Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 09:34   #31
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Local schools could close

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'erindoors View Post
Shauna went to Rhyddings for her 1st two years at high school. She was proper bullied there. I did everything I could but the school diddn't back us up at all. The 'bully' in Shauna's eyes, was the one who needed the help as she was obviously going through something that made her like she was. Unfortunatly for Shauna though, she was MADE to feel like a victim and was often put in the support suit. She felt isolated and therefore the problem wasn't resolved. I moved all my children to Moorhead because of this.

Gail xxxx
agree with ya there, bullies do need help!

Thankfully my daughter has never been bullied, or been a bully...for a start, it would have finished before it started...im very protective of my kids, they mess with them, they mess with me!!

hope ya daughter is doing ok now....no kid should go through that
Old 11-06-2008, 09:38   #32

She's doing great ta, got a good head on her shoulders thank goodness.

Gail xxxx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:36   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Just heard on the news that the worst schools are being given 3 years to 'turn themselves around' - (putting my school governor head on for a minute) I sometimes think the powers that be have absolutely no idea what happens in some of our schools and the problems they are up against.
I agree with you Willow, its a load of BALLS, Ed Balls that is, he is o education that Bernard Manning was to hang gliding
Old 11-06-2008, 11:10   #34
Senior Member+

The Academy Is More Than A Name Change !

As from September 2008. Accrington Moorhead will ceast to exist and a new academy called the Accrington Academy, will take over.

The Academy is highly controversial as it is run by a seperate company - ULT (United Learning Trust) and they recieve all the normal funding off the government and are able to 'attract' more funding though the means of sponsorships. Also as an idependant school they can just 'kick' pupils out and keep all the money paid for them by the government in which currently a state school has to pay back. Also as i said early the school can 'hand pick' 10% of the pupils.

The majority of there academys take years to plan and be given the go-ahead due to local people protesting etc. However this one seems to have been agreed and hands shaken in less than a year.

Pupils will not be required to attend till they are 18. However they are building a new A-Level Six Form on site, in which current pupils and pupils from surrounding schools may attend.

The uniform for the new academy looks like Norden's and in my opinion is utterly disqusting.

For more information check out the main site ; http://www.ult.org.uk/
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:13   #35

Ahh!, I've been searching for that, cheers hun.

Gail xxxx

Old 12-06-2008, 07:19   #36
God Member

It will all be in some way saving money! Except for parents, for whom it is likely to cost more.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:25   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I shouldn't think so, The Acadamy just meens you can stay on untill you're 18 and there will be alot more courses available for the students.
It's better than the Acadamy that St Christophers wanted to open, (I think), because they were going to be a bit more fussy who to let in, shall we say, those that are a bit more academic than the average joe. At least here they're giving everyone a chance.

Gail xxxx
Its not about being more academic to go to St Christophers, its about attending church with your parents on a regular basis.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:42   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Its not about being more academic to go to St Christophers, its about attending church with your parents on a regular basis.
wasn't on about the school itself hun, was on about the Acadamy they wanted to build, which was refused.

Gail xxxx

Old 12-06-2008, 13:12   #39

Thing is St.Chris' does get the better results but I do think that is simply because they have more gifted pupils go... these people who would get A*'s anywhere... I'd say the best value-added school in the area is Hollins
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 18:49   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
wasn't on about the school itself hun, was on about the Acadamy they wanted to build, which was refused.

Gail xxxx
No St.Christophers wanted to build a sixth form, Much different from an academy.

Quote:
fI'd say the best value-added school in the area is Hollins
actually its moorhead top 3 in lancashire.
Old 13-06-2008, 09:47   #41

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/..._may_be_closed

And you say Moorhead is in the top 3??

I don't get it!!

Last edited by 'erindoors; 13-06-2008 at 09:51.
Old 13-06-2008, 09:52   #42
God Member

I had a glimpse of the new academy uniform in the Telegraph last night

Might be me not seeing it properly but it doesn't look much different from the one they have now
Old 13-06-2008, 16:02   #43
Senior Member+

Value added is the results from yr 6 taken into account with the results from yr 11.
Old 13-06-2008, 16:24   #44

Hope they dont close. Only reason we send them there is for abit of peace.
Old 13-06-2008, 17:05   #45

Quote:
Shauna went to Rhyddings for her 1st two years at high school. She was proper bullied there. I did everything I could but the school diddn't back us up at all. The 'bully' in Shauna's eyes, was the one who needed the help as she was obviously going through something that made her like she was. Unfortunatly for Shauna though, she was MADE to feel like a victim and was often put in the support suit. She felt isolated and therefore the problem wasn't resolved. I moved all my children to Moorhead because of this.

Gail xxxx
i had 4 boys at rhyddings one has just lefted , im not being funny but some of the teachers there bully kids , im sendin my 2 youngest to montcarmel,( sorry about the spelling )
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..