Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2004, 07:02   #1

Royal Fever

The Observer tells me that "Royal Fever is sweeping the town" -- or words to that effect.
Just wonder how many of you are feeling feverish.
I feel alright at the moment -- what about you ?
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2004, 07:14   #2

Guess I should have added for the benefit of those who haven`t seen the article that Prince Andrew is visiting shortly to open some organisation in the town.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2004, 14:27   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Not feeling the slightest bit feverish, well nothing a cup of coffee and biscuit wouldn't cure. Have no interest in the Royal family, so highly doubt I'll be turning up on the day.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2004, 17:23   #4
Senior Member+

Prince Andrew and NLTG

No doubt sad little me will be somewhere around, with my trusty camera!
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2004, 21:15   #5
Senior Member+

As far as i am concerned, it should be abolished.Royal family nowaydays.Uncalled for in this day and age.Only my opinion.
Old 23-02-2004, 12:40   #6
God Member

Duke of York in Accy?

This is exciting! Could someone please let me know the exact date when he's paying his visit so that I can turn up & cheer him on as he exits from his car. I might even buy myself a new digital camera so that I can record this historic event & post them all over the Accyweb site, no doubt to great applause from all of you on here....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2004, 14:54   #7
Senior Member+

Would'nt be being a touch sarcastic there, eh! Tealeaf.lol
Old 23-02-2004, 17:44   #8
Accy Goddess

Count Me out.
I wont be turning up to cheer him on thats for sure.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2004, 21:26   #9
Senior Member+

Would turn up to cheer him out of Accy and that would be about it.Would bring an instrument to blow on too.Trumpet or something.Believe i have one that was made in Padiham if you follow my drift
Old 24-02-2004, 07:58   #10
God Member

My Tent

Could someone please advise me where would be the best place to pitch my tent for the forthcoming Royal Visit of H.R.H the Duke of York? I anticipate being there a week in advance and will be putting my tent up on the pavement close to where he steps out. Depending on how many likewise souls there are, I hope to be at the front of the anticipated vast crowd, cheering him on.
Naturally, I would'nt like anyone to trip over the guy ropes - so please be careful! It would also be nice to have the facility to use a loo & get a refill for my thermos flask.
Which of you Accy Webbers can point me to the right spot?
Old 24-02-2004, 09:44   #11
Senior Member+

Tealeaf you are a serious headcas mate, but i will have to admit that you make me laugh my b***s off.
Old 24-02-2004, 10:11   #12
God Member

I forgot to ask...

..Where can I buy those little Union Jack Flags to wave? (You know the ones that are made in China)
Old 25-02-2004, 07:35   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
..Where can I buy those little Union Jack Flags to wave? (You know the ones that are made in China)
I think they still sell them on the Isle of Dogs
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2004, 01:33   #14
Apprentice Geriatric

It seems that everyone has said what I would like to say so I’m pleased to see that Accrington is not populated with forelock tugging sycophants. I have a message for this Andrew chappie. Your ancestors stole land from my ancestors. I would like it back now.

By the way Tealeaf when the Union Flag is flown from the jackstaff (that’s the mast at the pointed end) of a British warship it is called a Union Jack, otherwise it is known as the Union Flag.
Old 29-02-2004, 08:23   #15
Senior Member+

Stole, stole.I think not kind Sir, Normally i would say that your land was won over in a major battle like 25% of the Earths land mass at one time.Sorry mate, no offence meant but English and proud of it.Long live the Common Wealth and its flagstaffs

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..