Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 23:41   #31
God Member

Re: Do People Look As You Imagined Them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Are you as handsome as your avatar? or am I being optimistic (again)
all i can say Margaret is...................Glen Madieros has (or had) more hair than me..........
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2008, 23:47   #32
God Member

Yul Brynner and Captain Pickard are handsome, but you need a slim neck to carry a bald head.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 23:48   #33
God Member

Quote:
Yul Brynner and Captain Pickard are handsome, but you need a slim neck to carry a bald head.

Hey i never said Bald....!!!!!!!!!!!! (well i`m not quite there yet!!!) LOL
Old 07-09-2008, 00:08   #34
God Member

I have just looked at your profile
Is that really you sticking your tongue out
Shattered illusions again

perhaps you have a nice nature - more important

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 00:11   #35
God Member

Quote:
I have just looked at your profile
Is that really you sticking your tongue out
Shattered illusions again

perhaps you have a nice nature - more important

It really is............but be assured i have an extremely nice nature....
Old 07-09-2008, 05:50   #36
God Member

know a couple of Accy-webbers, (one I re-hooked up with thru accy-web), we live on three separate continents, haven't seen either for 30/20+ years but both will stay in my mind forever as they were then.

As for "mental images' of various Accy-webbers , Got to say the only "mental image' of any Accy-web user I can come up with is of Gayle .........every post of hers I read I see/imagine ...the actress Emma Thompson .
the only other Accy-web user I have a mental image of is the 'Smiler' character from 'Last of the Summer wine' and I think he is an Accy-web user who lives either full or part time in Spain

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:00   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
As for "mental images' of various Accy-webbers , Got to say the only "mental image' of any Accy-web user I can come up with is of Gayle .........every post of hers I read I see/imagine ...the actress Emma Thompson .

I'll take that as a compliment, thank you. She's one of my all time favourite actresses, she's talented, smart, funny and above all beautiful - see photo. Yes, I can see the likeness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg emma thompson.jpg (17.7 KB, 5 views)

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Last edited by Gayle; 07-09-2008 at 08:03.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:15   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Got to say the only "mental image' of any Accy-web user I can come up with is of Gayle .........every post of hers I read I see/imagine ...the actress Emma Thompson .
Before I met Gayle, I imagined her as the classic caricature of a politically-correct womens' libber - frumpy, overweight, dressed in shabby hippie-type clothes, scowling, always on the look out for some perceived lapse into racism/sexism in the conversation. I was, therefore, quite surprised to discover that she was warm, friendly, intelligent, smart and attractive...which just goes to show that you shouldn't stereotype people.

Meeting Cashy was something of a shock too. After we'd talked on-line about the dozens of people we both knew and the places we went to at the same time back in the 60's, I expected to recognise him instantly...but I didn't know him from Adam. I must have been more out of it than I thought way back then!

The other person who didn't live up to my imagined image was the late Ianto.W. After our huge on-line row when he first joined, I expected a thin, miserable-looking sort of bloke with a persona to match. Instead, I found a large, expansive man with a warm personality and who turned out to be a laugh a minute. Although I only met him once, I still miss him.

As for you, Pipinfort, I can't for the life of me understand how you can be a regular up t'Stanley and NOT have met any Accywebbers. They're here, there and everywhere up there and I've met around twenty-odd simply by standing on the Clayton End, although I suppose you have to know one to "unlock the key" to rest...
Old 07-09-2008, 10:23   #39
God Member

I dont really have an image of people I dont know, except from some avatars, they stick with me a little, it is much better having met people, then it is more like responding to a 'person'.
Old 07-09-2008, 13:29   #40
God Member

[quote=Wynonie Harris;628037

As for you, Pipinfort, I can't for the life of me understand how you can be a regular up t'Stanley and NOT have met any Accywebbers. They're here, there and everywhere up there and I've met around twenty-odd simply by standing on the Clayton End, although I suppose you have to know one to "unlock the key" to rest...[/quote]

LOL, i`m not as regular as i used to be but i like the....`i suppose you have to know one to `unlock the key` to the others.....that sounds great....next game i`ll be there with my key
Old 07-09-2008, 13:38   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
LOL, i`m not as regular as i used to be

you can get medication for that
Old 07-09-2008, 13:56   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
you can get medication for that

Stop it .........mind in the gutter as usual..( like myself).....
Old 07-09-2008, 13:58   #43
Senior Member+

I think thats called toilet humour....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 14:19   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
I think thats called toilet humour....

i dont think pipples got exactly what i was on about
Old 07-09-2008, 14:20   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i dont think pipples got exactly what i was on about
I think `pipples` as you affectionately call him did and i`ve been twice today thanx..................

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..