Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2010, 08:35   #61
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: nuisance neighbours

Noise Nuisance - Noise Nuisance in Hyndburn

Our Council have the boys for the job, get in touch and let us know how quickly and effectively they deal with your problem Mani.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2010, 09:05   #62
Resting in Peace

Less is right Mani but its not as simple and straight forwards as you'd think, they give to a pack and you have to note down dates times and incidents, before they can take action
Old 31-07-2010, 09:13   #63

Take a look at this, even though it's on the Blackburn council website, it still covers Hyndburn,

Night time noise service : Pollution : Environment and waste : Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council

Hope this helps
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 10:14   #64
Senior Member+

i think people should be allowed a little leeway at weekends to party or whatever, within reason of course.

I've moved into a gable end house, its nice to have only one neighbor to terrorize with my guitar playing
Old 31-07-2010, 10:18   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
i think people should be allowed a little leeway at weekends to party or whatever, within reason of course.

I've moved into a gable end house, its nice to have only one neighbor to terrorize with my guitar playing
Crap the leeway should be given to folk wi kids n the elderly.
Old 31-07-2010, 10:39   #66
Resting in Peace

Quote:

You wouldn't be saying that if you'd have lived in the block of flats where I live, the drunken prat who had an upstairs flat made our lives a misery for 18 months, until he final did a runner before he was kicked out. Its no fun drunks shouting a bawling at 3 and 4 o'clock in a morning virtually every night
Old 31-07-2010, 10:43   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Crap the leeway should be given to folk wi kids n the elderly.
i don't disagree with that, but some people have various ideas to what is loud music. I used to have a neighbor that moaned at me for music and outside the house you couldn't hear it and likely you could perhaps hear it a little through the walls, incident;y he was drunk every time he complained

I don't condone playing loud music and being an ass to all hours of the morning
Old 31-07-2010, 10:47   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You wouldn't be saying that if you'd have lived in the block of flats where I live, the drunken prat who had an upstairs flat made our lives a misery for 18 months, until he final did a runner before he was kicked out. Its no fun drunks shouting a bawling at 3 and 4 o'clock in a morning virtually every night
I often have a few drinks with a few friends and we are drinking till perhaps 3 or 4 in the morning and playing music too, but i have the good sense to keep it down to under low conversation level of sound, you would only be able to hear it if you had a glass to the wall, or perhaps a directional microphone. But it is my experience that some people complain because they still see the light on.

Then again i wouldn't live in a block of flats, certainly not after my experience in that apartment on scaitliffe street.
Old 31-07-2010, 11:11   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I often have a few drinks with a few friends and we are drinking till perhaps 3 or 4 in the morning and playing music too, but i have the good sense to keep it down to under low conversation level of sound, you would only be able to hear it if you had a glass to the wall, or perhaps a directional microphone. But it is my experience that some people complain because they still see the light on.

Then again i wouldn't live in a block of flats, certainly not after my experience in that apartment on scaitcliffe street.
Unfortunately some people have no choice, besides I've live in my present flat for 20 years with no problems until that prat moved in, and most of the disturbance was outside his flat for everybody to here
Old 31-07-2010, 11:19   #70
Senior Member+

the guy was obviously an idiot. Living in flats you would have to have even more consideration for others than you would in a house

How many flats is there in the block? Do you hear when people are walking above you?. The place on scaitliffe street was really bad for that, you would think 100 people where jumping up and down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Unfortunately some people have no choice, besides I've live in my present flat for 20 years with no problems until that prat moved in, and most of the disturbance was outside his flat for everybody to here
Old 31-07-2010, 11:37   #71
God Member

For flat dwellers the use of headphones should be a condition of the tenancy - also carpets with thick underlay, as opposed to that 'trendy' artificial floorboard stuff.

Landlords could reduce the tenant turnover rate if they took sound nuisance more seriously by sound insulating communal stairwells. The bare brick and concrete look amplifies any sound. There are such things as rubber flooring and acoustic wall tiles which would absorb sound in those areas.

PS I have a neighbour who talks to himself, loudly, and stomps up and down the stairwell in boots at all hours of the night. When his door slams, my bed shakes.

Last edited by MargaretR; 31-07-2010 at 11:46.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 12:58   #72
Resting in Peace

Quote:
the guy was obviously an idiot. Living in flats you would have to have even more consideration for others than you would in a house

How many flats is there in the block? Do you hear when people are walking above you?. The place on scaitliffe street was really bad for that, you would think 100 people where jumping up and down
There's only 4 in our block, the flat above has just been re-let, I never heard the previous tenant, was in when I moved in my place 20 years ago, the new tenant is a youngish girl (well younger than me) can't say I hear her either, she had a party the other week but the noise was quite acceptable
Old 31-07-2010, 13:03   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
For flat dwellers the use of headphones should be a condition of the tenancy - also carpets with thick underlay, as opposed to that 'trendy' artificial floorboard stuff.

Landlords could reduce the tenant turnover rate if they took sound nuisance more seriously by sound insulating communal stairwells. The bare brick and concrete look amplifies any sound. There are such things as rubber flooring and acoustic wall tiles which would absorb sound in those areas.

PS I have a neighbour who talks to himself, loudly, and stomps up and down the stairwell in boots at all hours of the night. When his door slams, my bed shakes.
The chap who lived above me Margaret was as deaf as a post, so noise was never a problem, but when he died an I knew other people would be moving in, I decided to get some headphones, in fact I asked entwisi to recommend the best ones which he did, I now use them if I watch TV late at night or early morning
Old 31-07-2010, 14:40   #74
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
When his door slams, my bed shakes.
We all have our fantasies some of us just don't put them on the www.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 19:01   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
We all have our fantasies some of us just don't put them on the www.

Stop it of will you Less, I'm on water tablets already

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..