Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2004, 10:41   #31

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
chingle hall is the most haunted place in britain and you used to be able to stop there for the night but they have stopped doing that now

http://www.btinternet.com/~loonboy/para_chingle.html

http://www.lancshalls.co.uk/Preston/chinglehall.htm

http://www.accy.net/parkinn.htm

these are a couple of sites about chingle hall you might be interested in!

Dunkenhalgh Hall, Clayton-le-Moors,nr.Accrington. This is now a popular hotel,but was once the home of the Walmesley family,then Petre family. The Petre family employed a French Governess called Lucette in the 18th century,she fell in love with a visitor to the hall and became pregnant by him,he refused to marry her,so she threw herself into the nearby Hyndburn River. Her ghost,shrouded in white is seen in the hotel grounds around Christmas time

happy reading

jason
Dont click the last link it is a bad link now for some reason....cant see why it is a problem to some people when it was from months ago and i cant modify my post to remove it (doh)....what am i supposed to do??
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2004, 20:32   #32
g78

Re: Ghosts and haunted buildings.

Has anyone heard of the proposed 'ghost walk' that is currently being planned for accrington town centre? I read something about it a while ago in the Observer...... didnt think we had enough ghosts to warrant a full walk........ maybe there are some that have just stayed hidden for a while
Old 08-03-2004, 20:36   #33
Accy Goddess

Dont think salmsbury is spooky at all.
Speke Hall in Liverpool is a good place to visit.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 00:15   #34
Junior Member+

Hi Scary, the guys name that did the ghost stories is Tony Shaffer, i have a tape of most of them, sometimes he has been on "most Haunted " on living tv, i used to live in Accrington from 6 yrs old but moved to Ireland last year i get back a few times, i have a few hauntings exspirenaces that used to happen in the town, since that first one i became an ardent ghost hunte, if i can help you in any way at all email me [email protected] all best now
Old 11-03-2004, 17:17   #35

A forum coming soon for this sort of thing on www.sightings-uk.com within the next couple of days
Old 19-03-2004, 23:06   #36
Senior Member+

What was the name of the pub across from the cop shop on manchester rd ?I think it was the Hargreaves arms but could be wrong, anyhow the landlord used to say how haunted it was and I think look north did a prog about it in the 70s.
Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 19:00   #37

Ghosts R Well Cool
Old 20-03-2004, 19:01   #38

It Was Called The Muldoons Bazf
Old 20-03-2004, 21:46   #39

Well the forum is up and running at www.sightings-uk.com

Had to re-post, need some money for my Petz!
Old 21-03-2004, 09:25   #40
mac
I am Banned

whats the web site address

im fairly new to the web so i may have misread something could you please give me the web address so i can check it out leslie.
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 19:44   #41
Junior Member+

Another good website for anything ghostly is

www.ghosts-uk.net
With ghost forums,news and photo's
Dave.
Dave m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 07:08   #42
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
Well the forum is up and running at www.sightings-uk.com

Had to re-post, need some money for my Petz!
I've only just seen this thread. What happened to the forum Neal? I tried the link but it didn't lead anywhere. Is that a temporary hitch or didn't the idea take off?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 09:20   #43

This is not a publicity stunt but at The Miners Arms ther is realy strange things happening, glasses exploding, objects flying, lightbulbs falling out of fittings, shadows passing and people standing ther one second and gone the next when the pub is open and closed. Im not soft but when i have to set up upstairs i hate it my hair stands on end. can anyone explain why? This is before i'v hit the spirits.
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 14:20   #44
Resident Waffler

Are you trying to put us off going there again?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 15:38   #45
God Member

what about that house in church that was said to be haunted, think it was on queensway (might be wrong). It was said that the house 'which was council house' was not being used for tenancy anymore because of the amount of people that had moved in then moved back out. supposed to be a real bad spirit in there
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..