Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 00:43   #16
g78

Re: Dentists in the North West

I have just recently started to go to one on Abbey Street...... they are really nice and friendly and the place doesn't feel at all clinical like some can.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:20   #17
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Does anybody know if any dentists are taking new patients at the moment? My dentist Mr Cookson retired a couple of years ago, so his colleague, Mr Wilkinson said he would take us on. I have been at that dentists for over 30 years. Mr Wilkinson then decided he couldn't keep up with the workload, but if we were willing to pay into his private scheme, he would be able to keep us. What a load of twaddle, so therefore I am searching for a new dentist. I don't mind paying privately, but am damned if I am going to pay him after being promised an NHS service and him going back on his word.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 13:11   #18
Senior Member+

I went to the dentist yesterday lettie, antley villa, but they are not taking on any new patient's at the moment.
Old 09-03-2004, 13:16   #19
Caz
God Member

Don't think there is any at the mo taking new patients.

This link may be useful.

http://www.nhs.uk/root/localnhsservices/default.asp
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 15:43   #20
Junior Member+

My family used to go to the same dentist but to see Mr Donelly. It was when he finally left that Mark Wilkinson pulled the plug on NHS. His excuse was that he couldn;t get another dentist to share the practise. It's funny how he has the time to see private patients and not NHS. I have been going there for 38 years and consider him to have no respect for longevity and/or faithful patients. It used to be a good dentist to in my opinion. We contacted NHS Direct and the nearest ones are in Chorley. This isn't bad for me as that's quite convenient but for my mother who doesn't drive and has been to the other dentist for almost 60 years has no choice now but to pay privately.

If I sound bitter, then that's because I am and not being nasty but hope it doesn't work out!
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 20:03   #21
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

You sound exactly like I do, and I'm not happy about it, I think it's a rotten thing to say that you are going to offer the same service, then change your mind. My dad and step mum have managed to get on in Darwen, but only because my step mum's friend is a dental nurse and managed to get them in through the back door. I will continue to look, and I will pay private, I just won't pay Mr Wilkinson...
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 19:37   #22
I am Band

it would appear that this particular dentist's honesty and integrity have been clouded by greed.

Incedently, one of the young lads at work was snivelling and whingeing about toothache today. When we threatened him with pipe grips and a slide hammer he wanted to know directions for Accy Vic to go and see the 'gob doctor'.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2004, 11:47   #23
mac
I am Banned

there is a major problem with the national health service. what has happened. where do all our taxes go to. dentists should all go onto national health again. like it used to be. what is the country coming to when you cant even get your teeth seen to without paying a ransom to get them sorted.
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 17:47   #24

Dont mention Wilkinson to me I hope his business goes down the pan, I'd been going there for 30 years every 6 months to see Mr Donnelly who was a 1st rate guy.Then the partners retire who apparently had too many people on their books because they didn't like to turn anyone away and Wilkinson can't cope !!! They fobbed me off for ages saying NHS patients could only book 2 weeks in advance and every week I rang just to be told sorry booked up !!

I always thought it was your right to be able to see a dentist, whats this world coming to when people have to go private just to get their teeth sorted !!! If that bloke wants to trade as a dentist he should be made to take so many NHS patients, the greedy git.

Sorry to rant..... anyway I see Mr Master at Antley now who again is a 1st rate dentist.

Shurm
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 17:59   #25
Accrington Web Mascot

I've also recently gone back to Antley Villa & see Dr Masters. I used to go there when I was a kid - don't know why we left. I went back cos I didn't have a dentist & found out that Antley Villa was the only dentist (except one in Clitheroe) that was taking on NHS patients. The doctor has always been nice - but then I'm paying for quite a lot of treatment (which you have to pay in full up front before they will start work) so he should be nice to me!!!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 18:08   #26

hi all, i was at antley villas, but my boss at work complained about me taking extra time off work to pick the children up from school then drive to accrington,anyway he told me a dentist he was at was taking new patients on so i made an appointment, only to be told when i got there that my first initail treatment was nhs, and any further appointments would be private i was gutted, so now i have to pay for something that i can get free , im on a dentist plan, swines they are sooner than later this country will be just like usa?
Old 15-04-2004, 18:11   #27

oh and by the way my dentist is at ewood ? i forgot to tell that bit , we all know im blonde lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..