Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 00:28   #1
Caz
God Member

Snake

Does anyone know what type of snake this is?

Found in my son's house last night when he came home from work!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snake.jpg (31.9 KB, 60 views)
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-03-2005, 00:34   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Snake

l don't know sorry, but it looks massive when you look closely. At first l thought it was a belt coiled up, and was going to say a trouser snake.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:07   #3
Resident Waffler

What did you do with it? Presumably it is someone's escaped pet - or discarded pet if it's grown bigger than they expected. Sometimes people can be very irresponsisble when it comes to aquiring exotic species. The colours look a bit pythony.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:20   #4

flipin ek wat did you do? sorry i can't help with it's ID
Old 01-03-2005, 10:22   #5
God Member

Hi cazzer, we used to keep a few different breeds of snakes and without being able to see its head and its size against a ruler or something similar we can't ID it for deff bit it looks like a python, mabe a rainbow or a carpet python.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:50   #6
Caz
God Member

Tinkerbelle, its not as big as it looks from the pic, about ten inches long. Dont know about the head as i havent seen it myself. He'll prob ring the RSPCA for advice on what to do with it if he doesnt hear of anyone losing one in the area by the end of today.

Not a good idea to advertise if anyones lost one I dont think. Quite possibly it might have been discarded as someone said. But we wouldn't want just anyone trying to claim it who it doesnt belong to and who doesnt know how to look after it.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:55   #7
Len
God Member

I have made the pic a bit brighter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snakea.jpg (28.5 KB, 37 views)
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:55   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer
Tinkerbelle, its not as big as it looks from the pic, about ten inches long. Dont know about the head as i havent seen it myself. He'll prob ring the RSPCA for advice on what to do with it if he doesnt hear of anyone losing one in the area by the end of today.

Not a good idea to advertise if anyones lost one I dont think. Quite possibly it might have been discarded as someone said. But we wouldn't want just anyone trying to claim it who it doesnt belong to and who doesnt know how to look after it.
No not a good idea to advertise it. If he's new to the house an ex resident may hav lost it. They can live a long time without food. We lost one of our Ball Pythons for about a month, if not longer and just presumed he was dead but found it in a drawer was just really hungry when we found him.

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 01-03-2005 at 12:02.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:58   #9
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Hi cazzer, we used to keep a few different breeds of snakes and without being able to see its head and its size against a ruler or something similar we can't ID it for deff bit it looks like a python, mabe a rainbow or a carpet python.
I would agree with Tinkerbelle it looks like Jungle Carpet Python (Morelia cheynei). Have you still got it?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:58   #10
Caz
God Member

No hes not new to the house, been there a year or so. It was just there when he got home from work last night, so how it got in I've no idea!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:59   #11
Caz
God Member

Unless that is some idiot decided to discard it by shoving it through any old letterbox!
Old 01-03-2005, 12:01   #12
Member.

Quote:
No hes not new to the house, been there a year or so. It was just there when he got home from work last night, so how it got in I've no idea!
Hello cazzer have a look at this link see what you think.
http://www.a1pythons.com/jungle.html

or this one?

http://gaia-bio.co.uk/ecorep/25.htm

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 01-03-2005 at 12:03.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:01   #13
Caz
God Member

Quote:
I would agree with Tinkerbelle it looks like Jungle Carpet Python (Morelia cheynei). Have you still got it?
My son has, at least till tonight anyway, he doesnt live with me so i havent seen it myself yet.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:05   #14
God Member

Quote:
Unless that is some idiot decided to discard it by shoving it through any old letterbox!
Has he asked his neighbours if it's theirs, you'd be surprised were they can get to?
Old 01-03-2005, 12:23   #15
God Member

A few of my friends have tasted snake, and apparently it's very similar to Chicken. If you cut it's head and tail off, slice it down the middle & remove the innards, then skin it, you've got the basis for several interesting recipes.

Here's one I just made up:

ACCY SNAKE CON-CARNI:

You need:

1 medium snake, any variety, head & tailed, skinned, cleaned and chopped into 1/2 inch lengths
1 onion
2 oz chilli powder
1 can kidney beans
8 oz other mixed beans
4 "scotch bonnet" chillis, well chopped
half pint of bitter ale

Chuck yer snake bits into a pan with good greek first press virgin olive oil and brown for ten minutes. Meanwhile, in a seperate pan, chuck in all the beans and the ale, and warm up. Keep on a low light. Go back to the snake and add the chilli powder, chillis and onions and cook until onions begin to carmalise. Transfer to pan with beans, then cover, bring to boil and then simmer for an hour. Serve with simple fried rice or crusty french bread.

YUMMY-YUMMY

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..