Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 22:13   #1
Senior Member+

Lucky or Not?

I've never been one of the lucky ones. I can buy raffle tickets or lottery tickets and I just don't win a thing. Bargains are another thing that seem to pass me by.

Apartments usually come furnished here in Tenerife and the new owner always needs to get rid of something but I'm normally the one who misses the offers. Until yesterday that is.

I've been spreading the word for ages (like four years!) that I would like a small freezer. One of those that's about the size of a fridge. Joan, an Accy lass, appeared on messenger and said she knew of one which had to be collected asap. I now have a lovely Whirlpool jobbie which is in perfect condition, and for free! Just need the spare dosh to fill it now!

Are you lucky or not?

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2007, 22:39   #2
God Member

Re: Lucky or Not?

No not in the least lucky, even stopped doing the lottery cause felt like a waste of money. Sounds like you did alright with the fridge though!!
Old 04-11-2007, 22:56   #3
Passed away 25-11-09

It comes in short bursts with me. It was 12 years ago I won the IR Sports Association Lottery, which had only existed 3 months, 1st prize - I won £5,000. In the same week I won the office competition to name the new building we were moving into - £25 of M & S vouchers - and won £120 on the National Lottery. Three years ago I won the office Bonus Ball sweep, 2 weeks running - total £100, won another £200 on the IRSA Lottery and a case of wine in a raffle, all within 2 months. Last Friday I won £9.80 on the Euromillions Lottery (I rarely buy a ticket for that) so I'm hoping it's the start of another lucky run.
Old 04-11-2007, 23:00   #4

I count myself lucky. I have more than a lot of folk and less than others...but I'm happy Now if you are asking "are you a jammy git" then No. My bloody bro in law is tho, he only has to look at a bandit and it drops. Lucky dips....he wins more than his share. Whatever he seems to do, he wins...I flippin hate him. Dont really, he's a crackin lad
Old 04-11-2007, 23:03   #5
Give, give, give member

Well done June.

I guess I am fairly lucky. I always seem to win a prize if I buy a raffle ticket. The funniest thing I ever won was a five foot high teddy bear from Harrod's, when I bought a raffle ticket at an AID's hospice in Brighton.

I decided to stuff the big ****** in a box and post him up from London, rather than buy a ticket for him on the train with me. It would have been too shameful.

My two year old nephew, whom I gave the said bear to, was frightened to death by him, and he now lives in the attic, unloved and forgotten.

I think I'll go and rescue him tomorrow.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 00:29   #6

i do the lotto and buy the odd scratch card but dont win anything so id say im not a lucky person.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:48   #7
Resident Waffler

We usually see things in the sale at half the price we paid for them the week before. If we're in a hurry every traffic light is red. So when something lucky happens it comes as a very pleasant surprise.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:22   #8
Resting in Peace

Endorse what Bonnyboy is saying re. lucky with my life, however, this isn't what this thread is about is it.

Did win enough on the lottery 18 months ago which enabled me to go on a Mediterranean cruise... gosh, that was a great experience.

Won the odd raffle prize, and when I was in my teens, to my disappointment won a ton of logs!! Was not a disappointment to my Mum, as we had open fires then and she was thrilled to bits... she was only angry at me because it was a raffle run by the Conservative party ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:25   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
she was only angry at me because it was a raffle run by the Conservative party ..
Lol, that reminds me, when I was about seven, I won Ted Heath's tie on the tombola at White Ash School's summer fete, and my Dad made me throw it on the fire.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:41   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Lol, that reminds me, when I was about seven, I won Ted Heath's tie on the tombola at White Ash School's summer fete, and my Dad made me throw it on the fire.
How cruel, didn't have any effect though, never stopped you from making shirts for the famous later in life . presume you had one or two clients that you weren't fond of .. but business is business as they say ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:52   #11

i put a football bet on at weekend and lost again.
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:54   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjdallen View Post
i put a football bet on at weekend and lost again.
Lost AGAIN?

Time to stop betting, Lol.
Old 05-11-2007, 14:30   #13

Never been very lucky.........but I do seem to get my fair share of bargains, so can't complain.
Old 05-11-2007, 18:08   #14

If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 18:19   #15
Senior Member+

I never win on the Lottery. I win on scratch cards the odd time, ive won £67 on one before now. But thats about it.

The only thing I do seem to win on is quizzes and thats not really luck it because i'm soooooooo brainy (its actually because I know so much useless information!!)
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..