Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2003, 15:59   #1
Senior Member+

Post Dentists in the North West

I Hear that it's almost impossible to get a Dentist in area as they don't take on new National Health Patients???
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2003, 16:03   #2
God Member

Post Re: Dentists in the North West

It's the same everywhere, Kes......the dentists argue there just ain't enough money in NHS work...but I suggest you contact Hyndburn & Ribble Valley PCT.....they should advise you on the nearest dentist taking up NHS patients - you may have to travel though...
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 16:10   #3
Senior Member+

I had been with my dentist lawson's on avenue parade for 30 years, when he semi retired he only would see his private patients took me 18months to find someone to take me on.now at antley villa, used to work there when i left school seems funny to be back there now even if it's only as a patient.
Old 07-10-2003, 17:36   #4
Resting in Peace

If you need a dentist in a emergancy contact NHS DIRECT they will get you a apointment within a couple of hours at Accrington victoria hospital
http://www.nhsdirect.com
TEL:0845 4647
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:36   #5

I go to Accy Victoria hospital anyway.  They are my dentist people.  I have a very bad phobia   of needles so i was referred there.  They are very very understanding.   ;D
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 11:43   #6
I am Banned

I also go to accy vic.. I dont have any problem with needles... just dentists  But they did a great job.. apart from the odd panic attack they looked after me really well..

Big softy me.. I keep telling you all but you won't have it ..

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 14:46   #7
Senior Member+

Cheers for the info,I am thinking about moving out of London? And thought about moving back to the Hyndburn area but I heard that it was very hard to get a dentist in the area and by the way Janet mine used to be Lawsons back in the early 80's.Then before that the Health Centre in the middle of town that was near the library.Don't know if it's still there?Well at least I know that one can get emergency treatment at the hospital. ;D
Old 11-10-2003, 18:19   #8
Senior Member+

I think you must mean the clinic, it closed down a few years ago and is now a nursery.
Old 18-10-2003, 15:13   #9
Senior Member+

Yeh the Clinic that's it, spent many lovely afternoons down there after too many sweeties! ;D or was it... :'(
Old 20-10-2003, 22:22   #10
Caz
God Member

Are you still looking for a dentist Kes?

If so, definitely try Antley Villa on Blackburn Rd.

Been there for about 3 years myself now and would definitely recommend them.

In particular my dentist, Dr Master, who everyone refers to as Khalid. Really nice guy.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 08:11   #11
Resting in Peace

I dont think they are taking new people on at this time :-/
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 08:48   #12
Caz
God Member

They are at the mo, cos my older son just got on with them a couple of days ago.
I know a while ago they weren't though.  

- Oscar Wilde
Old 21-10-2003, 17:31   #13
Accy Goddess

Sorry Cazzer can't endorse your reccomendation. The Dentist I saw a few years back was rude and had bad breath. He made me feel very uncomfortable and I most definatly wouldn't go back.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 22:21   #14
Caz
God Member

Think Khalid's only been there about 18 months, took over from my old one. He's brill.  Plus there are a few other dentists there now. Mine always wears a mask when I see him so I wouldn't know if he had breath or not!  ;D

- Oscar Wilde
Old 30-12-2003, 10:24   #15

They, have all moved to OZ,
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..