Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2010, 16:32   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Global Conference Centre, Oswaldtwistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Can you elucidate, Rindy? Are you saying that some clowns have stuck an advertising hoarding bang in front of Ossy WM?
Yes they have, and were rude and unhelpful when she went in to tell them they have no right to put it there.

By the way, if your sign's damaged, as a result of it being thrown over, please fell free to attempt legal action.

My mum will happily take you on.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-06-2010, 16:34   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Can you elucidate, Rindy? Are you saying that some clowns have stuck an advertising hoarding bang in front of Ossy WM?
Right at the base of the memorial, hiding what's written on there, and the flowers and poppies.

Old 13-06-2010, 16:47   #18
God Member

I don't think anyone would complain if you just went over there and ripped it down, providing of course, you then take the said rubbish and deposit it in the front door of this 'Global Conference Centre'.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2010, 17:16   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I don't think anyone would complain if you just went over there and ripped it down, providing of course, you then take the said rubbish and deposit it in the front door of this 'Global Conference Centre'.
She pulled it down, it's on the floor..

I suspect if she ever sees it there again she'll be off to get herself better tools, for her next assualt on it.

Old 13-06-2010, 17:28   #20
God Member

I've just been past the War Memorial and didn't notice it - presumably because she'd already taken it down by then.

I haven't been in Global since it was taken over by another church. I had misgivings about the motives of the new owner and felt that it was too money orientated.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2010, 17:33   #21
God Member

I can see a story for the Observer/LT here.
Old 13-06-2010, 22:44   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes they have, and were rude and unhelpful when she went in to tell them they have no right to put it there.

well if yer mam requires rude back to em, i am well qualified n would be happy to help.
Old 13-06-2010, 23:50   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well if yer mam requires rude back to em, i am well qualified n would be happy to help.
Thanks for the offer, but when her gander's up Mike Tyson wouldn't stand a chance.

Old 14-06-2010, 00:08   #24
God Member

Quote:
I think it should be deposited up the rear end of the guy who put it there. Way to go Garinda's mom
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 06:57   #25
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
amazing ...... would have thought a member of HBC would/should be more concerned about finding an answer to an Hyndburn residents concerns ( see topic of original post in this thread) about the desecration of a war memorial than the well being of local pubs
What needs to be said has already been amply elucidated by Garinda so I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just to try and look good.

It certainly wouldn't have gone down well in Rishton and there wouldn't have been any question of leaving it on our memorial for more than a few hours.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 07:10   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
What needs to be said has already been amply elucidated by Garinda so I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just to try and look good.

It certainly wouldn't have gone down well in Rishton and there wouldn't have been any question of leaving it on our memorial for more than a few hours.
I rather think Garindas mother was a bit more 'proactive' than your local voters, instead of waiting a "few hours" I think the 'Lady' with a Capital L (from whats been posted earlier) took immediate action , and kudos to her.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 07:28   #27
God Member

There was something seriously bugging me last night when I read this and about 3am this morning I suddenly awoke, remembering. It's this:

Desecration of War Memorials Bill

I'm pretty sure the Queen has not signed off on this yet because the bill was put on ice due to the election. I may be wrong. If it is now law then there should be a full police investigation and the character(s) who did this should be sent down for 6 months ( not enough, in my humble opinion).
Old 14-06-2010, 08:07   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
There was something seriously bugging me last night when I read this and about 3am this morning I suddenly awoke, remembering. It's this:

Desecration of War Memorials Bill

I'm pretty sure the Queen has not signed off on this yet because the bill was put on ice due to the election. I may be wrong. If it is now law then there should be a full police investigation and the character(s) who did this should be sent down for 6 months ( not enough, in my humble opinion).
Thanks for finding that.

Old 14-06-2010, 10:01   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Thanks for the offer, but when her gander's up Mike Tyson wouldn't stand a chance.

Well the only thing I can add to this thread really is good on you Yvonne and I agree Tyson's a wimp in comperison I'd make sure the Obs DID know about it, wonder if their reporters stll read Accy Web
Old 14-06-2010, 10:05   #30
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well the only thing I can add to this thread really is good on you Yvonne and I agree Tyson's a wimp in comperison I'd make sure the Obs DID know about it, wonder if their reporters stll read Accy Web
I'll probably get into bother for mentioning it on here.

My mum would only resort to speaking to the press, and making a fuss, if she ever saw it there again, which hopefully it won't, now various things have been set in motion, thanks to the assistance of some people who've read this thread.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..