Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2010, 08:40   #1
God Member

Heat sensors/smoke alarms

about a month ago Twin Valley Homes Contractors came out and totally re-wired the house, they put several new sockets in each room, light switches and fittings and they decided it would be fun to put new heat sensors in, i totally agree that we needed them in, one was put at the top of the stairs, one at the bottom to replace the old ones AND one in the KITCHEN!!!!

why oh why oh why do they put them in the kitchen? is it to wind Flashy up? do they think they have a sense of humour? everytime i go in the kitchen to make a brew(the kettle is a fair distance from the alarm), the alarms go off, everytime i put the dryer on, the alarms go off, i opened the front door to let someone in the other day ..... and ...the alarms went off, there is nothing at all on in the kitchen at the moment and the alarm has gone off 3 times this morning, i've had the Dyson on them to see if there is any dust on them, there isn't, they still go off

i think TVH are having a laugh

ok rant over
Old 28-02-2010, 08:46   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Heat sensors/smoke alarms

disconnect it if it's on the mains or take the battery out if not.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 08:52   #3
God Member

it is mains connected Pete, they are all wired up together, will it not naff the rest up if i do that?
Old 28-02-2010, 09:16   #4
Resting in Peace

Might just be the work men were sadists flashy
Old 28-02-2010, 09:19   #5
Resting in Peace

only got one in this flat and it un-pluggs from the back

you could try them one at once didn't mean turn them all off.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really

Last edited by Benipete; 28-02-2010 at 09:22.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 09:19   #6

THey put the wrong type in the kitchen, plain & simple.

Call them up and get them to come & change it.

Claim its gone faulty if they wont, it should not go off like that.

It should also not be situated close to the cooker.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 09:24   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post

everytime i go in the kitchen to make a brew(the kettle is a fair distance from the alarm), the alarms go off

Perhaps it's nothing to do with the kettle maybe the sensor just thinks you're 'hot'?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 09:30   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps it's nothing to do with the kettle maybe the sensor just thinks you're 'hot'?

ah i see we've woke up with a sense of humour this morning Less
Old 28-02-2010, 09:31   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
It should also not be situated close to the cooker.

its not near the cooker, its at the opposite side of the kitchen
Old 28-02-2010, 10:28   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It sounds faulty Shaz, phone them up and ask them to sort it out.

If they start to mess you around just remind them it is there to save your life in the event of a fire

Last edited by Neil; 28-02-2010 at 16:49. Reason: spelling
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 10:42   #11

Have they put a smoke detector there, one with holes in (looking like the reat) or a heat detector, usually with an aluminium case showing?

A smoke detector is useless in the kitchen for this very reason, only heat detectors shold be fitted & high temperature ones at that.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 10:50   #12
God Member

so much as put the grill on in my house or make a slice of toast and the smoke alarm in teh hallway goes off.

came home drunk once and decided to make toast and it ended up been a death match between lump hammer vs smoke alarm and teh lump hammer won and ever since then i havnt been bothered at all

the rest of the house is smoke alarmed but to put one right next to the kitchen door so sensitive to smoke was just silly.

i since learned i could have simply taken the 9v battery out but if im honest the lump hammer was more fun althouh i do regret the hole in teh ceilng where my first drunken swing missed its target

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 28-02-2010 at 10:53.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 11:48   #13
God Member

Matty its definately a heat detector, its gone off loads since i posted this thread
Old 28-02-2010, 11:54   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Are you sure the house is not on fire and you are being a little slow today
Old 28-02-2010, 12:02   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Are you sure the house is not on fire and you are being a little slow today

my brothers just been in and threatened to hit it with a golf club if it doesn't shut up

he lives further down the same street and had his done a few months ago, he was telling me that the other night he was drunk and put something in the oven to cook, he fell asleep, when he woke up the kitchen was full of smoke and the detectors hadn't even gone off, its a good job his gas had gone or he'd not be here now, they've really messed up with these electrics

Last edited by Neil; 28-02-2010 at 12:10. Reason: language
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..