Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2022, 11:47   #1

Postal services

Following an abysmal interaction with Hermes,involving (their)lies,changing stories,refusal to deliver,return or compensate re present sent, am looking for recommendations for postal services that are reliable but don't cost the earth. There's obviously the post office but does anyone have any experience with/recommendations for others?
Thanks in advance.
Taddys daughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2022, 11:17   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Postal services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddys daughter View Post
Following an abysmal interaction with Hermes,involving (their)lies,changing stories,refusal to deliver,return or compensate re present sent, am looking for recommendations for postal services that are reliable but don't cost the earth. There's obviously the post office but does anyone have any experience with/recommendations for others?
Thanks in advance.
Only reliable service is hand delivery, it can be expensive and time consuming, but hey, you get to see the person the pressie is for.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:35   #3
Beacon of light

I am sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience of Hermes.
I buy a bit of stuff on the internet and I have only had one negative experience with Hermes….and it was sorted very quickly.
WHSmiths are agents for DHL….but I cannot tell you if this is a good service…I haven’t used it.
I hope you get some more helpful suggestions than mine
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 18:20   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I would not adviser anyone to use Hermes very poor.the only safe one is the G.P.O. in our experience go cheaper and thats the service you get.
Old 07-01-2022, 20:36   #5

My mum in law is currently having problems with Hermes.
She ordered a table from create and craft, it was not delivered so got a refund (after mucho hasslo) however now hermes keep trying to deliver it and every time she refuses delivery, then a few days later they try again.

Complete idiots.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 15:57   #6

Never had any problem (yet), with my FedEx Account. It's free, easy to do online. You simply pay only for the items sent. No subscription or anything.
I like how they supply all the Shipping Boxes, Envelopes & Labels etc & collect my outgoing shipments from my Home. Handy for all my international stuff. They're good for Domestic deliveries too.

Now I'm sounding like an advert, I'll get my Coat.
skuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 18:26   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
My mum in law is currently having problems with Hermes.
She ordered a table from create and craft, it was not delivered so got a refund (after mucho hasslo) however now hermes keep trying to deliver it and every time she refuses delivery, then a few days later they try again.

Complete idiots.
I can more than understand your mum in laws concern, earlier on this year I ordered an item that was said to have been delivered, I had to contact the supplier to say that I had not received it, for which the supplier refunded the cost, after a month or so I had reason to remove my recycling bins and hey ho there was the items that Hermes had left (with out any letter/note or whatever)
I re/ refunded the monies and asked the supplier to please look into the couriers that they were using. Regards Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hermes, post, recommendations

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..