Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2006, 21:50   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Clayton le Moors - Preston

we live in clayton ( a nice bit !) and my wife works in preston - on a quiet day when the schools are off and the motorway is empty - 25 mins - on a busy day at rush morning traffic - 35- 40 mins max to preston.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2006, 00:47   #17
Resting in Peace

as others have siad depends on
1/ where in clayton house is
2/ where in preston you work

as I sometimes have to go into preston there are more ways in than you think sometimes if going via bamber bridge i go to end of m65 and into preston that way my average time may well be shorter than most as i'd be using my blues and twos lol
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 21:14   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thindle
Oswaldtwistle's better still. I came in 66 The year England won the World Cup, and I'm still here I couldn't live anywhere else. And I was born in Clayton.
People say that once you leave Ossy you always come back.I 'm not leaving at all.:engsmil:
I left ossy after the last meet. I haven't been back yet. Although I was in clayton and accy last wednesday.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006, 21:06   #19
God Member

I moved from Preston to Clayton and made the trip back regularly.. Allow 45 mins just in case.. Thats should be max either way. I am now in Accy...

C-L-M is a world apart from Preston, Personally I wouldnt go back to Preston for all the tea in China and the only thing I miss is a game of Don.. no one plays it here it seems.

Forts Arms was brill then. John and Anita (spello) best hosts ever...
Old 08-04-2006, 13:59   #20

most of clayton is full of harrid teens with socks pulled up and trackies tucked in, and girls who look like vicki pollard ! I cant wait to get out of here
markinaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 14:10   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by markinaccy
most of clayton is full of harrid teens with socks pulled up and trackies tucked in, and girls who look like vicki pollard ! I cant wait to get out of here
Don't you just love it when people generalise like this Stirs everybody up .. whose Vicky Pollard ?

What do you think you look like Mark ?? Out of curiosity, of course.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:59   #22
Resting in Peace

Ok ... yeh, get it. Little Britain.

So come on Mark, You 'aint answered my question of how you see yourself ??
And how would you like to see the lads and lasses dressed in your Utopia ?

Where do you think your ideal place is ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..