Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 11:31   #46
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Councillors Claiming expenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Read some of his previous posts Less, that's how I know, I can also remember another chap coming on here and staring a similar thread asking questions about expenses and was answered by a Labour councillor, only to be sussed as a Labour councilor himself trying to stir it
I know they say knowledge is power Jay, but I think I will remain ignorant & weak by avoiding his previous posts, I suspect they will be to the same low standard.

As for the other mon' he deserved being found out.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2010, 22:16   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickler View Post
you either didnt say or you were not asked HOW do you know they are claiming expenses and where have you got the information from

secondly do you know just how many councillors DONT claim any expenses ???
It is quite easy to find out which councillors are claiming extra allowances, such as childcare by doing a FIO request.

For anyone who accuses me of claiming anything I am not entitled too - in the 2009 to 2010 year I claimed £5489.88 - which was my basic allowance + an allowance for being Labour Group secretary and a IT allowance (because unlike some councillors I pay for my own broadband and use my own PC and printer - rather than HBC providing me with the facility).

As I am chair of Church and Central Area Management Board I was entitled to claim £742 as chair but did not claim this and the money went to the Area Management Board.

I did not claim any mileage allowances and the only train fare I claimed was £38.65 for a return trip to London (when I attended a one day conference -paid for out of Graham Jones training budget). I went to Manchester twice and Preston once on training courses but did not claim the rail fare for any of these journeys, neither did I claim for any meals when I went to London.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:30   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
It is quite easy to find out which councillors are claiming extra allowances, such as childcare by doing a FIO request.

For anyone who accuses me of claiming anything I am not entitled too - in the 2009 to 2010 year I claimed £5489.88 - which was my basic allowance + an allowance for being Labour Group secretary and a IT allowance (because unlike some councillors I pay for my own broadband and use my own PC and printer - rather than HBC providing me with the facility).

As I am chair of Church and Central Area Management Board I was entitled to claim £742 as chair but did not claim this and the money went to the Area Management Board.

I did not claim any mileage allowances and the only train fare I claimed was £38.65 for a return trip to London (when I attended a one day conference -paid for out of Graham Jones training budget). I went to Manchester twice and Preston once on training courses but did not claim the rail fare for any of these journeys, neither did I claim for any meals when I went to London.
To be quite honest Joan, I think the people representing the people of Hyndburn should not be one penny out of pocket, there was a time when councilors received nothing but thank you for their efforts, things have moved on since those days and I for one think its not always for the better
Old 13-09-2010, 21:16   #49

The Councillor in Question, who is also a County Councillor, claimed £250 last financial year from LCC for 'Carers Allowance'. Surely, at her age (15), his daughter should be at school and wouldnt really need childcare anyway, even in an evening? Why don't they have to provide official childcare details? I am still waiting expenses details from Hyndburn BC.
Old 13-09-2010, 23:52   #50
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accysimon View Post
I am still waiting expenses details from Hyndburn BC.
When you get them post them on here so we can have a real debate without you just trying to score points, AccyWeb is not here for your petty Political games and I am getting fed up with you trying to use it for such.
Old 14-09-2010, 00:59   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
To be quite honest Joan, I think the people representing the people of Hyndburn should not be one penny out of pocket, there was a time when councilors received nothing but thank you for their efforts, things have moved on since those days and I for one think its not always for the better
Seems to me back in the days of the old Accrington Borough and UDC councils, when things were run by a local unpaid council of volunteers and a paid town clerk things seemed to work well enough , there was a decent bus service covering the whole of Hyndburn and neighbouring towns , bins were emptied in all weathers and folk managed to get to work even during the deepest snow .
I'm thinking I once asked on here if any local offical could give me the tally of local council employees (Borough/UDC's) before the days of "Hyndburn" and the present day number of Hyndburn employees.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 06:24   #52

Quote:
The Councillor in Question,
Which Councillor in question? Only you so far have been claiming anything and most of us are questioning your motives not this unknown victim.

Quote:
who is also a County Councillor, claimed £250 last financial year from LCC for 'Carers Allowance'. Surely, at her age (15), his daughter should be at school and wouldnt really need childcare anyway, even in an evening? Why don't they have to provide official childcare details?
All you have done so far is come on here claiming some form of wrong doing without the decency of having any proof.

You hint at who this 'despicable' person may be, indeed you are getting bolder now you inform us it's a he, that he is also a County Councillor and that he has a 15 year old daughter, unfortunately like so many of your ilk you aren't man enough to name names, I wonder what this poor chap did to upset such a vindictive little man as you?
I suggest once more that if you actually have any proof go to the authorities don't come on here spreading your disgusting innuendos.

Quote:
I am still waiting expenses details from Hyndburn BC.
If your communications with HBC are anything like your posts I doubt that they can properly understand any request you have put forward, so you will I hope be in for a long wait.
Old 14-09-2010, 06:58   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
When you get them post them on here so we can have a real debate without you just trying to score points, AccyWeb is not here for your petty Political games and I am getting fed up with you trying to use it for such.
I have asked for the thread to be deleted twice, but the moderators have refused, so you are just as much to blame for continuing the 'political games'.
Old 14-09-2010, 07:00   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Which Councillor in question? Only you so far have been claiming anything and most of us are questioning your motives not this unknown victim.

All you have done so far is come on here claiming some form of wrong doing without the decency of having any proof.

You hint at who this 'despicable' person may be, indeed you are getting bolder now you inform us it's a he, that he is also a County Councillor and that he has a 15 year old daughter, unfortunately like so many of your ilk you aren't man enough to name names, I wonder what this poor chap did to upset such a vindictive little man as you?
I suggest once more that if you actually have any proof go to the authorities don't come on here spreading your disgusting innuendos.

If your communications with HBC are anything like your posts I doubt that they can properly understand any request you have put forward, so you will I hope be in for a long wait.

They make far more sense than you...but then, ignore this comment as I am only a vindictive little man who is concerned where my council tax is being used.
Old 14-09-2010, 07:45   #55
Super Moderator

Quote:
who is concerned where my council tax is being used.
No what you are is a Labour party politico trying somewhat clumsily to score points. If a Labour councillor was the subject of all this, I'm sure we wouldn't have heard a peep from you. However, you don't quite have the bottle to go the whole hog by naming the person, do you? Never mind...carry on skulking in the shadows!
Old 14-09-2010, 07:51   #56
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I am only a vindictive little man
No. You are more than that.

The way you have gone about things, on a forum that is usually a fairly hostile environment, for the councillor you presumably refer to, if has succeeded in uniting everyone in their defence.

Jolly well done.

A miracle.

You should be given an audience with the Pope, St.Malicious.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 08:18   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
St.Malicious.
Just pulling you up on a technicality here rindy, to be St.Malicious, doesn't he have to be dead?
Old 14-09-2010, 08:59   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
They make far more sense than you...but then, ignore this comment as I am only a vindictive little man who is concerned where my council tax is being used.
Tell your councillor friend to ask his own quesions
Old 14-09-2010, 09:34   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
No. You are more than that.

The way you have gone about things, on a forum that is usually a fairly hostile environment, for the councillor you presumably refer to, if has succeeded in uniting everyone in their defence.

Jolly well done.

A miracle.

You should be given an audience with the Pope, St.Malicious.
i think thats a very apt name, my reason- this forum in the main, apart from a few munchkins, is well anti tory, so you would assume that people may side with simplesimon,oops sorry accysimon, if i was he, would be askin meself why they haven't,so St Malicious fits the bill to me anyway.
Old 14-09-2010, 09:46   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think thats a very apt name, my reason- this forum in the main, apart from a few munchkins, is well anti tory, so you would assume that people may side with simplesimon,oops sorry accysimon, if i was he, would be askin meself why they haven't,so St Malicious fits the bill to me anyway.
Be carefully cashy I had a post deleted for calling him that

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..