Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2006, 19:03   #16
God Member

Re: Southern Ireland

Will vouch for this - there isnt an Asda in Armagh! In Armagh there is Wellworths, Woolworths, and Emersons. She must have been talking about Omagh. There is the City of Armagh as well as the county of Armagh willow - i should know my family come from there and most of them live either in Armagh or in the surrounding towns!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2006, 19:19   #17
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
There is the City of Armagh as well as the county of Armagh willow
I know Shillelagh but I was going off Tinks saying that this woman had said "a town in Omagh" so just saying in my waffly way that Omagh is a town (and you can't have a town in a town) so I wondered if she meant a town in the county Armagh.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 19:34   #18
God Member

LOL! I'm absolutely abysmal at Geography much to the amusement of those around me
Old 21-12-2006, 20:13   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post

She said something about their equalent family tax system & says u can claim benefits from here

The downside was asda was 3hrs away - ah well would suit me LOL!!!
My father is Irish and worked in Southern Ireland when he was younger before moving to the UK. He is 77 now and gets an Irish pension as well as an British penison. Ok his Irish pension isn't a great deal, but every bit helps.

As for Asda she could travel over the border into the North to shop, as it will be a lot cheaper and she probably fills up with petrol whilst there.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006, 22:06   #20
Resident Waffler

This is the house we could have had for £80,000!!!

Can you imagine what that would cost if it was over here? Mind you, I don't know how much it would cost to buy this now but it is a lovely big house and there are outbuildings too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ireland Feb 2005 052a.jpg (85.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Ireland Feb 2005 054a.jpg (146.5 KB, 7 views)

Old 21-12-2006, 22:23   #21
God Member

You could have done b&b for Accywebbers Willow!!! Not for me though - i'd go and stop with the cousins but i would have stopped in for a brew lol
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006, 22:26   #22
Resident Waffler

We were actually thinking of doing B&B if we'd bought it. It's on the Atlantic coast, a nice little fishing village and quite a popular area for summer visitors.

Old 22-12-2006, 19:09   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was over in eire about 18months ago ,also a year before, the cost of living is SKY HIGH, to what it was in 50s/60s in those days it was way cheaper than ours, but now its not far off extortianate,the wages are higher but employment is not that great.was looking to move over 6 years ago but found the cost of property way beyond me- that was in a village that didnt have running water until mid 60s. dont know about the price of rentals as its something ive never considered.on the plus side,climate apart i think its the greatest place to live,lovely people,less hassle.etc,great scenery. ps were willows on about is the opposite coast to me so it must be cheaper etc,less industry, less people.

Last edited by cashman; 22-12-2006 at 19:12.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

« Help!!! | taxis »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..