Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2004, 13:44   #1
Senior Member+

Local Taxi Number Please..............

Taking the better half out tonight for a meal & am looking for a local (accrington) taxi number thats reliable.

thanks.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2004, 14:25   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Try Bash Cars tel 396000 or 301201, they are based under the railway bridge at the bottom of Whalley Rd, alternatively Bettys (Rishton) 888888, both these firms have always been reliable for me in the past.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2004, 14:30   #3
Senior Member+

thanks Lettie, phoned & booked for tonight !

The wife knows she's being taken out but doesnt know where !
so she has gone out to get her hair done thus giving me peace & quiet to listen to the radio via the internet !
thanks.
Old 21-02-2004, 14:36   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Great stuff, enjoy your night out.
Old 22-02-2004, 20:31   #5

Hope you had a nice night last night Glasgow Guy, did you go anywhere nice and would you recommend it?
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2004, 21:13   #6
Senior Member+

hope you had a good night out matey and that the hairdo to go with it did not cost an arm and a leg
Old 22-02-2004, 21:14   #7
Senior Member+

I had a table booked at the 'Agra' in hapton, fantastic meal we had and it wasnt that expensive either - it came to about £60 for the both of us drinks included , which I think is pretty reasonable for a good night out.

And yes I would recommend and I am not the greatest fan of Indian food - Italian on the other hand... if your ever in glasgow I will tell you exactly where to go !!
Old 22-02-2004, 21:17   #8
Senior Member+

you know mick, I wasnt actually told how much it cost !!, part me not asking and her not saying !! so I think that tells the story - but she looks lovely with her short hair - and she is happy and thats good enough for me !
Old 23-02-2004, 10:12   #9
Senior Member+

What more can you ask for then eh matey?Keep them satisfied and they ask no questions
Old 23-02-2004, 12:16   #10
Senior Member+

Yeah I know & they say men are thick - tell them what they want to hear and they are happy !!

anything for a quiet & easy life.
Old 23-02-2004, 13:20   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

Glad you had a good night, had a few nice meals at Agra in the past and it's reasonably priced. Us ladies never admit to the cost of hair do's, make-up, or clothing as it's not worth the hassle. I would knock at least a fiver off the cost of a cut, when telling my other half, a colour deserves to be knocked down by a tenner (and he still used to exclaim "HOW MUCH") If I spent £50 on clothing I would tell him £30 and if I spent £50 on make-up, moisturiser, perfume etc I would admit to £20. Cushions the blow, and we never admit how much we've spent on shoes, unless they were a real bargain.
Old 23-02-2004, 21:28   #12
Senior Member+

Thank you Lettie i will remember that one , for when the wife next goes shopping.She always says i look about 36 so i presume she means 45 if your theory is right

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..