Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 18:54   #1591
God Member

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Be careful Eric them Mohawks are good with them Tomahawks
Nah ... tomahawks are old hat ... they all have firearms now ... and for all you smokers: cigs are only $10 for a carton of 200 on the rez; and good cuban cigars $10 a pop

And it's been bloody cold here for the past few days .... down to -25 with the windchill
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2009, 19:16   #1592
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Is snow on the way again??, i hope not!
Old 03-03-2009, 19:32   #1593
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Is snow on the way again??, i hope not!
Oh yeh, more snow is on the way ... but only a light dusting of 10cm on the weekend .... this has been a long winter ... but it can't last more than a couple of more months
Old 03-03-2009, 19:36   #1594
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Oh yeh, more snow is on the way ... but only a light dusting of 10cm on the weekend .... this has been a long winter ... but it can't last more than a couple of more months
Do you get cabin fever sometimes?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:46   #1595

Thumbs up Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by south aussie View Post
We have been very lucky so far ,and not had any major bushfires as yet,in South Australia.
A fire started on Saturday [20klms away ] but was quickly extinguished.
South Australia is noted as being the driest state in the driest continent on earth
Let,s hope our good luck continues
Bushfires in Victoria just about under control

Here in SA our first rainfall in 80 days,even though it was only 10 mm, it was most welcome.
south aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:12   #1596
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well we got a slight covering of snow overnight, most of it seems to have landed on the car.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:39   #1597
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Nah ... tomahawks are old hat ... they all have firearms now ... and for all you smokers: cigs are only $10 for a carton of 200 on the rez; and good cuban cigars $10 a pop

And it's been bloody cold here for the past few days .... down to -25 with the windchill
Looks like you'll have to keep your shirt on then Eric, when your shifting the snow
Old 04-03-2009, 17:46   #1598
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Big snowflakes this afternoon....didnt they look lovely?

clear night tonight so its gonna be cold!
Old 04-03-2009, 18:50   #1599
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Do you get cabin fever sometimes?
Never ... in winter I live in an igloo .... and, according to the long range forecast, I might have to get my teepee ready to go .....

But seriously ... no, when winter arrives, I get out and enjoy it .... drove past the lake yesterday and there were lots of folks out on the ice enjoying the sunshine ... it was cold (about -15 with the windchill) but that doesn't keep everyone from having fun. And it looks like spring might be on the way in the next couple of weeks ... and if the next few weeks don't bring us nice weather, I can always take in a show at the K-Rock ... looks like Neil Young, k. d. lang, Bryan Adams, the Tragically Hip, and Diana Krall will be coming this month.

This has been a long, cold winter ... the worst in 15 years ... esp. out west: in Regina, Sask. they had 60 days where they recorded temps below -30 But .... almost over
Old 06-03-2009, 18:51   #1600
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Wasnt it a nice day today?, i hope it will be the same tomorrow, gonna drag me fella out on a bike ride then clear the shed
Old 06-03-2009, 19:56   #1601
God Member

The weather in Spain for the last two days has been awful. On the Costa Blanca winds of up to 120 MPH. Northern Spain snow, the worst for 30 years.
Not cribbing....my choice to live here.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 18:11   #1602
God Member

Woke up this morning to the sound of .... wait for it .... Canada Geese!!!! The honkers are back .... Spring must be just around the corner.
Old 16-03-2009, 18:28   #1603
Resting in Peace

Not all of them Eric ... had a flock on my lodge this weekend !

Did watch a Magpie gathering twigs for its nest today plus the other birds collecting feathers left behind from the ducks .. aaw ... lovely.

There are two lovely woodpigeons around at the moment too ... they are very pretty.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 02:34   #1604
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Not all of them Eric ... had a flock on my lodge this weekend !

Did watch a Magpie gathering twigs for its nest today plus the other birds collecting feathers left behind from the ducks .. aaw ... lovely.

There are two lovely woodpigeons around at the moment too ... they are very pretty.
You know, hon, when it comes to predicting the weather, I think that the bird-brains know more than we do Saw three hawks today, too, and a sapsucker on the old maple in my yard ... winter is ok., even fun at times, but I love spring and fall.
Old 18-03-2009, 18:03   #1605
God Member

And today, snowdrops .... and the tulips are beginning to show .... more geese ... it's beginning to feel a lot like spring.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..