Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2010, 12:10   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Heat sensors/smoke alarms

Rate of rise heat detectors will not go off with smoke, they look at how quickly the room heats up. In a fire the room will heat up very quickly.
Old 28-02-2010, 12:19   #17
God Member

its stupid whatever sort it is
Old 28-02-2010, 13:00   #18

Its obviously faulty and not acceptable, DON'T take the battery out or disconnect it or they will blame you for the fault, put up with it and ring them first thing to have it replaced, twin valley are usually very good and should replace it asap. It is very unusual for a heat detector to register false alarms, are you sure its not the smoke detector in the hallway which is over sensitive? either way get them out to it.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 13:03   #19
God Member

if it starts tonight i'm switching the electric off, i'm not putting up with that din all bloody night
Old 28-02-2010, 15:52   #20

ITs very likely faulty, get in touch.

They should replace it immediately, too many false alarms give rise to ignoring it & thats when real problems can happen.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 16:11   #21
God Member

its been going off every 10 minutes for the last 4 hours and its doing my head in, i can't do anything until tomorrow now......hope its not like this all night
Old 28-02-2010, 16:28   #22

Why not get the fire brigade to check out your home for fire safety and then if they find a faulty smoke alarm...they may replace it for you free of charge...worth a try and at least you will rest easy knowing that you will be a lot safer
Grange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 16:31   #23
God Member

just called the repair line, they are coming out in the next 2 hours

i don't think the fire brigade could do anything Laurie, its an electrical fault
Old 28-02-2010, 16:48   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
just called the repair line, they are coming out in the next 2 hours

i don't think the fire brigade could do anything Laurie, its an electrical fault

That is what post 10 said at 11.28 this morning
Old 28-02-2010, 16:55   #25
God Member

well he's just been and taken all 3 of them down and said he'd be back in the next couple of days with some new ones, he was here for 2 minutes

Last edited by Neil; 28-02-2010 at 17:33.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 18:34   #26

But why don't you still get a fire safety check...you know it makes sense
Grange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 19:10   #27
God Member

I used to do some of the 'one a day' heating installations in blackburn, and from the minute we used blowtorches, all the alarms in the house would be going off, and stayed that way most of the day, because they are mains fed, we couldnt do anything about it, they are very annoying.
Old 28-02-2010, 19:33   #28
God Member

they are Derek, i just hope i don't need the alarms for the next couple of days
Old 28-02-2010, 19:36   #29
God Member

Haha, I aint gonna ask why!
Old 28-02-2010, 19:39   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Haha, I aint gonna ask why!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..