Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2004, 08:11   #31
God Member

Re: Think Gobsmacked Is The Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff
What does my head in about the news is that if something happens in the northwest it stays on the northwest news, if the same thing happens in the south it's national news! And weather reports - If the north gets snow no one knows about it, London gets 3 flakes of snow - & once again national news! Sorry to moan - but I'm really feeling this North/South divide.
You're quite right about that Shortie. The main culprit of the lot is the so-called " British" Broadcasting Corporation; of course, it is nothing of the sort. It is the London Broadcasting Corporation, sprouting 24hours a day politically-correct drivel on a spurious agenda of pro-islamic fundamentalism, pro-EU, pro-Gay marriage and pro- any crackpot cause you may care to mention. This, they believe, is what people in britain want to see & hear.
It's nonsense; and the sooner the BBC is abolished - or at least has it's license funding revoked - the better. That way we can get broadcasting resources back on a regional basis so we can watch things that are of concern to us.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2004, 13:39   #32
Senior Member+

What ever happened to "Look North", time to bring it back?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 14:05   #33
God Member

"Look North" - it went south.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 20:09   #34
Accrington Web Mascot

What's worse about BBC one - is that if you have Sky there are 2000 different channels of BBC one (1 for every region) but they all show the same thing at the same time - so why pretend they cater for all areas! At least ITV1 is actually different when your out of the Granada region.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:12   #35
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I don't have sky, purely because I refuse to pay for all those different channels and still have nothing decent to watch. I rarely watch the Beeb, being as there's nothing on there either. I watch local news on ITV and national news on ITV an very little else. Only have the telly on for about an hour a day. You don't need telly when you have a life....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 18:16   #36
Accrington Web Mascot

I won't take offense at that!
Old 08-04-2004, 20:52   #37
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Ooops!! No offence intended to anyone. My point is that I can normally find something better to do than watch a load of drivel. It usually involves a couple of strongbows mind you, but I have genuinely been way too busy lately to bother with the telly.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 14:27   #38
Accrington Web Mascot

Don't worry Lettie - I knew what you meant! But you know you watch too much telly when you talk about soap characters like their your friends & neighbours!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..