Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2008, 13:59   #1
God Member

Anyone got a child going to school this time?

Are ya nervous?
Do ya think they'll like it?
What do ya think of their teacher?
Looking forward to the freedom, or is it work as normal?

My youngest starts this time and I'm not too sure how he is gonna take it!
At the moment he tells me he aint going
Think maybe after he has started tho, he will love it
He says he won't like it cos a lad from nursery he gets on really well with,
is a year younger than him so he won't be there
He doesn't think he will have any other friends! Awww
He of course wants to be in his sisters class and says "but I'll never see her!"

I of course am gonna be heart broken on his 1st day!
Even if he is only there for about 2 hours! lol
It's another massive milestone in his life! And mine!

Can't remember how I felt or what it was like when my daughter started

Whats the odds that he'll run into school on that 1st day,
never give me a 2nd thought and love every minute of it!
Thats what I'm hoping for anyway!

A picture I managed to get when we were trying his uniform on!
He weren't happy lol
Old 23-08-2008, 15:26   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Anyone got a child going to school this time?

Jacks starting nursery early September-he really cant wait and keeps on about it (although im not sure he realises he has to go everyday).
Me on the other hand.......well im not so sure im glad because he will have more friends his own age to play with but on the other hand i know the teacher wont do the silly little things i do for him (like pat his back every time he coughs even if the coughing fit is over).
It will also give me a chance to do some voluntary work to lead me to full-time work when he goes to big-school (not even gona start thinking about that!).
BUT the worst thing about it all is.......knowing my worrying is going to be about nothing!

How old is your lad accylass?

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 15:31   #3
Senior Member+

Ty has 2 'first' days at school, his first day in reception and then his first day of his new school when we moved over here..... i cried

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 15:58   #4
God Member

My lad is 4 Miss Kitty
Old 23-08-2008, 16:18   #5
God Member

Reece will be having his 'first day' at secondary school in September, i know its not quite the same as your lil un Chelle but its still a big thing to me, i'll be taking him on his first day and i'm sure i'll cry a tear or two
Old 23-08-2008, 16:18   #6
Senior Member+

Will he be 5 when he starts school?
With Jack being my first and only child im confused about how the school (age) system works.....some people say it the first term after their 5th birthday they start n others have said it depends when the childs birthday is.......???

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 16:21   #7
God Member

a school year runs from September to July, Reece was 5 when he started with his birthday being September 11th

they generally take the kids from being 4 providing they are 4 before the 31st of August BUT someone did tell me once that you dont have to by law send your child to school until they turn 5
Old 23-08-2008, 16:30   #8
Resting in Peace

Lovely post Accylass - he does look a little unsure doesn't he...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 16:33   #9
God Member

my youngest goes to school this year and it destroys my midweek contact which has been good for days out to blackpool and various day trips but i am getting him extra at the weekend so it pans out even, im going to see him off on his first day at school as i dont want to miss that and think its one of those important milestones in a persons life that will always be remebered

on the other hand no kids during the week now until they get older and start making their own way to my house which will no doubt be for money lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 17:32   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
a school year runs from September to July, Reece was 5 when he started with his birthday being September 11th

they generally take the kids from being 4 providing they are 4 before the 31st of August BUT someone did tell me once that you dont have to by law send your child to school until they turn 5
A school year does run from Sept to July.

Children whose birthdays are between 1st Sept 2003 to 31st Aug 2004 will start school this Sept 08

This means that some children will be nearly 5 like your son, Flashy and some children with August birthdays like my daughter will have only just turned 4 when they start school.

Are you sure that Reece had actually turned 5 when he started?

School usually starts in the first few days of Sept....was it late that year?
Old 23-08-2008, 17:37   #11

Mines doing another year part time but attached to school. He'll be 5 minus 3 weeks when he starts full time.

He started part time in January and loves it madly. Its part of the actual school as well so buying his pe kit etc amused me no end. Apparently he gets homework this year and he's just started writing his own name during these hols so am very chuffed lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 18:20   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Are you sure that Reece had actually turned 5 when he started?
?

lol yes i'm absolutely positive, they stagger the intake of new children at Intack and Reece started school on September 14th 2001, 3 days after his 5th birthday....3 days after the September 11th tragedies (which happened on Reece's 5th birthday)
Old 24-08-2008, 08:51   #13
God Member

Miss Kitty, Rhys will turn 5 in Feb as he starts in September

Flashy, thats definitely a big one and I'm sure ya be more nervous than he will!! HE got friends that are going there??

Yeah Katex, hopefully he'll change his mind before he goes, I really don't want him crying on his 1st day, It'll break my heart!

Accyman, they'll want to be spoilt more at the weekend seen as ya not seeing em during the week lol
Old 24-08-2008, 10:15   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lol yes i'm absolutely positive, they stagger the intake of new children at Intack and Reece started school on September 14th 2001, 3 days after his 5th birthday....3 days after the September 11th tragedies (which happened on Reece's 5th birthday)
Ahh right....staggered intake, that explains it.
Old 25-08-2008, 18:25   #15
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

When my son started he was ok, BUT 2 weeks later, he didnt want to go anymore....(this was in nursery by the way), well what did he do?, he screamed!!....he 7 now and doesnt mind it...thank god!!

I think its called separation anxiety

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..