Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2008, 09:40   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Do you believe in ghosts??

there is a story about a ghost in the municipal hall in colne, aparently either it likes to open doors that the hall keepers have locked.

I believe in ghosts and i believe that family members that have passed on visit you sometimes.I do have a story but you will all probably think i am crazy

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2008, 10:57   #17
Senior Member+

A spooky thing happened to me a earlier today, as I was reading this topic the electricity went out. Which to say spooked me lol. Found out it affected other houses in the area as well. Just a power cut though.
Old 31-03-2008, 11:00   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
there is a story about a ghost in the municipal hall in colne, aparently either it likes to open doors that the hall keepers have locked.

I believe in ghosts and i believe that family members that have passed on visit you sometimes.I do have a story but you will all probably think i am crazy

Think you're crazy???? I know the truth!!! And for all those that don't know, they do occasionally let Emamum out on day release which is why we see her from time to time but fact is she's not a full shilling!
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 11:05   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Think you're crazy???? I know the truth!!! And for all those that don't know, they do occasionally let Emamum out on day release which is why we see her from time to time but fact is she's not a full shilling!
yeah.... thanks em.. it was supposed to be a secret!!!!!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 31-03-2008, 11:06   #20
Senior Member+

I tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!! lol
Old 31-03-2008, 11:07   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
I tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!! lol
The voices said not to listen to you and i'm not crazy

Old 31-03-2008, 11:08   #22
Senior Member+

The voices in your head again, take it the medication isnt working.

Whats your crazy ghost story anyway?? Wanna hear what the voices have to say
Old 31-03-2008, 11:09   #23
Senior Member+

I saw a child stood next to ty's cot in the hospital and noooo, it wasnt the drugs, i didnt have any

Old 31-03-2008, 11:11   #24
Senior Member+

oooh, hospitals can be strange places sometimes,

I posted on here a few wk ago about my "pipe tobacco smell" but thats about it for me
Old 31-03-2008, 12:23   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post

right...... i have the full story now about the municipal hall ghost,

Some ppl think its an old hall keeper that died there, some ppl think its performer that got boo'd off the stage and said he would be back.

There is a ghost, my grandad has seen it.He says it doesnt look to be male or female just a see through shape and you only see it out of the corner of your eye(like when you can still see the tv when your not looking at it) but it disapears when you look directly at it, it makes a lot of noise when no one else is there, liike tapping a wine glass with a spoon, like its gunna make a speech, to get attention. It moves through walls as well and is only in the basement.

The strangest bit is thats you cant see its feet, like its walking in knee deep water.

Theres another one that you dont see that opens all the doors, doors that have been locked when you are in the building on your own. Always when the christmas show had finished. The hall keeper always locked the front door and walked around the building to check for cigarettes burning in ashtrays and to check that everyone had left. When he got back to the front door and tried to set the alarm it wouldnt because the door was open.

The cctv showed..................(drum roll please, build up the suspense).................................nobody go near the door.

Last edited by emamum; 31-03-2008 at 12:31.
Old 31-03-2008, 12:54   #26
Senior Member+

me and emzy used to sit googling ghost video's when we had nothing better to do

Old 31-03-2008, 13:03   #27
God Member

My uncle was a guide at Townley Hall (He still lives in the cottages there) and when he locked up at night he was regularly followed by a ghostly woman, she did`nt bother him just followed him round after a while he just got used to it. Me, i would say i don`t really believe yet but show me a ghost and i`ll soon be changing my mind!!!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 13:06   #28
Senior Member+

i remember seeing a cat in my mum and dads bedroom when i was little and we didnt have one.

we did have a very big dog and i doubt any cat would brave that lol

Old 31-03-2008, 13:08   #29
Senior Member+

I think id probably freak if i saw one, really dont know how id react. Have heard strange noises and had strange unsure feelings in certain places with no explanations but have never yet seen anything. My mums seen a few but i never have.
Old 31-03-2008, 16:23   #30
Loz

Yeah i believe in ghosts and the supernatural.
I can't believe we are the only people in the universe.
I saw a ghost once in scotland but it didn't freak me out in fact i felt very calm and peaceful!
Also had unexplained smells after my mum died every so often i would get a whiff of her favourite perfume.
My dog Duke also used to sit at the bottom of the stairs and bark,i believe this was my mum too,they say dogs and cats can sense things like that.
You all probably think i'm crazy but its what i believe.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..