Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2011, 08:35   #16

Re: Stage hypnotist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have been hypnotised theraputically several times, and enjoyed the relaxed feeling after it.
So when I had the chance to be hypnotised on stage at Martholme, I had no quibbles about doing it.
I gave an uninhibited impersonation of Shirley Bassey singing Big Spender.
I enjoyed doing it as much as the audience did watching it.

At all the times I was hypnotised I was always concious of what I was doing, but lacked any desire not to do what I was told.
I believe that no hypnotist can make you do something you don't want to do.

Now I know more about hypnotism, I realise that it was risky to be used by a stage hypnotist.
Hypnotherapists approach the practice with more professional care, and are useful for revealing to you any subconcious worries that you thought you had coped with.

My brother is a professionally qualified hypnotherapist (but no longer practices and never hypnotised me)
Hi Margaret I am a stage Hypnotist and have been preforming my Live show for 10 years now , For you to say tht it is risky to be Hypnotised by a stage hypnotist is totaly unfair I spent 3 years studying for my
Profession I had a successful business and decided to sell up and follow my dream of becoming one of the top Hypnotist on the sir cut today , I wonder how long your brother studied for to do his Hypnotherapy
Acari hypnotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2011, 08:45   #17

Hi I am realy sorry that you have been put off getting a Hypnotist for your party, I have been preforming my Show for over 10 years and never once had anyone say my show was rude, unsafe, I spent a great deal of monney to learn to become one of the best Hypnotists in my Field , I moved to America and study under the number one Hypnotist in the world , I am a member of FESH (fedaration of ethical stage hypnotists) and I would recomend any member to be able to preform to a very high standerd so if you think you would like to book a show in the future then please look for a hypnotist who is a member of fesh that way you know that you will get a hypnotist that is goverd by the organisation
Acari hypnotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 10:09   #18
Give, give, give member

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 10:29   #19
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acari hypnotist View Post
Hi I am realy sorry that you have been put off getting a Hypnotist for your party, I have been preforming my Show for over 10 years and never once had anyone say my show was rude, unsafe, I spent a great deal of monney to learn to become one of the best Hypnotists in my Field , I moved to America and study under the number one Hypnotist in the world , I am a member of FESH (fedaration of ethical stage hypnotists) and I would recomend any member to be able to preform to a very high standerd so if you think you would like to book a show in the future then please look for a hypnotist who is a member of fesh that way you know that you will get a hypnotist that is goverd by the organisation

The thing is, that for every one of those who perform ethically there are probably many many others who don't, and leave the public at risk.
I did not know that there was a Federation of Ethical Stage Hypnotists.......and I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of the general public don't know either.
I worked in the medical profession for many years and I saw hynotism used to good advantage for patients on a number of occasions....mainly in the area of the control of chronic pain.......I know it has its values, but I, personally, would be very wary of using it for entertainment value.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 20:22   #20
Senior Member+

My wife once went to a hypnotist to try to stop smoking. Afterwards she got back in the car, lit a cigarette and said 'He IS good! He said they'd taste awefull and it does!'
End of experiment.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 22:51   #21
Give, give, give member

I received hypnotherapy treatment as a child, which worked successfully, but I wouldn't want to see stage hypnotism as a form of entertainment.

You don't need to buy a ticket to see people make a tit of themselves.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 22:56   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acari hypnotist View Post
I had a successful business and decided to sell up and follow my dream of becoming one of the top Hypnotist on the sir cut today , I wonder how long your brother studied for to do his Hypnotherapy
Probably a bit longer than you studied grammar?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..