial then run out of steam.
There are always more guests online than registered members, why don't some of these sign up, if only to get the key for the executive toilets!

davemac 30-04-2012 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 988379)
When you go to Sealife & walk through the tunnel with all the sharks, that's one thing, but actually getting into the tank ................ well ! :D

Wonderful analogy, so are you saying that registered members are sharks? (just being the devils advocate)

MargaretR 30-04-2012 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988380)
There will always be those that come on for a reason then move on, also there are those that come on to make a name for themselves by trying to be outrageous and controversial then run out of steam.
There are always more guests online than registered members, why don't some of these sign up, if only to get the key for the executive toilets!

Some of the 'visitors' are cyber robots trawling for potential spam sites.

davemac 30-04-2012 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 988382)

That sounds scary enough to frighten the registered members.

They should go straight to this site it will save time www.spam.com

cashman 30-04-2012 22:04

Quote:

Thats what many of em are, so i was told yonks ago.

Restless 30-04-2012 22:04

I didn't get a close look. It used to just say Clayton now it is a large sign.

DaveinGermany 30-04-2012 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988381)
Wonderful analogy, so are you saying that registered members are sharks? (just being the devils advocate)

Your words not mine Maccer (advocate away) :D But to an extent I suppose so, there's all different types, some are aggressive others passive, then there are those that'll have a nip now & then. Other than that they just float about, doing what they do with the occasional feeding frenzy thrown in for good measure, but you've always got to keep an eye out for the fisherman's nets or the big hook of the angler. ;)

cashman 30-04-2012 22:10

I reckon on many sites that grow, yeh get quite a lot of younger uns joining n then after awhile vanish, fer varying reasons, get fed up, start courting, etc etc, hit the drink, all sorts of stuff, its called life.

davemac 30-04-2012 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 988387)
Your words not mine Maccer (advocate away) :D But to an extent I suppose so, there's all different types, some are aggressive others passive, then there are those that'll have a nip now & then. Other than that they just float about, doing what they do with the occasional feeding frenzy thrown in for good measure, but you've always got to keep an eye out for the fisherman's nets or the big hook of the angler. ;)

You forgot to mention those that just poo in the water then swin off.

DaveinGermany 30-04-2012 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988390)
You forgot to mention those that just poo in the water then swin off.

You only asked about sharks, Whale she-ite wasn't in the equation ...... until now. :eek:

davemac 30-04-2012 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 988389)
I reckon on many sites that grow, yeh get quite a lot of younger uns joining n then after awhile vanish, fer varying reasons, get fed up, start courting, etc etc, hit the drink, all sorts of stuff, its called life.

I understand the principle, its refered to as the "churn" factor, but just checked now and we have 23 registered and 172 guests. Thats over seven times more, why dont they join and then contribute? They would then be given all the accy web secrets

cashman 30-04-2012 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988395)
I understand the principle, its refered to as the "churn" factor, but just checked now and we have 23 registered and 172 guests. Thats over seven times more, why dont they join and then contribute? They would then be given all the accy web secrets

yeh always get a few that look,some fer yonks, but think most are what MargaretR said.;)

davemac 30-04-2012 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 988393)
You only asked about sharks, Whale she-ite wasn't in the equation ...... until now. :eek:

I didnt mention sharks you did, I said "dont mention the war"

accyman 01-05-2012 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 988386)
I didn't get a close look. It used to just say Clayton now it is a large sign.

D wing ?

Eric 01-05-2012 04:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 988389)

And then there are those like Jambutty ... I hear that when he left here to post on Blackburn Web, the average IQ of both sites jumped by quite a few points.:rolleyes:

Eric 01-05-2012 04:41

I think that the guests are a bunch of cheap hosers ... whenever I have guests, they bring beer.:dancedog: and something for Yoda:alright:

cashman 01-05-2012 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 988426)
And then there are those like Jambutty ... I hear that when he left here to post on Blackburn Web, the average IQ of both sites jumped by quite a few points.:rolleyes:

I hear he left Blackburn Web n not by choice.:D

Eric 01-05-2012 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 988430)
I hear he left Blackburn Web n not by choice.:D

Ah ... kinda like how you and I used to leave public houses:cool:;)

mobertol 01-05-2012 08:06

There are 2 "guests" watching now, Eric as well as you and me -i wonder who they are?

What can we do to entertain them I wonder...and get them to dip their toes into the pool!

Come in the waters lovely;):D

jaysay 01-05-2012 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 988435)
Ah ... kinda like how you and I used to leave public houses:cool:;)

Na Eric wasn't so ceremoniously mate:D

jaysay 01-05-2012 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 988420)
D wing ?

Don't you mead "C" wing accyman:rolleyes:

jaysay 01-05-2012 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 988439)
There are 2 "guests" watching now, Eric as well as you and me -i wonder who they are?

What can we do to entertain them I wonder...and get them to dip their toes into the pool!

Its the same on nearly every one of this type of site mobertol, at the moment these easy loan firms are targeting another web site I use, although about 6 or 7 have become members, they haven't posted yet, can't understand what the point is really, the first post will be reported spam and they'll be gone

Neil 01-05-2012 08:38

Quote:

I can see more info about the guests and most are search engine robots indexing the site so it shows up in google etc searches

Wynonie Harris 01-05-2012 08:42

Some of the "watchers" are alien fire extinguishers and pillar boxes monitoring our movements before they start the invasion.

Believe me, it's true! :s_oooo:

davemac 01-05-2012 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 988446)
Some of the "watchers" are alien fire extinguishers and pillar boxes monitoring our movements before they start the invasion.

Believe me, it's true! :s_oooo:

But what about the Traffic Clones, not traffic cones, thats cones for traffic.:silly:

jaysay 01-05-2012 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988463)
But what about the Traffic Clones, not traffic cones, thats cones for traffic.:silly:

Oh no!!!!!!!!! another thread heading for "anything goes":do-one:

davemac 01-05-2012 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 988444)
I can see more info about the guests and most are search engine robots indexing the site so it shows up in google etc searches

I bow to your wisdom, but at the time of this post there are 23 registered users and 180 guests using the entire site. This does seem to be a high number of guests, and I don't think they are all search bots, as you are the keeper of the secrets how many of this number would be real people?

davemac 01-05-2012 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 988465)
Oh no!!!!!!!!! another thread heading for "anything goes":do-one:

Its already been moved, I originaly posted this in general chat, now its in questions and answers, apparently if you get your thread moved three times you qualify for a free fondue set.

jaysay 01-05-2012 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988469)
Its already been moved, I originaly posted this in general chat, now its in questions and answers, apparently if you get your thread moved three times you qualify for a free fondue set.

Or those three little words under your name, I am Banned:rolleyes:

davemac 01-05-2012 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 988471)
Or those three little words under your name, I am Banned:rolleyes:

Thats a thought, something to aspire to then. Thing is though, if I get banned, who will take over as the village idiot........I will be taking nominations just in case.....so suggestions please written on a £5 note and forwarded to the administrators office

DaveinGermany 01-05-2012 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988497)
Thing is though, if I get banned, who will take over as the village idiot.......

Decisions, decisions, from a cast of many ......... ! :D

davemac 01-05-2012 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 988499)
Decisions, decisions, from a cast of many ......... ! :D

I am starting a list if you have some nominations, if you don't want to name out loud, you can either type in invisible ink, or disconnect the keyboard from the computer then type them and then plug it back in again.

As you can see I am well suited to the job.

kestrelx 01-05-2012 11:58

Quote:

I heard that Less is one of those, Accy's answer to Blade Runner...:rolleyes:

susie123 01-05-2012 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988369)

Only just caught up with this thread. The thing that iintrigues me is Accyweb has almost 23,000 members and yet the majority of them have posted less than ten times each since they joined, if you look at a sample few pages from the members list (no sorry I haven't been through all 105 pages to check my facts). I wonder why they joined in the first place? They could probably just have been guests and not bothered posting at all.

Neil 01-05-2012 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988468)
I bow to your wisdom, but at the time of this post there are 23 registered users and 180 guests using the entire site. This does seem to be a high number of guests, and I don't think they are all search bots, as you are the keeper of the secrets how many of this number would be real people?

I just looked and most are bots at the moment - at least 75%

davemac 01-05-2012 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 988503)
Only just caught up with this thread. The thing that iintrigues me is Accyweb has almost 23,000 members and yet the majority of them have posted less than ten times each since they joined, if you look at a sample few pages from the members list (no sorry I haven't been through all 105 pages to check my facts). I wonder why they joined in the first place? They could probably just have been guests and not bothered posting at all.

Just had a look at the list and yes you are correct, I only checked the first page the one with a # at the start, got to the bottom of the page and found a hypnotist was registered, next I remember I woke up in my pajamas in the back garden.

It was the disparity from registered members and guests online that got me started, earlier there was 23 members online and 180 guests.

Studio25 01-05-2012 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 988503)
...I wonder why they joined in the first place?

They probably got hounded out, or fed up with the vitriol that surfaces on a regular basis...

Margaret Pilkington 01-05-2012 12:44

I think it could be a bit scary being a newbie on here(it really depends on your constitution...your ability to bite back, but gently :)).
It has been said in many other threads that sometimes new members come here with the wrong attitude(I'm not entirely sure 'attitude' is quite the right word)...they encounter some flak and then spit the dummy and are never heard of again.

Some members (and they know who they are) use Accyweb as a cheaper version of E-bay.....they only come on when they want to offload something.....sell a phone or what have you. Invariably, these people do not contribute to the site...either by way of funds, or by posting.

I can remember coming here a long time ago and being in awe of some of the longstanding members....and I stood back for a good while getting the 'feel' of the place before posting.
It is by far the most interesting and varied forum(bar none) and it is the core of regular posters who make it like this.

cashman 01-05-2012 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 988512)
They probably got hounded out, or fed up with the vitriol that surfaces on a regular basis...

Heres another of those less was referring too in the other thread.:rolleyes: in my opinion.

Wynonie Harris 01-05-2012 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 988512)
They probably got hounded out , or fed up with the vitriol that surfaces on a regular basis...

Here we go again, it's that nasty clique (or click if you're semi-literate) driving people away. If you don't like it, go join another local forum where everyone's nicey-nice to each other...and watch the tumbleweed roll across the screen.

The fact that Accyweb is far more popular, lively and well-patronised than many other forums from larger towns is a testimony to its own success.

I've said it before, but Accyweb is one on its own...it's slightly eccentric, left-field, off the wall and, yes, sometimes vitriolic and all the better for it. In fact, it's a fitting reflection of its regular members, some of whom appear to have arrived from another planet!

If you want a normal forum, go elsewhere! ;)

susie123 01-05-2012 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 988513)
I think it could be a bit scary being a newbie on here(it really depends on your constitution...your ability to bite back, but gently :)).
It has been said in many other threads that sometimes new members come here with the wrong attitude(I'm not entirely sure 'attitude' is quite the right word)...they encounter some flak and then spit the dummy and are never heard of again.
I can remember coming here a long time ago and being in awe of some of the longstanding members....and I stood back for a good while getting the 'feel' of the place before posting.
It is by far the most interesting and varied forum(bar none) and it is the core of regular posters who make it like this.

I spent a few weeks as an observer before registering and jumped right in with both feet with a very long post about my childhood in Accy, thoughts I had been mulling over for some time and wanted to get down in words. I didn't even know there was an "introduce yourself" section !

I was overwhelmed with the good reception my thread received and was made to feel very welcome by many people. Similarly when I posted about my illness a few months people were so very supportive. I guess I must have struck a chord with some folks and they feel like a family now... and as with most families there are ups and downs and some people who get on your nerves but all in all it's been a very good experience for me and helped me through some hard times.

It may be my attitude that has helped me get along so well here but it's also the thought of a community out there who are very caring about someone they may never meet. Is there a cure for this addiction? I hope not!

mobertol 01-05-2012 15:07

I joined to play the daily quiz against my mum -then found it was interesting to "talk" to Accywebbers -better company than my cats as they answer back and can often make you laugh. As a newbie some people come across as a bit strident -I had an early run-in with Less (as many do!) but you do get a feel for what people are like over time and begin to understand how they tick and what their "bug-bears" are and their sense of humour. I really miss the lanky sense of humour -and no-one gets me over here in Italy, they just think the British are a sarky lot and get offended! There are such a range of opinions to be shared and things to be learned from others and that's what keeps it interesting.
Some have come and gone - who could forget "Groove" or "The Cardinal" -whatever happened to him I wonder -I always had a feeling it was A-B dressed in red!
That's a funny thing too -you have an idea in your mind about how people are in "real-life" and having met a few Accywebbers now i can say that that they have been pretty much as i imagined them so far -with the odd exception, won't say who!;)
I have seen that in the past they used to have fairly regular local meets and social evenings, which seem to be much less frequent now -seems like a shame. I do know that some meet regularly in the Railway pub on a Saturday morning in town -wish I'd had the courage to drop in when i was around recently but I've never been into a pub on my own:o -maybe next time and then i can confirm what I've been told, that Less is actually really quite nice...

kestrelx 01-05-2012 15:49

Yeh registered members are - Internet can bring out some nasty tongues! :rolleyes: Ref: red Karma dished out from my post made on this thread...

DaveinGermany 01-05-2012 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 988542)
Yeh registered members are - Internet can bring out some nasty tongues! :rolleyes: Ref: red Karma dished out from my post made on this thread...

Mate, don't go there !!! Just let it ride eh ? Because I for one certainly don't want this thread to go the same way as some others have. Pebble on a beach fella, pebble on a beach, washing back & forth with the flow, taking life as it comes. :)

claytonx 01-05-2012 16:22

Maybe it's Joke of the Day frighting them?
As Dave says take as it comes.

Eric 01-05-2012 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 988546)
Mate, don't go there !!! Just let it ride eh ? Because I for one certainly don't want this thread to go the same way as some others have. Pebble on a beach fella, pebble on a beach, washing back & forth with the flow, taking life as it comes. :)

"Just let it ride eh":eek: ... you spent too long in god's country, bud ... right down to the "eh", eh.;)

Let it ride, eh:

Bachman - Turner Overdrive - Let It Ride - YouTube

BTO ... great Canadian band, eh.:alright:

Oh ... and don't Bogart that joint ... pass it over:cool:

davemac 01-05-2012 16:39

I see the bird brain has posted on here with the bile he spreads on other threads, he is a one theme poster. This post was instigated to have a discussion about getting new members. The bird brain is on my ignore list and I only get to read what he says if someone quotes him, I haven't read his posts for a while, but they remain the same nasty rage against the world.
Sorry to go off topic but I resent the spoilers posted by the drug gang, and just watch, more will follow!

DaveinGermany 01-05-2012 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 988550)
"Just let it ride eh":eek: ... you spent too long in god's country, bud ... right down to the "eh", eh.;) BTO ... great Canadian band, eh.:alright::cool:

Actually, with hindsight not long enough Eric. But who knows ? Maybe one day I'll get back across. :)

As to BTO, not really heard much of their stuff so can't really say.

davemac 01-05-2012 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 988508)

Have you asked these bots if they would like to join?

sm_counsell 01-05-2012 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 988524)
I spent a few weeks as an observer before registering and jumped right in with both feet with a very long post about my childhood in Accy, thoughts I had been mulling over for some time and wanted to get down in words. I didn't even know there was an "introduce yourself" section !

I was overwhelmed with the good reception my thread received and was made to feel very welcome by many people. Similarly when I posted about my illness a few months people were so very supportive. I guess I must have struck a chord with some folks and they feel like a family now... and as with most families there are ups and downs and some people who get on your nerves but all in all it's been a very good experience for me and helped me through some hard times.

It may be my attitude that has helped me get along so well here but it's also the thought of a community out there who are very caring about someone they may never meet. Is there a cure for this addiction? I hope not!

I agree with you Susie, I too never introduced myself and it took me ages to get the hang of the forum. I think I couldn't do without it now although often when I haven't much time, I just take a quick look at what's on without registering, so I probably appears a one of those guests!!. I think it's probably a bit of shyness for some people or perhaps many just don't understand Cashman when he uses pure dialect ( I love it personally)!!

jaysay 01-05-2012 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988552)
I see the bird brain has posted on here with the bile he spreads on other threads, he is a one theme poster. This post was instigated to have a discussion about getting new members. The bird brain is on my ignore list and I only get to read what he says if someone quotes him, I haven't read his posts for a while, but they remain the same nasty rage against the world.
Sorry to go off topic but I resent the spoilers posted by the drug gang, and just watch, more will follow!

I've done exactly the same Dave, no need to read drugies now thank god, should have done it a while ago

jaysay 01-05-2012 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988555)
Have you asked these bots if they would like to join?

That's a bit like asking the Canal Fire extinguisher to join Dave:D

Less 01-05-2012 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 988439)

It doesn't matter what you do, people that want to join in, join in.
The rest, well, the rest, I just hope they can click on the ad's without logging in.
It will keep the site open for the rest of us.

Eric 01-05-2012 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 988563)

Come to think of it .... that's not a bad idea;)

jaysay 01-05-2012 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 988580)
Come to think of it .... that's not a bad idea;)

Could make it an honorary member Eric:rolleyes:

Retlaw 01-05-2012 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 988508)

Since you posted this, I've logged on 3 times just to check, and each time all those so called guests have joined just minutes before I logged on, bit strange that, some appear to be viewing genuine threads, about Accy.
Retlaw

davemac 01-05-2012 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 988563)

I think you have come onto the wrong thread for that, by the way things have taken a turn for the worse on that thread

kestrelx 02-05-2012 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988552)

Glad you put me on your ignore list as I had no intention of contacting you anyway, so why bother?

There have been some nasty people on this forum - who have been nasty to me and caused deliberate friction - one being a certain Garinda! Who is on my "ignore" list - as he has been trolling!

I thought forums were places to discuss serious issues - not just pat your mates on the back to get high Karma scores as seems to be what occurs here! I know my 278 points in the green will soon become red, such is the nature of things...

AccyChris 02-05-2012 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 988761)
Glad you put me on your ignore list as I had no intention of contacting you anyway, so why bother?

There have been some nasty people on this forum - who have been nasty to me and caused deliberate friction - one being a certain Garinda! Who is on my "ignore" list - as he has been trolling!

I thought forums were places to discuss serious issues - not just pat your mates on the back to get high Karma scores as seems to be what occurs here! I know my 278 points in the green will soon become red, such is the nature of things...

i'm in the green....awaits the red ;)

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2012 12:33

It is sad that both of you are much more concerned about the issue of Karma rather than what the thread is actually about......the persecution issue also reflects an immature viewpoint.

Can't you both just accept that you are never going to be flavour of the month with some forum members and move on??

These are just my opinions...my own viewpoint.

***Mr D*** 02-05-2012 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 988521)
Here we go again, it's that nasty clique (or click if you're semi-literate) driving people away. If you don't like it, go join another local forum where everyone's nicey-nice to each other...and watch the tumbleweed roll across the screen.

The fact that Accyweb is far more popular, lively and well-patronised than many other forums from larger towns is a testimony to its own success.

I've said it before, but Accyweb is one on its own...it's slightly eccentric, left-field, off the wall and, yes, sometimes vitriolic and all the better for it. In fact, it's a fitting reflection of its regular members, some of whom appear to have arrived from another planet!

If you want a normal forum, go elsewhere! ;)

You must admit though Wynonie, you are always on of the first to get so defensive if anyone mentions or even if they don't mention Clique / Click.

Sorry Im not up to your standards of literacy.:rolleyes:

Back on topic, most guests will be as already said Bots.

Chris, Kes, I cant believe your in the green. How much did you both pay.:D

davemac 02-05-2012 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 988807)
It is sad that both of you are much more concerned about the issue of Karma rather than what the thread is actually about......the persecution issue also reflects an immature viewpoint.

Can't you both just accept that you are never going to be flavour of the month with some forum members and move on??

These are just my opinions...my own viewpoint.

These two are on my ignore list so I only get to see responses from them if they are quoted or referred to, but when I do its always the same trolling.

This behaviour keeps the guests from signing up, and the regular members off the site, which gets us back on topic.

AccyChris 02-05-2012 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 988809)
You must admit though Wynonie, you are always on of the first to get so defensive if anyone mentions or even if they don't mention Clique / Click.

Sorry Im not up to your standards of literacy.:rolleyes:

Back on topic, most guests will be as already said Bots.

Chris, Kes, I cant believe your in the green. How much did you both pay.:D

i know it cost me 20ish green karma to get in the over 18's bit of this forum
thanks for that Mr mod very adult of you :rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 02-05-2012 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 988809)

Just fed up of a small minority of members continually whinging about this, that and the other on Accyweb.

If you dislike this forum so much, go and join another one. Simple as.

AccyChris 02-05-2012 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 988818)
These two are on my ignore list so I only get to see responses from them if they are quoted or referred to, but when I do its always the same trolling.

This behaviour keeps the guests from signing up, and the regular members off the site, which gets us back on topic.

maybe new members are scared of being the subject of a online witch hunt from certain registered members which also puts us back on topic :rolleyes:

Restless 02-05-2012 15:43

perhaps they have been scared off by fire extinguishers and cloning cones

AccyChris 02-05-2012 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyChris (Post 988856)
i know it cost me 20ish green karma to get in the over 18's bit of this forum
thanks for that Mr mod very adult of you :rolleyes:

i stand corrected Mr mod says over 18s bit is private and have red karma for your troubles....very adult/clicky :rolleyes:

Eric 02-05-2012 16:23

Registered members are not the least bit frightening ... nor intimidating. Some are crusty and grumpy; some are opinionated and predictable; some are pleasant and helpful; some are short:hidewall: If, on reading through the threads, some decide not to jump in and make their mark ... well, that's their choice. I don't think that those on this forum should change in order to accomodate potential members. The dog wags the tail, not the other way around.:dancedog:

Wynonie Harris 02-05-2012 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 988869)
I don't think that those on this forum should change in order to accomodate potential members. The dog wags the tail, not the other way around.:dancedog:

Nail - head - hit. ;)

jaysay 02-05-2012 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 988891)
Nail - head - hit. ;)

Ya Wyn others keep hitting their fingers:rolleyes:

***Mr D*** 02-05-2012 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 988857)
Just fed up of a small minority of members continually whinging about this, that and the other on Accyweb.

That's what makes accy web, and I disagree its not a small minority winging about this that and t'other its the majority.:D

Just because you quoted me and you quote "if you dislike this forum" I have never said I dislike this forum.

Wynonie Harris 02-05-2012 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 988895)
That's what makes accy web, and I disagree its not a small minority winging about this that and t'other its the majority.:D

Just because you quoted me and you quote "if you dislike this forum" I have never said I dislike this forum.

The majority of people on here may whinge about the government, the council, the weather and a variety of other things. They don't whinge about Accyweb - if they were so unhappy with it, they just wouldn't come on here. The whinging about the forum, its members, its karma system etc comes from a small minority like you, Kestrel X and one or two others who feel that Accyweb should change to suit you.

Well, tough, Accyweb isn't going to change, it's going to carry on just the way it is - as one of the most successful local forums in the area. If you can't accept that, go join Blackburnweb!

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2012 18:39

so you consider the majority of the members to be whingers...have I got that right?
Why would you visit a site where you considered the majority of the posters to be whingers?
I'm not being fly...I am just interested in your response.

jaysay 02-05-2012 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 988902)
The majority of people on here may whinge about the government, the council, the weather and a variety of other things. They don't whinge about Accyweb - if they were so unhappy with it, they just wouldn't come on here. The whinging about the forum, its members, its karma system etc comes from a small minority like you, Kestrel X and one or two others who feel that Accyweb should change to suit you.

Well, tough, Accyweb isn't going to change, it's going to carry on just the way it is - as one of the most successful local forums in the area. If you can't accept that, go join Blackburnweb!

Sod of Wyn Southampton web would be better:hothothot

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2012 18:43

I don't think the forum members are whingers...but of course you are entitled to that opinion.
I come to Accyweb because it is the best forum bar none. I don't always agree with what other people post, but I recognise that this world is full of opinions that don't coincide with mine.......I can live with that....and I can accept that though I may not agree with an opinion of another poster...they are entitled to have that opinion.

It would be a very boring old world if we all subscribed to the same views.

cashman 02-05-2012 18:51

Some just sulk if there viewpoint is disagreed wi, Well tough titty.:rolleyes:

***Mr D*** 02-05-2012 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 988857)

You original quote - winging about this, that and t'other ON Accyweb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 988895)

Note the smiley face.

Quote:

I see you agree, did I mention winging about Accyweb? Can you show me a winging post about either of the above that I have posted? When have I said I want Accyweb to change to suit me.

To be honest Accyweb is a quiet forum, I do frequent a good few others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 988903)
so you consider the majority of the members to be whingers...have I got that right?
Why would you visit a site where you considered the majority of the posters to be whingers?
I'm not being fly...I am just interested in your response.

I see you also missed the smiley face, but yes a good lot of people moan, winge, ect including myself its what makes a forum.

I visit Accyweb because I wish to not by force, I didn't say I don't like wingers.:D

jaysay 02-05-2012 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 988923)

Note the smiley face.

I see you agree, did I mention winging about Accyweb? Can you show me a winging post about either of the above that I have posted? When have I said I want Accyweb to change to suit me.

I see you also missed the smiley face, but yes a good lot of people moan, winge, ect including myself its what makes a forum.

I visit Accyweb because I wish to not by force, I didn't say I don't like wingers.:D

Wingers Stanley have a couple of them:D

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2012 19:14

Hmmm....a smiley face. That is (in my book) something that you add to the mix when you have said something you think will not go down too well. And(again - in my book) it never moderates the sentiments expressed. Yes...I know, I am a cynical old burger. I make no apologies for this...it has taken me a long time to get to this stage of cynicism.

Wynonie Harris 02-05-2012 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 988923)

Note the smiley face.

Here we go again - more word twisting and pendantry. You know perfectly well that I was talking about people whinging about this, that and the other concerning the subject of Accyweb, its members, karma system etc, but you deliberately chose to misinterpret it. No matter.

As for YOU not whinging about Accyweb members and its karma system, let's look at a recent quote of yours...

Yes the usual characters are out with the insults as usual, all be it in the own cleaver little way scoring that extra Karma from there Karma buddies or fellow members of the Click.

Wonder why we dont see many new members posting anymore

Hmmm...seems pretty critical to me.

Incidentally, as you seem to be an expert on the subject of "wingers" could you suggest a few names that I could pass them on to our manager for next season? ;)

kestrelx 02-05-2012 19:27

Quote:

The issue is that I have seen some newcomers post here and instantly the dogs are out (Less, Jaysay, Cashman) who's remarks drive any newcomers away, unless they have a thick skin- so yes it's true the topic of this thread is fact.

There always seems to be the same names posting regularly and no new names seem to join in.
If the truth hurts then so be it!

kestrelx 02-05-2012 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 988945)
The issue is that I have seen some newcomers post here and instantly the dogs are out (Less, Jaysay, Cashman) who's remarks drive any newcomers away, unless they have a thick skin- so yes it's true the topic of this thread is fact.

There always seems to be the same names posting regularly and no new names seem to join in.

I just noticed this...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post988875

A new comer deleted his only post! lol :D

Wynonie Harris 02-05-2012 19:40

Quote:

The only time "the dogs are out" are you put it, is when somebody arrives on here and deliberately tries to make a name for themselves by being controversial or lecturing us on how Accyweb should be run.

As for "the truth hurting", it doesn't hurt anybody on here. You're obviously not happy with Accyweb, but it's not going to change just for the sake of you and a few others, so go find another forum that suits your needs.

Wynonie Harris 02-05-2012 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 988947)
I just noticed this...

The guy's a Crawley fan. He's actually made four posts (although you obviously can't count) asking about our team and places to eat and drink when he comes up on Saturday. He's been responded to in a friendly fashion, along with a little bit of banter, and doubtless he will post again.

Try again... :rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 02-05-2012 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 988947)
I just noticed this...

This guy who Kestrelx reckons has "deleted his only post" has just posted this:

Nice replies guys :D .
It's nice to mix humour with football. Too many forget to do that.

Doubtless, the "heavy mob" will be along to rough him up shortly! :D

cashman 02-05-2012 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 988955)
This guy who Kestrelx reckons has "deleted his only post" has just posted this:

Nice replies guys :D .
It's nice to mix humour with football. Too many forget to do that.

Doubtless, the "heavy mob" will be along to rough him up shortly! :D

Oh ignore him, just a numpty trying hard to be clever.:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 02-05-2012 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 988963)

After the prat he's just made of himself, he'll have to try harder...a lot harder! :D

Eric 02-05-2012 20:30

Ok ... the old site, and its even older registered members, has come in for a whole bunch of criticism. For those bitchin' the most, is there anything that you like about it? And if there isn't, then there is another question begging for a response.

There's lots about me, for example, that doesn't sit well with many regular posters. I'm a socialist; I'm opposed to capital punishment; I don't hold with simplistic, right-wing economic theories; I believe that climate change is taking place and has replaced the threat of a nuclear exchange as the world's major problem. I prefer cats and dogs to humans. I don't support Stanley;) Oh, and the Daily Mail is third-rate asswipe:alright: But I still put forward my opinions ... and when I'm not doing that, I'll post about ducks, and penguins and fire extinguishers.:dancedog:

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2012 20:32

Quote:

We were all new once........and I know it is a long time since I joined, but I do not remember getting a tough time of it.
I have been a fairly regular poster and have seen people come and go......they come because something interests them.....maybe they are doing family research and once that is done they find no reason to come back....others come because they enjoy the banter.
No member is bigger than the forum...or more important.
There is no clique, no Mafia......just bona fide members who post to threads that they find interesting.......and that's the truth.

kestrelx 02-05-2012 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 988963)

That was a joke by the way, about this guy deleting his post! But I have seen posts by someone I've not seen before and they were slagged down immiediately by long time users such as Garinda :mad: - Sorry I didn't take a note of the time and date but it happened! I assure you! From it I got the impression that newbies are driven away...

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2012 21:10

These people haven't driven you away.....so it must be to do with the kind of people they(the newbies) are.......you mention three people who you consider to be the three stooges......but accyweb consists of many more than these people(most of whom are moderate in their treatment of all members).
Not everyone has the same experience of the people who you consider to be harsh and aggressive.

Wynonie Harris 02-05-2012 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 988982)
That was a joke by the way, about this guy deleting his post! But I have seen posts by someone I've not seen before and they were slagged down immiediately by long time users such as Garinda :mad: - Sorry I didn't take a note of the time and date but it happened! I assure you! From it I got the impression that newbies are driven away...

Yeah , yeah, yeah, of course it was a joke, Kestrelx, we believe you. :rolleyes: Once again I ask, if you're so unhappy with this forum, why stay? It isn't going to change, of that be assured!

kestrelx 02-05-2012 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 988985)
Yeah , yeah, yeah, of course it was a joke, Kestrelx, we believe you. :rolleyes: Once again I ask, if you're so unhappy with this forum, why stay? It isn't going to change, of that be assured!

Look at the title of this thread! It asks a question and I have stated that the answer is Yes - and I have seen it happen. Case closed.:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 02-05-2012 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 988987)
Look at the title of this thread! It asks a question and I have stated that the answer is Yes - and I have seen it happen. Case closed.:rolleyes:

Case closed because you've decided it's a fact and no one else's opinion counts? Typical pendantic drivel from you. You're forever whinging about various aspects of Accyweb. If you don't like it, why don't you clear off to another forum or do you take some peverse pleasure from continually moaning?

AccyChris 02-05-2012 21:36

thanks for the Karma and childish comments guys you've out done yourselfs :do-one: