Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2011, 18:01   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Tesco Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
If you look on his youtube site, one of his most wanted muppets clips is "Ernie and Bert Go Shopping." You really couldn't make it up.
They are no doubt Bee's heros Wyn
Old 08-05-2011, 20:57   #32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
They are no doubt Bee's heros Wyn
No, Jay, Cookie Monster's his hero. He's number one on his muppets episode wants list!
Old 08-05-2011, 21:19   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i think its a big attempted wind up, orchestrated by one who should know better.
Old 08-05-2011, 22:08   #34
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think its a big attempted wind up, orchestrated by one who should know better.
Rapidly coming to the same conclusion.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:13   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Rapidly coming to the same conclusion.
There's quite a few people are coming to that conclusion Wyn
Old 10-05-2011, 09:09   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There's quite a few people are coming to that conclusion Wyn
Surely, if it was an existing member who had started a new account, the moderators would have jumped on them by now, as I thought that was strictly against the rules and punishable by a ban?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:12   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

maybe it would have to be a self imposed one?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:22   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
maybe it would have to be a self imposed one?
Surely not! I can't believe that the moderators would create rules, then not abide by them!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:24   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Surely not! I can't believe that the moderators would create rules, then not abide by them!
well it is a bit far fetched i know.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:24   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Can't believe that a man of the world like your good self, can be so green
Old 10-05-2011, 09:27   #41
Super Moderator

No, still can't believe it. IF (and I emphasise the IF) it's true that a moderator has created a second account, then maybe there's been a change of rules and we're all allowed to do it?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:52   #42
God Member

yep..but where is Nelson? and was there a Tesco or Weatherspoons int'u area?.. I doubt we will ever know... only time can tell.. and thanks to the 24 hours drinking laws brought in by Labour ..I can't tell you to nowt untill I meet my mate.. and he knows everything!

Last edited by Mancie; 10-05-2011 at 09:57.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 21:09   #43
Senior Member+

Nelson tesco wasn't making enough and shut down, some staff moved to the accy one my sister in law worked there. In nelson your better off going to the butchers and marias cash and carry, cheaper and better quality lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 09:32   #44
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
Nelson tesco wasn't making enough and shut down,
A man told me last week that his grandson had got an application form for a job at B&Q . He asked him why he was getting a job in Blackburn . The grandson replied that it was for B&Q in Accy . They were buying the Tesco when it closed down .

I took the story with a pinch of salt , and when I saw this man again I asked him why it hadn't been in the Press . He replied that the jobs were not advertised , but the grandson got the form from the Job Centre .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 10:39   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
A man told me last week that his grandson had got an application form for a job at B&Q . He asked him why he was getting a job in Blackburn . The grandson replied that it was for B&Q in Accy . They were buying the Tesco when it closed down .

I took the story with a pinch of salt , and when I saw this man again I asked him why it hadn't been in the Press . He replied that the jobs were not advertised , but the grandson got the form from the Job Centre .
If thats the case,looks like i will be returning to Blackburn fer me main shop. am amazed Tesco aint giving it time to consolidate trade if its so.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..