Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 05:05   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Question james street club ossy?

whats happening with that? its a hugh place shame to let it go to ruin just like the palladium!!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:06   #2
Senior Member+

Re: james street club ossy?

Its been closed for a good few months now,it was owned by the same people that had 'The Oaklea' which its self changed hands not long ago.Not sure whats happening with the James st though,it is a shame to let the building go to rott.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:48   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
Its been closed for a good few months now,it was owned by the same people that had 'The Oaklea' which its self changed hands not long ago.Not sure whats happening with the James st though,it is a shame to let the building go to rott.
heard yesterday the oaklea was now closed? anyone know the score? was to idle to start another thread so as it was the same owners as james st,i linked it.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:25   #4
Resting in Peace

Not sure whether present owners bought James Street, sure we will find out, but according to the planning application Oaklea is to go from being a club to a public house with erection of a front porch, raised terrace, conservatory and alterations to side entrance. Passing it the other day, can see this work has already begun.

P.S. Hope ya' had a good holiday ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 15:10   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Not sure whether present owners bought James Street, sure we will find out, but according to the planning application Oaklea is to go from being a club to a public house with erection of a front porch, raised terrace, conservatory and alterations to side entrance. Passing it the other day, can see this work has already begun.

P.S. Hope ya' had a good holiday ..
its going to be a carvery with a beeer garden
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 15:14   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley
its going to be a carvery with a beeer garden

What Oaklea or James Street ? Well, still a public house... hey, love a carvery.

Would think if they bought both properties, would be viable to get Oaklea going first to then have the funding for James Street, however, only speculation. No planning applications for this yet as I can see, so Panther we will just have to wait.
Old 12-11-2006, 15:21   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
What Oaklea or James Street ? Well, still a public house... hey, love a carvery.

Would think if they bought both properties, would be viable to get Oaklea going first to then have the funding for James Street, however, only speculation. No planning applications for this yet as I can see, so Panther we will just have to wait.
sorry.its the oaklea. im looking forward to it and trying out the food. dont know about james street...
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 16:54   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

carvery sounds ok to me,will give it a spin when it opens, ehh just thought they will probably ask me to open it. an yes ta katex had a great time.
Old 12-11-2006, 17:47   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
carvery sounds ok to me,will give it a spin when it opens, ehh just thought they will probably ask me to open it.
Why ? Cause of what you spent there in the past maybe ?

Sounds like a good place for Christmas meal too. Will watch this space.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..