Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2006, 11:36   #1
Resting in peace

Is Anyone Else Fed Up With Stanley?

:engsmil: Is it just me or do you not get fed up, when you look through the posts the day after Stanley have played, the attention they receive in
print amazes me, if all these pundits paid to watch them the ground would
be packed every match.:engsmil:
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2006, 11:51   #2
I am Banned

Re: Is Anyone Else Fed Up With Stanley?

Errrrrr in a word ....NO LOL

Stanley is a huge part of the furum as its our local footy team thats doing great so it should be supported locally as after all its a big part of Accrington
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 11:52   #3
God Member

name another thing in accy that puts the towns name on the map???
Old 27-08-2006, 12:04   #4
Resting in Peace

I'd start packing now Ianto.W >>>> can't win with this one. Used to annoy me a little trying to mow yer' way through all the threads at weekend to find a general chat which gets pushed off the board on Today's Posts.

Seems to be the nucleus of the members though and and keeps the site active, and difficult to find new topics for general chat, nostalgia, etc., which hasn't been done before.

Amazing though, isn't it, how many things they find to talk about before and after a match ? Analyse just about everything from the beer to goal nets.

Not interested in football myself, but if I were, would definitaly support our local team. There, that's kept me in the good books.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 12:10   #5
I am Banned

Just bypass it katex by clicking general chat then brings up just the latest general threads if the stanley threads take over
Old 27-08-2006, 12:14   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Just bypass it katex by clicking general chat then brings up just the latest general threads if the stanley threads take over
Oh yeh, never thought of doing that .. what a dummy I am
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 12:21   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Oh yeh, never thought of doing that .. what a dummy I am

You can do that with other forum threads like anything goes etc ...hehehehe least you know now
Old 27-08-2006, 12:28   #8
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
I'd start packing now Ianto.W >>>> can't win with this one. Used to annoy me a little trying to mow yer' way through all the threads at weekend to find a general chat which gets pushed off the board on Today's Posts.

Seems to be the nucleus of the members though and and keeps the site active, and difficult to find new topics for general chat, nostalgia, etc., which hasn't been done before.

Amazing though, isn't it, how many things they find to talk about before and after a match ? Analyse just about everything from the beer to goal nets.

Not interested in football myself, but if I were, would definitaly support our local team. There, that's kept me in the good books.
They dont
miss a kick must have amazing memory banks , regards Ianto.:engsmil:
Old 27-08-2006, 12:35   #9
God Member

Quote:
I think its a valid question for non stanley supporters who use the latest/today quick links.. but you posted it in here with the intention of winding up stanley fans as well

Thread now moved.. this all should be removed

Last edited by KIPAX; 27-08-2006 at 13:20.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 12:43   #10
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
This question seems to be aimed at non stanley fans... So why is it posted in a stanley forum.. You know your not going to get anything but scorn in here.. you should have posted it in general chat and it should be moved to there..

I think its a valid question for non stanley supporters who use the latest/today quick links.. but you posted it in here with the intention of winding up stanley fans as well

Bad karma left accordingly.
:engsmil: Your dead right I droped a huge
clanger, how do I get it moved? Regards Ianto.W. :engsmil:
Old 27-08-2006, 16:26   #11
God Member

You can create a bookmark that does the 'Todays posts' but excludes all teh Stanley forum. I did it for Julie. I'll post the link later

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 17:15   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W.
:engsmil: Is it just me or do you not get fed up, when you look through the posts the day after Stanley have played, the attention they receive in
print amazes me, if all these pundits paid to watch them the ground would
be packed every match.:engsmil:
Instead of whinging, why don't you come and watch them? And don't give me that garbage about not being interested in football...lots of non-footy fans have come along to Stanley and found that watching their LOCAL team is a completely different experience.

Even if you don't, I wouldn't get too fed up with them. They're the best thing that's happened to Accrington for many a long year.

You miserable sod!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 27-08-2006 at 17:21.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 21:03   #13
Resting in peace

:engsmil:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Instead of whinging, why don't you come and watch them? And don't give me that garbage about not being interested in football...lots of non-footy fans have come along to Stanley and found that watching their LOCAL team is a completely different experience.

Even if you don't, I wouldn't get too fed up with them. They're the best thing that's happened to Accrington for many a long year.

You miserable sod!
:engsmil: Personal attacks come easy
hideing behind a keyboard, would you have had the bottle to post a thread that would provoke adverse karma.
If all you have to offer is that, there would be nothing to discuss! Get off my case and start your own :Mickey Mouse" thread.
Old 27-08-2006, 21:22   #14
Super Moderator

Why does it take "bottle" to start a thread that provokes adverse karma? Or does karma mean that much to you? After all you're "hideing (sic) behind a keyboard" just as much as I am.

Anyway, to get back to the point of your post. Stanley are dear to the hearts of many people that post on here. So it's obvious that there will be a lot of posts about them, especially after a match.

Your whinging about it is mean-spirited and petty. Stanley have brought a great deal of positive publicity to this town in recent years and deserve all the support they can get.

I take it you've never been to a match. I advise you to make a visit in the near future. You may well find it an enjoyable experience - many on this site who previously had no interest in football have done so and returned again and again.
Old 27-08-2006, 21:59   #15
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Why does it take "bottle" to start a thread that provokes adverse karma? Or does karma mean that much to you? After all you're "hideing (sic) behind a keyboard" just as much as I am.

Anyway, to get back to the point of your post. Stanley are dear to the hearts of many people that post on here. So it's obvious that there will be a lot of posts about them, especially after a match.

Your whinging about it is mean-spirited and petty. Stanley have brought a great deal of positive publicity to this town in recent years and deserve all the support they can get.

I take it you've never been to a match. I advise you to make a visit in the near future. You may well find it an enjoyable experience - many on this site who previously had no interest in football have done so and returned again and again.
I said it once get off my case go and watch
Stockport if thats all you have to do, and stop whingeing. Normal people
can't afford footballers wages,this thread was posted with the intention
of provoking decent replies, :we all know where you stand:

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..