Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2009, 07:49   #1
Junior Member+

Talking my 5 year old llergic to macdonalds

my 5 year old boy loves macdonalds but realsisd that everytime we go which is every week, he gets a itchy rah for 2 days down his back. he doesny undertand that we cant go anymore and it breaks my heart to see him missing out. any suggestions how to get round this problem and any experts out there who n suggest what it is in mac dons food that cauuses this? he always ate happy meal with cheeseburger. tried to convert him to kfc but no luck!!

:d ummy2: :d ummy:
JUICY RED APPLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2009, 09:43   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: my 5 year old allergic to mcdonalds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICY RED APPLE View Post
my 5 year old boy loves macdonalds but realsisd that everytime we go which is every week, he gets a itchy rah for 2 days down his back. he doesny undertand that we cant go anymore and it breaks my heart to see him missing out. any suggestions how to get round this problem and any experts out there who n suggest what it is in mac dons food that cauuses this? he always ate happy meal with cheeseburger. tried to convert him to kfc but no luck!!

:d ummy2: :d ummy:
It could be a case of trial and error, maybe its the cheese or the Berger itself, or the drink if he had one, surely he won't be allergic to everything served in Mcdonalds
Old 30-09-2009, 13:08   #3

Re: my 5 year old llergic to macdonalds

It could be the cheese, cos my daughter was the same with mcdonalds cheeseburgers. But she can eat cheese slices from anywhere else and it doesn't bother her. Switch to nuggets then he can enjoy his mcdonalds again.
vicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 14:08   #4
God Member

i would say sesame seeds on the bun but i dont think cheese burgers have them do they
Old 30-09-2009, 14:11   #5
God Member

Some cheese is imitation cheese
What is Imitation Cheese?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 14:48   #6
Senior Member+

Only one solution. Stop stuffing that ****e down into ya kids mouth only teasing. But, Mcdonalds food is so full of additives, in the 1000's i am lead to believe that it surprises me that i don't hear more stories of allergies like this one.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 15:41   #7
God Member

Every cloud has a silver lining.................staying away from junk like this won`t do any harm......our little `uns get McD`s (or something similar) as a `treat` about every 6 months.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 16:11   #8
Senior Member+

when i was a kid we used to have chippy for treat on fridays from the infamous lister street chippy..
Old 01-10-2009, 19:55   #9
Beacon of light

I think you should be glad he has an allergy to some ingredient in that meal.
It is a good reason for him not to have them, and it wouldn't break my heart.......I would be glad to give the child a legitimate excuse for not buying this rubbish......and getting him onto healthy home cooked food.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 20:24   #10
Passed away 25-11-09

Every now and again I get the urge to eat a cheeseburger but I don't rush off to MacDonalds. I make burgers with minced beef, onions, breadcrumbs and egg yolk and freeze them. When I want one I thaw it then pop it in the George Foreman and stick a Warburton's seeded bun in the lid bit. It all goes together with a Kraft cheese slice and a bit of tomato relish and it's lovely. Now, please tell me what a MacDonald's burger has that my burger doesn't (apart from dried-up bits and grease)?
Old 01-10-2009, 20:33   #11
God Member

yep I agree with majority , you should be pleased that your lad is allergic to this rubbish .

You can compensate it by making your own happy (healthy) meal up for him and getting a little surprise toy for him to go with it.

Every thing MD has you can make at home for less and it do him more good.
Then take him to the park for the excersise so that he cant moan about not going out

I used to take our grandson there but then realised we had more fun going to the park or the beach then coming back here and letting him help me make something.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 21:06   #12
Senior Member+

Ingredients that go into mcdoanlds 'big mac'

Burger : 100% Pure Beef. No additives, fillers, binders, preservatives or flavour enhancers. Just pure forequarter and flank. A little salt and pepper is added to season after cooking.

the bun : Wheat Flour, Water, Sugar, Yeast, Sesame Seeds, Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed), Salt, Wheat Fibre, Soya Flour, Emulsifiers (Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Mono- and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate), Palm Oil, Preservative (Calcium Propionate), Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid).

The mac sauce > Water, Vegetable Oil (Soya Oil), Gherkins, Sugar, Spirit Vinegar, Modified Maize Starch, Free Range Egg Yolk, Mustard Seed, Salt, Acetic Acid, High-fructose Corn Syrup, Mustard Flour, Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Natural Flavourings, Firming Agent (Calcium Chloride), Dried Garlic, Spice, Colour (Paprika Extract).

The cheese : Vegetarian Cheddar Cheese (55%), Water, Butter, Whey Powder, Milk Proteins, Natural Cheese Flavouring, Emulsifying Salts (Trisodium Citrate, Diphosphates, Polyphosphates), Salt, Preservative (Sorbic Acid), Colour (Natural Carotenes, Paprika Extract).

Dill pickles : Cucumbers, Water, Salt, Vinegar, Dill Pickle Blends (contains Gum Arabic, Extractives of Dill and other spices, Extractives of Turmeric), Calcium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.
Old 01-10-2009, 21:12   #13
Beacon of light

Well for all their protestations by MacDonalds about additives and whatever.......it is still junk food....and expensive at that. KFC is no better........you can make much healthier meals at home for a fraction of the cost.....and if Juicy Red Apple wants to ensure her child has a treat of some kind, then a trip to the swings(free) usually is welcomed by all the five year olds I have ever known.
Old 01-10-2009, 21:17   #14
Senior Member+

i think mcdonalds had their asses kicked in the past, I heard there was a lot more addictives in their food a few years ago. After eating from mcdonalds i have doubts of it being 100% beef. Still go from time to time in the morning early... sausage and egg mcmuffin is the only thing they do that tastes good
Old 01-10-2009, 21:24   #15
Beacon of light

The only time I have ever had MacDonalds was In Spain, and even then I had the garden Salad.
I make my own burgers......out of steak.......I don't use breadcrumbs or beaten egg, just seasoning and a dollop of mustard.......I don't use seeded buns......but muffins, or oven bottoms......the accompaniments are fried onions and fried tomatoes.....and my husband absolutely loves them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..