Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 17:06   #1
God Member

Do People Look As You Imagined Them?

Was just wondering if the way picture people to look you whilst chatting on here or any other sites are ever anything like their true image? I know people have said they imagine me with short dark hair(I am fair and my hair is medium length). How does your mental image stand up against how a person really looks?
Old 06-09-2008, 17:08   #2
God Member

Re: Do People Look As You Imagined Them?

well i always thought that accyman might have looked real sexy and dashing....till i met him

i already knew what you looked like Bernie, so that didnt make a difference
Old 06-09-2008, 17:16   #3

OMG do they ever sometimes it can come as a shock..

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 17:17   #4
Senior Member+

Emzy and karaokeman looked exactly as i imagined

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 17:35   #5
God Member

i'm a lot fatter than i imagined
Old 06-09-2008, 17:39   #6
God Member

I'm younger than I thought I was

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 17:53   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
well i always thought that accyman might have looked real sexy and dashing....till i met him
Thats true, I saw him in asda, along with cashy (outside chatting) Graham Jones( at the till) and mishyfoote (working haha)
Old 06-09-2008, 17:54   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Thats true, I saw him in asda, along with cashy (outside chatting) Graham Jones( at the till) and mishyfoote (working haha)
didnt realise graham jones worked at asda !

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 06-09-2008, 18:04   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
didnt realise graham jones worked at asda !
He was paying for his stuff der brain
Old 06-09-2008, 19:05   #10
Resident Waffler

Even though I know what people look like I still keep an imaginary different image in my head when I read their posts.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 19:06   #11
Senior Member+

lol willow.... ive met quite a few accyweb members and none of them looked how i expected them to.

Old 06-09-2008, 19:11   #12
Senior Member+

i stil refer to people using their usernames,even if i know them pretty well.... its hard to stop doing it lol

Old 06-09-2008, 19:13   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

to me nobody is ever what they seem, perhaps i'm just crap at sussing.
Old 06-09-2008, 19:30   #14
Beacon of light

I don't know many of the accyweb members in the real world.......and yes I do have images of how they may look.......I was quite shocked when I first met Mick and he didn't look a bit like that hairy scientist.(it was his avatar at the time)
But Less looks just as I had imagined him.
I'm just going to let you know that I look nothing like MY avatar
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 19:32   #15
Passed away 25-11-09

I only know what those of you look like who are on photos of meet-ups. One or two, when I've seen them for the first time, have surprised me. Apart from that, I knew what Pendy looked like many, many years ago but I haven't seen her since she was about 12, when I left school.

Sometimes voices give a false clue to what the person looks like. Some of the older members may remember, back in the days of radio in the 50s, there was a news and sports reporter called Tom Naisby. He was based in Blackburn and was very well known at the time on the "Northern Home Service". He had a very rich, "dark brown" voice, one of those voices that makes you imagine a tall, dark, handsome man.

My dad knew him quite well and one day, when I was about 14, he came to our house. What a let-down! He looked a lot like Norris Cole from Corrie - only fatter. It just didn't seem right that that voice was coming out of that body.

Don't know how you see me (decrepit, probably) but I'm 5'1" tall, quite slim, have short(ish) grey hair, wear glasses and am, of course, devastatingly attractive. You guessed that, didn't you?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..