Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2011, 13:39   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Toast...what do you like on yours?

Are you aware MargaretR, that many things in life,that people have used or eaten n come to no harm whatsoever by doing so, could be alarmed by yer constant harping on,about harmful things in life, n possibly though yeh mean well,may do more harm than good.
Old 19-11-2011, 14:10   #77
God Member

She could always try this Cashy! Britain's cheapest meal -recommended in today's austere financial climate...

"Victorian age recipe, toast sandwich, which consists of a slice of toast between two slices of bread and butter, and some pepper and salt for taste is UK's cheapest meal, according to the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC). The meal costs 7.5 pence and was first promoted by Victorian food writer Mrs Beeton."

ONE A DAY KEEPS THE BANK-MANAGER AT BAY!!!!

Read more: UK's Cheapest Meal- Toast Sandwich | MedIndia UK's Cheapest Meal- Toast Sandwich | MedIndia

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 14:16   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Anchor Institute :: New Zealand
"Anchor Spreadable is great for sandwiches and there's no need for the butter conditioner. It's Anchor Butter softened with canola oil for extra spreadability. Therefore you can enjoy the great butter taste that spreads straight from the fridge."

Are you aware what 'canola oil ' is?
THE DANGERS OF CANOLA OIL

YUK
Everything we ingest is a poison for us - from the moment we are born the very air we breathe is slowly killing us -it is necessary for every chemical reaction in the body and makes our cells age, eventually because of this we meet our demise. Anti-oxidants can slow the process a little but the end will always be the same...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 19-11-2011, 14:26   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Didn't quite have you down as a Bon viveur! (Swilled down with a mug of tea?)
I'll have you know that our Tealeaf is very sophisticated mobertol, he even sticks his pinkie out when drinking his tea
Old 19-11-2011, 14:27   #80
I am Banned

Quote:
Sorry to be ignorant - but what exactly are "tram scotches"? Like the idea that they are slathered in best butter though!
Just sin this, tha dusn'd kno wad a tram scotch is, flamin eck, tram conductor use tu av a thick wedge, wich wur bunged under wheels, to stop tram rollin back, wen driver switched power off,.
A decent slice of toast as tu be thick enough to scotch a tram.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 14:27   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'll have you know that our Tealeaf is very sophisticated mobertol, he even sticks his pinkie out when drinking his tea
But does he do a genteel slurp?!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 19-11-2011, 14:30   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Just sin this, tha dusn'd kno wad a tram scotch is, flamin eck, tram conductor use tu av a thick wedge, wich wur bunged under wheels, to stop tram rollin back, wen driver switched power off,.
A decent slice of toast as tu be thick enough to scotch a tram.
Retlaw.
Thanks for that Walter -no else had set the record straight on that one - like a thick slice myself -preferably the crust!

Only ever been on the trams in Fleetwood - no tram scotches to be seen as far as I remember...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 19-11-2011, 14:31   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:
But does he do a genteel slurp?!
Very genteel, very genteel in deed
Old 19-11-2011, 14:48   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Very genteel, very genteel in deed
Presume he uses "leaf" tea as well

I could grow to like him....

I have been called "Faddy" about my love of tea....

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 19-11-2011, 14:54   #85
God Member

Tea and Toast art -very original!! Made with the real stuff - clever...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tea.jpg (11.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Toast.jpg (26.9 KB, 2 views)

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 19-11-2011, 16:22   #86
Resting In Peace

Personally prefer the holy family...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 17:52   #87
God Member

Found this today on the Beeb site:
BBC News - The toast sandwich and other hyper-cheap meals

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 18:39   #88
I am Banned

Quote:
Thanks for that Walter -no else had set the record straight on that one - like a thick slice myself -preferably the crust!

Only ever been on the trams in Fleetwood - no tram scotches to be seen as far as I remember...
Thurs no ills i Fleetwood, bud tha needs a tram scotch if tha guin up Bash Brew, ur up Whalley Reuad tut Thospital.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 18:54   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Anchor Institute :: New Zealand
"Anchor Spreadable is great for sandwiches and there's no need for the butter conditioner. It's Anchor Butter softened with canola oil for extra spreadability. Therefore you can enjoy the great butter taste that spreads straight from the fridge."

Are you aware what 'canola oil ' is?
THE DANGERS OF CANOLA OIL

YUK
I like the taste of butter but it makes me ill, I can eat anchor lighter spreadable and I'm ok, so I suppose the canola oil can't be doing me that much harm and it must be better for you than the totally manufactured spreads - if you took note of everything they reckon is bad for you you'd never eat anything! I haven't looked at the link because as a grumpy old woman I get annoyed at killjoys/do gooders who try to tell people how to behave and live their lives .Anyway I like to live dangerously!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 19:07   #90

I've just done a bit of research into canola oil which is also known as rapeseed oil and it has a lot of very beneficial effects on the body including apparently lowering cholesterol, and is also good for the heart and blood. Just goes to show that you can get completely opposing information when searching on the internet.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..