Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 09:15   #1
Senior Member+

for all pet owners - bit of market research - be grateful of some answers

As you may all my know by now mrs gg is starting up her own pet sitting business and having been on the radio and papers talking about it and with business starting to pick up slowly away please could everyone with pets take the time to copy and paste the following questions, with replies!!,

just to give us a better understanding of what services people want/need/can afford...

1. List your pets

2. What hours do you work?

3. How many holidays do you take per year?

4. When do you normally go away?

5. Do you use kennel/catteries/full livery or do you have family help out?

5b. Would you rather pay for a knowledgable carer in your absence, or have family do so for free?

6. What do you normally pay?

7. Is this per day or per night?

8. Would you prefer to pay per night (can work out cheaper, but argument is work is done in daytime)?

9. How much would you pay for someone to walk your dog? (be truthful - I need to know what is a reasonable charge!!)

10. Would you be happy to let a stranger have keys to your home? (if references available, CRB checked and registered to appropriate organisation)

Thank alot for sparing a few mins..
all this is just to give us some facts and figures to work off when we go to the business adviser next month!!
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2009, 15:05   #2

Re: for all pet owners - bit of market research - be grateful of some answers

1. List your pets Dogs

2. What hours do you work? none retired

3. How many holidays do you take per year? 2

4. When do you normally go away? July/march

5. Do you use kennel/catteries/full livery or do you have family help out? yes use kennels

5b. Would you rather pay for a knowledgable carer in your absence, or have family do so for free? Would love it if my family could look after them,but family have their own lives etc.if i was to pay a carer think they would have to move in

6. What do you normally pay? £12.00

7. Is this per day or per night? per night

8. Would you prefer to pay per night (can work out cheaper, but argument is work is done in daytime)?the kennels i use charge per night

9. How much would you pay for someone to walk your dog? (be truthful - I need to know what is a reasonable charge!!) Im not sure what i would pay for someone to walk mine.

10. Would you be happy to let a stranger have keys to your home? (if references available, CRB checked and registered to appropriate organisation) yes not a problem for me,but the dogs wouldnt let a stranger in,so would need to get to know said person
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 17:22   #3
God Member

1. List your pets 1 child

2. What hours do you work? 24/7

3. How many holidays do you take per year? 0

4. When do you normally go away? i dont

5. Do you use kennel/catteries/full livery or do you have family help out? family

5b. Would you rather pay for a knowledgable carer in your absence, or have family do so for free? i'd have to pay them a fortune to look after my monster

6. What do you normally pay? anything up to a million to take him off my hands?

7. Is this per day or per night? no, forever

8. Would you prefer to pay per night (can work out cheaper, but argument is work is done in daytime)? no

9. How much would you pay for someone to walk your dog? (be truthful - I need to know what is a reasonable charge!!) anything if they headed towards the nearest footy pitch with him

10. Would you be happy to let a stranger have keys to your home? (if references available, CRB checked and registered to appropriate organisation) yes, you can have the child benefit too

sorry GG, i couldnt resist
Old 01-02-2009, 17:30   #4
God Member

PMSL at Flashers.....................
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 17:46   #5
Senior Member+

1. List your pets 1 large indolent Persian ( house cat and substitute baby, Eric!) 1 mad longhaired black thing that thinks it's a lion, 1 Russian dwarf hamster ( Bob) 1 small fish ( Clyde)

2. What hours do you work? 37.5 per week

3. How many holidays do you take per year? 30 days, usually a fortnight away

4. When do you normally go away? August

5. Do you use kennel/catteries/full livery or do you have family help out?
Usually bribe family with promise of duty free
5b. Would you rather pay for a knowledgable carer in your absence, or have family do so for free? Family if poss

6. What do you normally pay? Brandy/fags

7. Is this per day or per night? pro rata!

8. Would you prefer to pay per night (can work out cheaper, but argument is work is done in daytime)? Would prefer not to pay at all but needs must

9. How much would you pay for someone to walk your dog? (be truthful - I need to know what is a reasonable charge!!) Not a clue

10. Would you be happy to let a stranger have keys to your home? (if references available, CRB checked and registered to appropriate organisation) Yes, if the cats were happy about it.
Old 01-02-2009, 17:55   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
1. List your pets 1 large indolent Persian ( house cat and substitute baby, Eric!)
how is eric these days...we were talking about him the other day..he must be slightly bigger and lazier now...found anything that he doesnt eat ?
Old 01-02-2009, 17:56   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I just wonder, is it wise to answer question,

On an open forum? I know it's unlikely but if someone does know you and finds out when the house will be empty....
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 18:01   #8
Senior Member+

Eric is fine, really big and described by Kelsey as "the smelly noisy carpet monkey I never wanted" , though I know she loves him really ! . ( he is cuddled up to her right now!)

And to Less' query, yeah I know what you mean but it does say "normally" , be a long boring wait for the would be burglars just to check! I think we are safe!
Old 01-02-2009, 18:22   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I just wonder, is it wise to answer question,

On an open forum? I know it's unlikely but if someone does know you and finds out when the house will be empty....
to answer that or any of the questions are totally optional..and like you say it is unlikely...
and besides the owners dogs may be at home so the very very very patient burglars would get a nice surprise..

and for those who dont know what they would pay to have their dog walked..
having done alot of research into other local business's in the region who offer similiar services they charge between £7-£15 a dog per day. or charge between £40 - £50 per week to let your dog out and a brief walk..
we offer £5 a day for 1 dog or £8 for 2 dogs.
or £10 a week to let your dog out for a pee and a brief walk...

why do we charge such little prices?..cos not everyone can afford such a service..and our prices do not detract from the attention and service you pets recieve either..

Last edited by glasgow guy; 01-02-2009 at 18:24.
Old 01-02-2009, 19:52   #10

1. List your pets dog

2. What hours do you work? retired

3. How many holidays do you take per year? 1-2

4. When do you normally go away? april / sept

5. Do you use kennel/catteries/full livery or do you have family help out? family

5b. Would you rather pay for a knowledgable carer in your absence, or have family do so for free? family as dog is a rescue animal and wouldnt want to stress him out

6. What do you normally pay? n/a

7. Is this per day or per night? n/a

8. Would you prefer to pay per night (can work out cheaper, but argument is work is done in daytime)? n/a

9. How much would you pay for someone to walk your dog? (be truthful - I need to know what is a reasonable charge!!) depends on the length of walk. 1/2 hour per day, maybe £15 a week <<< i am a pensioner>>>

10. Would you be happy to let a stranger have keys to your home? (if references available, CRB checked and registered to appropriate organisation) prefer not.

not sure if this will be of any help as i dont use kennels .

Thank alot for sparing a few mins..
all this is just to give us some facts and figures to work off when we go to the business adviser next month!!
Old 01-02-2009, 20:12   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
how is eric these days...we were talking about him the other day..he must be slightly bigger and lazier now...found anything that he doesnt eat ?
Eric the catmonster

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 20:31   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
Eric the catmonster
eric is the bestest cat with the bestest character...he is the original top cat
Old 01-02-2009, 20:32   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
eric is the bestest cat with the bestest character...he is the original top cat
he is brill, my little lad thinks he is fantastic!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 21:51   #14
Senior Member+

Anyone who wants to meet the legend that is Eric , just let me know , he is very amenable and happy to meet anyone!
Old 01-02-2009, 23:05   #15

He's wonderful, loves to be stroked and combed. Just don't wear black!
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..