Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2008, 23:35   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: nuisance neighbours

a good way to seek solace from people who play loud music late at night, is to cast the first stone - right through the livin room window- they won't hear it.
Old 28-05-2008, 23:40   #47

i have tried,,,the cops just said well he's a lonely guy maybe he needs company,,i rent so they are not my trees,, the landlord said about the same thing as the cops did and the trees are still laying on the ground,,,i live alone now its really getting to me,,its creepy

Tracy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 23:43   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy J View Post
i have tried,,,the cops just said well he's a lonely guy maybe he needs company,,i rent so they are not my trees,, the landlord said about the same thing as the cops did and the trees are still laying on the ground,,,i live alone now its really getting to me,,its creepy
Keep a log of everything he does and as for the music ring the council about it. Has your landlord no other properties that you can transfer to????
Old 28-05-2008, 23:49   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Keep a log of everything he does and as for the music ring the council about it. Has your landlord no other properties that you can transfer to????
shes in canada Bernie, dont know how things work oer yon.
Old 28-05-2008, 23:57   #50

my landlord just has the one house,,im staying with my boys for a couple of days so i can think what i should do,,its stressful he has put dog crap all over my front door with a note saying he will get me out of town,,i called the cops that time too the cop said he couldn't tell what the note said,,i have only lived in the town for less than a year and i think i better just leave,,i just dont know were to go

Tracy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 23:59   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
shes in canada Bernie, dont know how things work oer yon.
Just noticed that
Old 29-05-2008, 00:00   #52
God Member

Quote:
my landlord just has the one house,,im staying with my boys for a couple of days so i can think what i should do,,its stressful he has put dog crap all over my front door with a note saying he will get me out of town,,i called the cops that time too the cop said he couldn't tell what the note said,,i have only lived in the town for less than a year and i think i better just leave,,i just dont know were to go
The disgusting dirty git hope you get sorted, most importantly stay safe
Old 29-05-2008, 00:47   #53
God Member

Quote:
my neighbor sucks too he just put up a satellite dish up right in front of my only living room window,,this winter he wouldnt let me park in the driveway he would park sideways so i would have park on the street,, one night i parked there anyway and blocked him in the next day he took a chain saw to the trees in my yard,,hes a big guy and its like he can do what ever he likes,,he also plays really bad music loud,,

Shame your not in this country. I would be suggesting after reading this thread to the end parking your car sideways too only on his flower bed, and the dog crap would be picked up and smeared all over his windows.

I rent my home from a private landlord too but I also pay damn good moiney for it and wouldnt take no crap from no neighbours, I am as good as the next person and if my neighbours want to act like animals even though they own their own home, then I would be treating them like so..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 14:45   #54
Loz

I have had a problem with a noisy neighbour for a couple of years now.
I complained to the council and was told to keep a log of every disturbance,times etc.. and logged about five of them at the council,i also called the police 3 times and they said they would send somebody to fit a decibel meter but nobody ever came despite numerous phone calls.
I tried talking to him which was useless,ended up in a big argument with him and his girlfriend who hit me!
He is still here and has calmed down somewhat but it is still a problem from time to time.
Ironically he works for the enviromental health department at the council so i'm probably onto a loser anyway!
Old 30-05-2008, 17:42   #55

Have you tried recording him? If it works you could always report him to his bosses via a letter telling them you have taped evidence. If you log each occasion with the police too you could build up a case against him.

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 19:03   #56
God Member

Record him on your fone and play it back to him at the council office where he works, should have some kind of impact!
Old 30-05-2008, 20:26   #57

This sounds like typical male sexism to me, bet he wouldnt behave like that if you had a 6ft 6inch tall rugby player around. Can you borrow one from someone?
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 02:30   #58
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
This sounds like typical male sexism to me, bet he wouldnt behave like that if you had a 6ft 6inch tall rugby player around. Can you borrow one from someone?
Lol!
I wish i could! That would wipe the smug smile off his face!
Old 31-07-2010, 01:00   #59
Senior Member+

*bump*

does hyndburn have a late night noise team i can contact them at 2am???

people across the road two weekends now just blasting noise out

called the police and its "not something they deal with anymore"

that'll really make me feel greatful that i'm paying my taxes...

Last edited by Neil; 03-08-2010 at 01:13.
mani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 07:50   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
*bump*

does hyndburn have a late night noise team i can contact them at 2am???

people across the road two weekends now just blasting noise out

called the police and its "not something they deal with anymore"

that'll really make me feel greatful that i'm paying my taxes...

when we had this prob i rang the police and they didnt do much but i found the last time i rang at the end of my teather i just told them that i thought they were taking/dealing drugs.......................................they were round in 10mins!!!

Last edited by Neil; 03-08-2010 at 01:13.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..