Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 17:20   #46

Re: Do you believe in ghosts??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Take it your a non-believer then???
LOL Definately.

Believers should be sent to some mental place or something lol

Psycho's
Old 02-04-2008, 17:23   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post
LOL Definately.

Psycho's
that sounds like an offer to stay in that house to me

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 17:46   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post
LOL Definately.

Psycho's
You might get a shock one of these days
Old 02-04-2008, 18:10   #49
Resident Waffler

A friend of mine used to live on Queensway. She never experienced anything but then she moved and another friend moved in to that same house. She was convinced it was haunted and even had someone from the church go round to bless it. That was the first I ever heard of hauntings on there but it seems she isn't the only one to have had the experience.

Yes I believe in ghosts. I have experienced a few, one very nasty unpleasant character in rooms above the Skipton Building Society in Blackburn. I've even photographed a couple. I posted one of the photos on BurnleyWeb ages ago.

The house where my late husband and I used to live had a presence but it wasn't frightening,just irritating at times. Mischeivous.

I have different theories about ghosts. I don't think they are all the same thing. I believe some are like recordings in the air and cannot interact. I also believe that sometimes spirits of deceased people can appear to us and then there are the demonic entities.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 18:17   #50
God Member

I recently saw a Tv programme in which physicists were exploring whether there were 11 dimensions - not just the 3 we experience.
Maybe ghosts are manifestations of one of those dimensions where our 'energy' is released to when the physical body is worn out

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 18:55   #51

Quote:
Can't wait lol
Old 02-04-2008, 19:02   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I recently saw a Tv programme in which physicists were exploring whether there were 11 dimensions - not just the 3 we experience.
Maybe ghosts are manifestations of one of those dimensions where our 'energy' is released to when the physical body is worn out
I think I saw that, was it the Stephen Hawking programme? Good one that.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 19:25   #53
God Member

I still think we Accywebbers should do our very own Ghost hunting

We would be better than Most Haunted any day.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 20:14   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
wheres the houses yolander?

ooo i would love to spend the night there...
there is one in john st church and another one in lion st church,and a lady told me the other day there is one in number 30 barnes st church
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 20:21   #55
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I do hope my brain never starts playing those tricks on me.
I don't believe in ghost and would stay anywhere you like.

I don't do religion either, dead is dead as in the end. I think religion is for people who need to believe there must be more to life than there really is.

Seeing as I believe dead is dead it would be a touch hypocritical for me to believe in ghosts. Places can be spooky because you mind lets them be, haunted no.
Old 02-04-2008, 20:30   #56
Beacon of light

I do beleive in spirits(not the Jack Daniels type).....and yes i have seen spirits......I have heard footsteps......I have been tapped on the shoulder....i felt someone sit on my bed when my husband was working night....and when I lifted my head up, thinking he had come home because he wasn't well, there was no-one there.

I often smell cigarettes in the back bedroom where my computer is(no-one smokes in our house)....I take this to be my dear old Dad.....watching what i am doing on the computer(which he would have loved).....and if this qualifies me for the funny farm....I'm ready to go!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 20:36   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I do hope my brain never starts playing those tricks on me.
I don't believe in ghost and would stay anywhere you like.

I don't do religion either, dead is dead as in the end. I think religion is for people who need to believe there must be more to life than there really is.

Seeing as I believe dead is dead it would be a touch hypocritical for me to believe in ghosts. Places can be spooky because you mind lets them be, haunted no.
I am an atheist too but I have had paranormal experiences. It hasn't converted me to religion, but made me aware that there may be another form of existance running parallel with the one we know of.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 23:53   #58
white rabbits

I THINK THERES MUCH MORE TO THIS WORLD, I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THERES SOMETHING ELSE WHEN WE DIE,,,
.................................................. ..............................................
I THINK THE PROGRAMME MOST HAUNTED IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH,,,DEREK ACORA SHOULD BE DEAD ,THE AMOUNT OF GHOSTLY ENCOUNTERS HES SUPPOSED TO HAVE HAD,I BET HES LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK
Old 03-04-2008, 00:13   #59
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am an atheist too but I have had paranormal experiences. It hasn't converted me to religion, but made me aware that there may be another form of existance running parallel with the one we know of.
Just your brain playing tricks on you.
Old 03-04-2008, 19:13   #60
God Member

Perhaps one of the non believers could explain this, my son experienced a weird sensation when my grandson woke in the night, just after they had moved home, he heard my grandson crying, and when he tried to move, he felt 'held down' this happened several times, and he never mentioned it to me or his mother for 2 years, until he moved again, when he felt this presence, his partner noticed several times, and says there was genuine terror in his face, though the tension lessened in the room over time, unlnown to him, his partner had a blessing or something similar done, and it never happened again, my son didnt know, but noticed within a few days that it didnt happen anymore!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..