Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2011, 08:25   #31
Beacon of light

Re: has there been an outbreak

Obviously, I do not know as much as a doctor and I would never portray myself in such light, my training was totally different, but I do know that many young doctors do rely on the skills of experienced nurses in a hospital setting...what goes on in GP practice is a different ball game altogether.

The advice to cjrockman was never intended to scare him, but was a common sense approach to something which needs looking into.........most of you on here know about me and my aversion to GP's riddling in my vest
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2011, 08:36   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
OK Kate........I know that you probably know more about my background than most. I stand chastised...nicely
To be fair Margaret, Kate's the only person I know that makes a criticism sound like a compliment
Old 27-04-2011, 10:10   #33
Beacon of light

Oh John, you are really on the ball today...spot on!
I think she could tell you to 'go to hell' in such a pleasant way that you would look forward to packing for the trip .
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 10:23   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh John, you are really on the ball today...spot on!
I think she could tell you to 'go to hell' in such a pleasant way that you would look forward to packing for the trip .
And smile while she was saying it too Margaret
Old 27-04-2011, 23:25   #35
God Member

Quote:
Margaret Pilkington. Obviously, I do not know as much as a doctor and I would never portray myself in such light, my training was totally different, but I do know that many young doctors do rely on the skills of experienced nurses in a hospital setting...what goes on in GP practice is a different ball game altogether.
So very True Marg as anybody who watched the recent series "Junior Doctors, Your Life In Their Hands" will be able to verify. These admirable young doctors relied heavily on the advice of the nursing staff of the various departments they were assigned to for experience. Never underestimate the voice of experience IMHO
Old 28-04-2011, 07:25   #36
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
So very True Marg as anybody who watched the recent series "Junior Doctors, Your Life In Their Hands" will be able to verify.

I watched the series, and this thread did make me think of that too.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 08:34   #37
Resting in Peace

From my point of view I would sooner a nurse took my blood gases than a doctor any day, at one time it was only a doctor that could take blood gases or insert a vent flon, and they weren't very good at it, as my black and blue arms could testify on many occasions
Old 28-04-2011, 08:43   #38
Senior Member+

In my opinion recently nurse's are alot more approachable than the doc's and also seem to know alot more about the patient.

We were lucky if a doctor even bothered reading my Grandma's notes before he came and asked what the problem were...........doh!
They also seemed to come across as very distant and not interested in what concerns that we had.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 08:54   #39
God Member

At one time we trusted banks to look after our money - many were robbed.

Many people still trust the medical profession with their lives.

Both institutions are run by people.

People are fallible. So a 'blind faith' attitude may not be the best.

When you think about it, nobody knows your own body better than you do - so take control of it.
If you have doubts that some medical procedure is right for you, your intuition is working, listen to it.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 09:05   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
At one time we trusted banks to look after our money - many were robbed.

Many people still trust the medical profession with their lives.

Both institutions are run by people.

People are fallible. So a 'blind faith' attitude may not be the best.

When you think about it, nobody knows your own body better than you do - so take control of it.
If you have doubts that some medical procedure is right for you, your intuition is working, listen to it.
Hell Margaret I find myself agreeing with you to a point, as you say there is nobody knows your body better than you do, but I have found its a two way thing, I have always work with medical professionals to maintain the best standard of health that I can. however, the last few years my health as been on a downward spiral, but in conjunction with my GP, Community Matron and Chest Consultant, I'm managing my condition to the best standard possible, but you can't do it alone, and in these circumstances I feel very very luck
Old 28-04-2011, 09:33   #41
Senior Member+

I do agree to a point. If your able then yes trust your own body.

My Grandma cant remember alot of things so if she has felt some pain 5 mins ago she wouldnt remember now so that is tough when you have to try and feel things for her.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..