Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 10:58   #1

hynburn bc houseing benefit

any one got thares this week my dad was told last week he willl get it this week but not he has not
chrismuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2008, 11:16   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: hynburn bc houseing benefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsboy View Post
any one got thares this week my dad was told last week he willl get it this week but not he has not
It may be that it has been paid to his landlord direct, you will need to ask at the town hall.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:51   #3
Senior Member+

housing benefit isnt usually paid weekly is it? mine isnt...

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:54   #4
God Member

When did they stop paying rent directly to private landlords? They are now sending the check to the tenant to pass on to the landlord.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:57   #5
Senior Member+

sometimes they do that, depends on what you asked them to do, if you have to pay some of the rent its easier to get it paid to you and pay the landlord in full instead of your landlord being paid twice.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:04   #6
God Member

Apparently they do it with all private tenants now
Old 01-08-2008, 14:21   #7
Resting In Peace

Re: hyndburn bc housing benefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
When did they stop paying rent directly to private landlords? They are now sending the check to the tenant to pass on to the landlord.
if your a landlord you only need a dodgy tenant or two, then the fun starts trying to get them out,
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 15:36   #8
Caz
God Member

The system was down when I went in there the other day, maybe that has caused a delay.

A lot of private landlords, especially ones managed by an agent, will expect benefit payments sent direct to them these days and will stipulate that fact before you sign the tenancy. They often expect you to have your claim put in and have proof of such before you get the keys.

If the landlord doesn't request this, it's your choice.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 15:45   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
The system was down when I went in there the other day, maybe that has caused a delay.

The system is still down today and I beleive has been down most of the week. I heard today that the system people will be coming in at weekend and it may be back up on Monday. For what I would consider to be an important system it makes you wonder which idiot negotiated the maintenance contract
Old 01-08-2008, 16:23   #10

yes they told my dad they have sent out paymants today first class and if you get them tomoz and go to netwest with 2 itams of id they will cash them on the day

by Site Admin
chrismuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 18:55   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Mine goes directly to the owners and they send a summary of rent paid every quarter it always shows me as anything between two and six weeks in arrears even though it was an ongoing claim from when I moved and everything was up to date with my old landlord.

When I queried this with my new landlords they said,
Quote:
Don't worry about it we know it's not you Hyndburn are always slow at paying the rent.
Which is all very well, but looks bad on my record, if I ever needed to apply elsewhere for a place.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..