Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 10:40   #841
God Member

Re: weather??

its all gone its all gone
Old 06-04-2008, 11:04   #842

sorry all more snow tonight forecast. its got to be bad all week,
just watch the farming weather
pam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:54   #843
God Member

It is snowing again
Old 06-04-2008, 12:57   #844

its light snow in rishton

by Site Admin
chrismuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 13:11   #845
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
was thinking that myself Granny, i only put my pansies out yesterday
me too,and they looked so nice...
Old 06-04-2008, 13:43   #846
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsboy View Post
its light snow in rishton
Snowing here in Clayton too, but doubt whether it will stick.

At least got one up on Eric now ... just had a look at the webcams for Kingston, and appears to be a sunny, sharp day there...

Loved a past picture showing them playing ice hockey in front of the market..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 14:10   #847
God Member

webcams Mrs?
Old 06-04-2008, 15:22   #848
God Member

We really enjoyed walking back from the Food Festival in the driving sleet!!! NOT
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 15:26   #849
JJ_

It started off very sunny and warm here in Blackpool/Cleveleys this morning....brrrr it raining and cold now....'suppose living by the sea has something to do with it lol
JJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 15:33   #850
Passed away 25-11-09

I woke up at 6 a.m. today and looked out of the window. The sun was shining, the sky was blue and everywhere was covered in about 3" of snow. The trees and bushes were beautiful with every leaf and branch wearing a sparkling white mantle. It all looked like a Christmas card.

I went back to bed and woke again at 8. I opened the curtains and saw that the trees were bare again. In my back garden one side was green in the sunshine while the other side was still under deep snow, the shrubs on the side garden still under their white blankets. I went downstairs, in my dressing gown, and out of the french window and the sun was warm but when I went to the other side, out of the sun, the cold wind made me scuttle back.

By 12 o clock there was hardly any snow left and by 3 p.m. it had all gone. I had put out a load of washing and it had dried nicely in the sun and wind. I went out to check how dry it was and noticed grey clouds to the North, though it was still sunny overhead, so I took the washing in. Ten minutes later it was sleeting heavily, though it didn't stick. As I'm typing this it is hailing and the ground is white again. The forecast for tonight is a mild frost. Roll on Summer!
Old 06-04-2008, 16:09   #851
Passed away 25-11-09

This photo was taken this morning at Lymm Dam, our local lake, which is half a mile from my house.

This cormorant was sitting on his log in the snow.
Old 06-04-2008, 17:11   #852
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Snowing here in Clayton too, but doubt whether it will stick.

At least got one up on Eric now ... just had a look at the webcams for Kingston, and appears to be a sunny, sharp day there...

Loved a past picture showing them playing ice hockey in front of the market..

Damn right .... beautiful day here .... looks like a high of 12, lots of sun, and more of the same tomorrow ... bbq time ... let's burn some meat and drink some beer, and all outside
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 17:25   #853
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
webcams Mrs?
Not sure what you implying madam ... but look at where Eric lives .. bigger town than what I imagined :-

City of Kingston, Ontario, Canada - Market View Web Cams

Westender: those photos are lovely, was pleased to see the comorant .. have a new bird visiting the lodge at the back of my house and wasn't quite sure what it was ... but that is it !!

Don't overdo that steak too much Eric ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:04   #854
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Not sure what you implying madam ... but look at where Eric lives .. bigger town than what I imagined :-

City of Kingston, Ontario, Canada - Market View Web Cams

Westender: those photos are lovely, was pleased to see the comorant .. have a new bird visiting the lodge at the back of my house and wasn't quite sure what it was ... but that is it !!

Don't overdo that steak too much Eric ...
Kingston's a nice little city eh. Don't worry I won't burn it ... Moose steak from my buddy on Tyendenaga, and Bambi burgers.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:20   #855
JJ_

Looks promising again this morning, the sun is peeping out, but maybe like yesterday it'll change suddenly and P down lol.....havent seen any snow
JJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..