Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2004, 21:50   #1
bev

Clayton le Moors - Preston

How far away in rough miles and time is Clayton le Moors from Preston? I am currently looking to move and have seen some nice properties in that area, but I work in Preston. Having no idea where Clayton le Moors actually is I would be grateful for your help as I don't want to set my heart on buying one of the properties I have seen if it isn't practical for me to move their. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-01-2004, 09:15   #2
Senior Member+

Approximately 15 or 16 miles bev.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:34   #3
mez
God Member

take you bout half an hour in peak time
Old 10-01-2004, 10:39   #4

Hi bev and welcome to accyweb. I have just had a quick look on Autoroute, and the journey if you take the m6/m65 route is 19 miles and should take about 25 mins. You can also take the a59 option which is only 15 miles but takes 30 mins or more depending on trafic. I live close to clayton (when i'm at home) and go to preston regular using these routes.
Hope that helps a little, happy house hunting

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:37   #5
Senior Member+

wow you lot drive slowly.I did Accy Lytham St. Annes in an hour and 20 back in August.Speeding oh! aye.Well i mean i do not live there anymore LOL!Clayton is a nice place.Wife comes from there.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:19   #6
mez
God Member

hey mik wot took you so long i do it in 45 mins
Old 11-01-2004, 10:49   #7
God Member

Clayton-Lre -Moors? I'd rather live in Baghdad.....move to Church instead..it's much nicer..
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 15:04   #8
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Depends where in Preston you live, but I do the Accy/Clayton - Preston run quite regularly and it takes about 30 mins (not speeding) The most time consuming bit is getting through the centre of Preston at peak times, it definately adds time to the journey, but if you have no need to travel through the centre, it's a quick and easy journey.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2004, 08:34   #9
Senior Member+

Mez do not forget that my steering wheel is on the other side in comparison to yours.Any way i was glad to be able to use the motorway system up North.Fantastic.So much has changed as to when i lived there 22.5 years ago.When i first went back i needed a guide to go arouns Accy.I left when the arndale centre was a parking lot
Old 18-01-2004, 11:48   #10
mez
God Member

oo im sorry mik, i must remember i was like that when i moved back from wales, it took me 3 weeks to find ann parkins lancashire shop at the bottom of burnley rd, forgot eastgate split it , did feel a prat when i finally copped onto it
Old 07-03-2006, 19:07   #11

Re: Clayton le Moors - Preston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Clayton-Lre -Moors? I'd rather live in Baghdad.....move to Church instead..it's much nicer..
Oswaldtwistle's better still. I came in 66 The year England won the World Cup, and I'm still here I couldn't live anywhere else. And I was born in Clayton.
People say that once you leave Ossy you always come back.I 'm not leaving at all.:engsmil:
thindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:17   #12
God Member

Takes me just over 10 mins from J29 M6 to Accy at peak times, from J29 your probably looking another 10-15 mins to the centre.

It does depend on what part of preston you work. e.g. accy to fulwood is nearly 40 mins strangely enough (I 've been to DVLA on many an occasion)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:41   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
CHURCH!! you would rather live their.? Church is Bagdad.
Old 07-03-2006, 21:20   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thindle
Oswaldtwistle's better still. I came in 66 The year England won the World Cup, and I'm still here I couldn't live anywhere else. And I was born in Clayton.
People say that once you leave Ossy you always come back.I 'm not leaving at all.:engsmil:

Well said!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 21:49   #15
Resting in Peace

Speak to me Bev .. this lot haven't got a clue. Lived in Clayton 42 years. Preston no problem, depends which area you going to though and where your level is, i.e. all relevant to what you used to on the roads,etc. Worst bit going up to the lights on Whalley Road during school term, 'part from that piece of cake.

Let me know the properties you are looking at and I will tell you honestly if good area, etc. Mmmmmm wonder if you are looking at the new development on t'other side of me lodge ... marshland ... don't do it. P.M. me if you wish and I will fill you in.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..