Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 10:55   #1
mez
God Member

mobile phones?

HELP please im confused, i want to go on monthly contract , but do not know which network is the best , im on virgin at the minuet, pay- as - you- go & am fed up keep topping up. please help.
Accrington Web
Old 01-03-2005, 11:00   #2

Re: mobile phones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
HELP please im confused, i want to go on monthly contract , but do not know which network is the best , im on virgin at the minuet, pay- as - you- go & am fed up keep topping up. please help.
depends if you txt message a lot or make calls but orange do some pretty good offers with free minutes etc and ive found there customer service the best
Old 01-03-2005, 11:02   #3

I'm on Orange pay as you go,I don't use the phone all the time,My brother Digsy is on Orange and pays monthly he thinks it's a good network,your best off getting one that most of your mates and family are on as going from one firm to the next can be expensive,good luck!
wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:10   #4
God Member

Check what network coverage is like in the areas you will use the phone. Up Bash only Orange gets a decent signal. I've been with Orange since 96 and haven't had any problems at all.

As Wayne also says, X network calls can be very expensive so try and stick with what network friends and family are on.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:11   #5
Senior Member+

I only have Orange because the company pays the phone bill. Orange has patchy coverage down here in the South East.

If I had the choice I would not go for Orange!

If you can, you want to try and find a shop that is completely independent. Places like The Link (Dixons) may sell phones for all networks, but they are tied to a particular provider (O2 in this case).

Places like the Carphone Warehouse are independent, so should be able to give you impartial advice.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 14:55   #6
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Don't know if this is any help but virgin do a scheme where you can get billed every month for what you used, but if you sign over to this you cannot go back to pay as you go.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 16:36   #7

i think its either between O2 or t - mobile.probabley t mobile cause you get loads of offers. like i get 200 free texts every year for FREE and my phone isnt on contract either
Old 01-03-2005, 17:30   #8
Len
God Member

I’ve been using Vodafone for the last few years (5 or6) and I haven’t had any problems with the net work. Even some of my friends have actually changed over to Vodafone. Why, I don’t know.
I have been up and down the country even abroad never had a failed signal, unless of coarse I just had a good mobile phone (receiver).

Last edited by Len; 01-03-2005 at 17:32.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 17:55   #9
Senior Member+

I use Virgin and just get charged for what I use by direct debit every month;also have a bundle where you get 200 texts to any network for @ £10 a month.Been with them for about 6 years and wouldn't swap.
Old 01-03-2005, 19:32   #10
mez
God Member

thanks to everyone for your information im still undecided but will let you all know wot & which network i get the best deal from.
Old 01-03-2005, 19:42   #11
Senior Member+

Have a look on the vodafone web site, have been with them for 3 years, signed up on the net, great deals.

100mins free to any network + 50 free texts per month including free phone £15 per month, think the same deal is still on offer but with inflation it's now £18 per month
http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cgi-bin/COUK/arrival.jsp

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 20:25   #12

Try a genie sim card from 02 cost £9.99p. As long as you top up at least £10.00 per month you get 300 free text messages a month. I 've been on it for 3yrs now and saved a fortune over a contract with Orange.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:47   #13
God Member

Don't pay a Tenner for a Genie sim. They give them away every month. I've had at least 20 up to now(They go for ~£2.50 each on Ebay). Orange also occasionally do free sims. Keep an eye in alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains newsgroup. You have to be relatively quick though!
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:20   #14

Didn't Know That Entwisi But Thet Are Worth Having.......
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:54   #15

go for virgin 3p text's to other's on vergin and cheap calls

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..